Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

oh my god......

Harlequinn23

Dec 30, 2010, 7:01 PM
So.... I dont understand why our phone companies have people on the phones that don't know what kind of devices they sell. I've a customer with a mifi on the line, I contacted customer care, and the rep is telling me we dont sell the mifi, which is bull, because I just went through training on it not even 3 weeks ago. She's trying to tell me its for voice, when its for data, and that we dont offer plans for the mifi, when I know for a fact we do.

Listen, customer care reps, please know your ish before you start telling other reps stuff, and making yourself sound like a retard. K? K.
iljaaf21

Dec 30, 2010, 7:40 PM
I'm sorry mister customer. I know the sign in my window shows an iPhone, but AT&T doesn't actually carry them. No, I know that looks like one on my shelf, but it's actually a toaster oven...
me12

Dec 30, 2010, 8:24 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ
Harlequinn23

Dec 30, 2010, 8:54 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ Right? Like come on people. And they wonder why they don't make sales commission...... 🙄
Poking Pixie

Jan 4, 2011, 1:53 PM
that tried to tell me that the cust was going to upgrade one of their phones to the mifi and use it under their voice plan. 🙄 Rep hung up on me when I informed her that the cust would have to add a line with a separate data plan to get the mifi. 🙄
juggalo D

Dec 31, 2010, 3:52 PM
what kind of reception does that toaster oven get and is it 4g
serendair

Dec 30, 2010, 9:00 PM
...b-but the Mifi's a friggen...

/facepalm.

You may have gotten a newbie. I will be optimistic and hope it was a newbie.
Harlequinn23

Dec 30, 2010, 9:21 PM
So am I. After the whole shibang with that, she was trying to tell me that the mifi should connect to the computer via a usb port.... I wanted to smack her.
serendair

Dec 30, 2010, 9:28 PM

D:

/facepalm again.
DartStuticus

Dec 31, 2010, 5:56 PM
Unless of course you happen to work for Big Red, to be fair we don't sell the MiFi anymore. Its been off the list of available devices, at least though telesales, for a good few months now. 😛

I agree though. It is unacceptable that someone would be that dumb. Though I've personally heard customer care agents tell someone a line was eligible when it was not and numerous other lies. While I've not witnessed it, I know there are sales agents who make other promises we can't keep and tell the customer to call back.

Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world ☚ī¸
ccareatatt

Dec 31, 2010, 8:25 PM
Training gets cancelled for customer care if there is a high call volume. I dont understand it at all because maybe there is a high call volume because of new products or offers???

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.