Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Anyone else do this?

KioskGuy

Feb 12, 2011, 1:46 PM
This probably won't apply as much to the call center reps here, but it sometimes happens at our kiosks.

Occasionally we'll get people who don't want to give their names. If they're just getting an accessory and not a plan we don't really care, so we make up a name. I've seen Luke Skywalker, Donald Duck, and more on the sales log. I myself have rang someone up as Victor Von Doom. Brings a little bit of levity to the job.
juggalo D

Feb 12, 2011, 2:20 PM
Max steele was the name i gave some guy who didnt want to share his info for a bluetooth. Became a somewhat problem when he wanted to return it lol.
KioskGuy

Feb 12, 2011, 2:25 PM
We don't do returns on anything but phones, fortunately. 🙂
iljaaf21

Feb 12, 2011, 2:50 PM
I had a guy who refused to give his name when he was purchasing a battery. I told him if he had any problems with it, we couldn't return it without his name. He said he didn't plan on returning it. He came back 2 weeks later because it didn't hold a charge. He said he had also lost the receipt, and my co-worker told him we couldn't exchange it because he refused to give his name that time as well! He was pissed. 🙄
Ghosthendrikson

Feb 12, 2011, 3:01 PM
We do returns on all stuff, but we get people to who refuse to share ANY information with me. I do my best to explain that we collect this information for return purposes if you lose your reciept.

I won't lie, it's quite satisfying when the same people who straight up refuse to give me info come back wanting to exchange and don't have a reciept.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.