Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Think about what?

justfinethanku

Dec 21, 2010, 8:26 PM
Are you serious?

You want to take a walk and "think about it"????

What you really mean is, "no, I don't want the phone" but you can't say it. Why?

Because saying "no, I don't want the phone" makes you look retarded. I'm saving you a freaking bag of money every month, you are completely out of contract on your old carrier, you can keep the same phone number and you have a LOT better coverage than your Nextel garbage. Even Nextel wants you to switch! (albeit, not to my company)

You're getting more minutes, more data, more texting and you still want to think about it?

Tell me the truth, did I just talk you into switching to T-Mobile and now you're going to waltz over to Wallmart and let those ass-clowns screw up your plan...
(continues)
juggalo D

Dec 22, 2010, 4:14 PM
That's how it's supposed to work right.
chuckie

Dec 23, 2010, 4:01 PM
dammit!! I hate that...I get those too often too. They ask every question possible, take up about an hour of your life that you will never get back, and then they throw the I'll think about it card at you. And yes, likely by that they meant they are going to Wal-Mart down the street and just getting it there because it is only 97 cents to upgrade and they get a $50 gift card. FML sometimes.
phantom mullet

Dec 23, 2010, 4:31 PM
...but so does Nextel coverage.

Honestly, your customer is better off not setting up service with you. We all know it's true.
justfinethanku

Dec 24, 2010, 7:21 AM
Hey! Now thats not true at all!

In the city I work T-Mobile has siiiick coverage, HSPA+ speeds and a pretty large customer base.

Most of my customers live work and play in the city, and when they leave, they almost always have perfect coverage.

What I'm trying to say is, that for me and my customers, coverage is not an issue at all and everyone knows it.

No offense, but T-Mobiles coverage where you live, work and play has no effect on my customers at all.
phantom mullet

Dec 24, 2010, 9:07 AM
I'm just being a bit of an ass. 😉
OrionsVantage

Dec 23, 2010, 4:38 PM
"Mr/Mrs Customer, i certainly understand going to go think about such a purchase like this. Usually what ends up happening though is my customers will leave from here to go ponder about their decision and realize that they still have questions that haven't been answered and they'll call me up. So are you going home to think about the coverage, the terms of your plan, or the device that you have selected?"

Take their answer and go back to selling.

Obviously this doesn't work all the time, but its another tool that you can use to close more deals.
justfinethanku

Dec 24, 2010, 7:16 AM
Hey! there still are real sales-people who know what they are doing out there!

Yeah, I take the pressure off of them for a minute in a similar way most of the time and try and re-close them a few minutes later.

My favorite close is the ultra-basic, everyone knows but no one really uses effectively "alternate of choice" close.

After asking for the sale and getting rejected, I'll back off, go over the plan real quick with them and fish for any simple objections I can overcome easily with leading questions. After I'm sure I know what plan, phone and budget they need I will break out two cases and simply ask which one they want.

If they say yes to the case, they own the phone and plan as well. :-)

Sometimes you can go through a...
(continues)
Dollgrin

Dec 24, 2010, 7:44 PM
I work a third party location but I used to work in a corporate location for years and I would like you to know I'm not one of the "tards" in a Wal-Mart. I used to HATE getting customers in store to had stuff messed up at Wal-Mart or another third party and then want me to fix it.

"No sir/ma'am, I'm sorry you can't return the phone here and I can't exchange it and price match the other phone they had there (after I talked to you a few days ago and you said you'd have to think about it)You'll have to go back to them to have them take care of it... Oh, you mean to tell me the person you were dealing with obviously didn't know what they were doing in your account and you could see they were messing everything up and you STILL bought the pho...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.