Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

I just spent

DartStuticus

Dec 28, 2010, 7:18 PM
8 minutes and 45 secods trying to tell someone they had called Sprint telesles, not AT&T and that I can't give them AT&T's number

EIGHT MINUTES AND FORTYFIVE SECONDS 😳
Candall

Dec 28, 2010, 7:27 PM
I had a similar experience today, but it was a back-office issue... and it went on for more like fifteen minutes because I was given a number that used to be on the Sprint network, which evidently gave the cusomer some false sense of hope that if she asked me to fix her problem enough times I'd eventually forget that she doesn't have an account for me to access.
Poking Pixie

Dec 28, 2010, 7:40 PM
1-888-867-4384 add a line or upgrades

1-800-844-5175 start a new account

😁
serendair

Dec 28, 2010, 8:12 PM
🤣

GO PIXIE.
Poking Pixie

Dec 28, 2010, 9:02 PM
*bows* Thank you. 😁
DartStuticus

Dec 30, 2010, 5:14 PM
Well the customer said they were contacted about having a past due amount from 1994. I may not want the competition to "win" so to speak, but I'm not gonna point someone somewhere that will screw another sales agent out of their job. Golden rule and all that.
Poking Pixie

Dec 30, 2010, 6:08 PM
1-800-331-0500 Customer Care

Don't worry, they don't get commission anyways. 🤣
DartStuticus

Dec 30, 2010, 6:40 PM
Thanks. Now comes the question of, Am I allowed to give it out or not. If it had gotten her off my phone I certainly would. Normally I like to drag calls out as we don't have a handle time. We have a conversion rate to worry about 🙄
Poking Pixie

Jan 4, 2011, 2:06 PM
I don't see why not. It's not an internal number. We send that number to customers all the time. I just figured you'd like to know.
The 1

Jan 4, 2011, 3:37 PM
what quality would say, but I'm thinking it would me a coaching session for giving out a number that doesn't have to do with your carrier, and not a number your likely to find internally... just a guess.
ATTDRONEV2.5

Jan 4, 2011, 4:49 PM
in trouble for helping....

sadly that's normal
The 1

Jan 5, 2011, 12:50 PM
tru dat! 🤣
Poking Pixie

Jan 5, 2011, 2:56 PM
I would think they'd be happy that you got the cust off the phone in such a timely fashion. It's got to take less time to just give them the number they need to call than to argue with them that they've reached the wrong phone company. 🙄
Amarantamin

Jan 4, 2011, 10:23 PM
ATT's number is in the Sprint phonebook.

That call would have been a lot shorter if you just told the truth there...
dj89

Jan 4, 2011, 10:52 PM
(S)he just doesn't use resources.
The 1

Jan 5, 2011, 12:54 PM
use resources, when your neighbor will tell you as soon as they get off their call? 🤣
phantom mullet

Jan 5, 2011, 1:03 PM
there are no resources available for contacting other carriers. At least not at the vendor center where DS and I work.

Half of Sprint.com is blocked and a lot of other crap doesn't work either on most days.

Don't assume that every center has the same resources, even on the same project. Any call center worker will know that's ridiculous.
He who Lurks

Jan 6, 2011, 11:56 AM
True, I don't even have #'s for a lot of AT&T departments, like landline, DSL or u-verse.
IrishCarBomb

Jan 6, 2011, 4:19 PM
It is also against rules some places to give out competitor phone numbers or location info. You are directed to inform the customer you can help them set up AT&T (or whoever you work for) but you can't help them with Sprint (or whoever) any way what so ever.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.