Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

What do you do...

court333

Jan 29, 2011, 10:20 AM
to pass the time at your job?

Sure, PS passes an hour or so here and there... but for the rest of the gruelling day?

Lately for me I've been reading books on kindle... and now I've downloaded the restaurant city app. 👀 I know I'm a dork, but it gives me something to do 😎
KioskGuy

Jan 29, 2011, 10:24 AM
Lately I've been on PS a lot, though it's slow on the weekends.

Other than that I read comics and watch movies on my phone. The only issue is I run out of comics too slow. I need to get like a whole series.

I'll also sit and play solitaire and chess on the computer occasionally, although I try not to sit at the computer for long periods of time. There's a camera focused on the computer area linked back to the office, so I gotta be up and about. Weekends are easier as no one's in the office lol.
court333

Jan 29, 2011, 10:33 AM
I play solitaire on my phone occasionally... same here with the camera deal. Basically though I can wander to the other side of the phone bar and the camera doesn't catch me playing on my phone there 😉 I'm pretty sure my boss wouldn't care either way, but why take the chance? 😎
KioskGuy

Jan 29, 2011, 10:37 AM
LOL, that's pretty much what I do. Stand to the sides or in front of the kiosk, greet people, and play solitaire or Angry Birds on my phone.

I have a SNES emulator on there but the controls are hard to use, so that doesn't get much use.
court333

Jan 29, 2011, 10:40 AM
hmmm SNES emulator sounds pretty cool... too bad the controls are tough though 😕 Otherwise I'd be all about some DK Country, Mario Kart, and Super Mario 3 😁

I broke up with Angry Birds... it was just making me angry.
KioskGuy

Jan 29, 2011, 10:42 AM
I can only play Angry Birds for so long before I turn it off in frustration.

And I have DKC2 on there. 😁
court333

Jan 29, 2011, 10:49 AM
😲
bluedrummer27

Jan 29, 2011, 7:10 PM
I reply to threads about what my fellow telecommunications retail sales reps do during slow periods 😛
bluedrummer27

Jan 29, 2011, 4:28 PM
we used to have free reign of the internet but they took that away cuz people were getting viruses on company computers. Now I just text, PS, youtube on my phone.... and weave baskets.
smazi

Jan 29, 2011, 10:53 AM
You lot must be in stores. In my call center us slaves aren't allowed to read at our desks, unless it's cell phone research or studying company procedures. No magazines, books, or cell phones to play with. You occasionally see someone doing those things anyway, but it's just a matter of time before some manager or sup swoops in and takes it. Kinda like school but less fun. We mostly stare into space, obsess over our stats, and chit chat with our neighbors (though we're really not even supposed to chit chat).
KioskGuy

Jan 29, 2011, 10:55 AM
When I worked in a call center, it was pretty much the same way. So boring. My shift was from 5-12 in the morning, though, so that made it somewhat bearable as it was slow, went by fast, and I had pretty much the whole day to do whatever.
court333

Jan 29, 2011, 10:57 AM
😳 I wouldn't last 5 seconds there.
txsprintrep

Jan 29, 2011, 2:53 PM
Well you have to understand I currently work at a store in a town of about 13,000 with a median income of 23k a year. Needless to say it is quiet and it has the small town feel and mentality. No one really questions anything. Our store is on the biggest street in town. If you were to drive past the store on a Sat. afternoon I'm either on the computer (not firewalled) or outside tinkering with my 1977 Trans Am 😁
ATTDRONEV2.5

Jan 29, 2011, 3:07 PM
I don't see a trans am....

😳 👀

ON GOOGLE !!
PrettyInPink817

Jan 29, 2011, 6:22 PM
to be able to surf the web and read books and play games here but now i just have PS.
callcenterrep69

Jan 30, 2011, 1:39 PM
Read phonescoop....all day....call center life kinda sux 🙄

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.