Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Why do people hate on US cellular?

desireuser442

Jan 21, 2011, 5:59 PM
I know our smartphones arent fully up to par with nationwide carriors but we do have the best service in the midwest and partner up with verizon for nationwide coverage...whats the use in having a great phone if it doesnt always work?

honest replies and no slander please 😁
Joby Dick

Jan 21, 2011, 6:04 PM
We have nothing to say.
mc tubbs

Jan 21, 2011, 6:07 PM
Dont worry Im not gonna ripe into US Cell. I've been with them since 2001 in Or and still stay even though I've worked for sprint for 6 years. True data isnt the best but I cant beat the free in plans.
desireuser442

Jan 21, 2011, 6:24 PM
true data? and in my area the closest 4g network is in chicago. but we do have the largest most reliable 3g coverage as proven by winning the jd power association award 10 years in a row 😁
mc tubbs

Jan 21, 2011, 6:33 PM
meant to say true, the data isnt the fastest bu
He who Lurks

Jan 21, 2011, 7:02 PM
If you look at the US Cellular forum, the employees seem to hate the belief project. Their belief is it's taking money out of their pocket and I believe it's right!
Mrs.B

Jan 21, 2011, 9:36 PM
I'm not a fan of US Cellular because my brother went to a store and opened a new account and purchased a new phone. He's not very cell phone savvy, it was actually his first cell phone and he blocked the pin on it within three days. He took it back to the store where he bought it and they told him he was out of luck and had to buy a new phone at full retail price or pay the early termination fee. They told him his insurance wouldn't cover it. So he told the store clerk to go ahead and cancel it and bill him the etf, but she apparently didn't-which he found out several months later from a collection agency.
He who Lurks

Jan 24, 2011, 10:49 AM
Could they not give him a PUK or even a new sim? That sounds ridiculous
sistercell

Jan 24, 2011, 11:17 AM
That rep was wrong, his phone would have to be completely wiped, but he may have told you wrong as well cause he didnt like the answer.
Da_Bonehead

Jan 24, 2011, 12:14 PM
If it was a non smart phone i could have been unlocked if it was a smartphone it would have tobe wiped. Maybe it was not a Corp Store. Also accounts cannot be canceled in the store. they have to be handled through customer relations. which is a phone call.
CallCenterBlues

Jan 24, 2011, 12:14 PM
I plead the fifth. 🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.