Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 87 replies

Your last UNintelligent customer

pizpiz80

Nov 8, 2004, 12:51 PM
I started this thread so we could all keep our sanity today and keep each other amused with our stories. So after you read mine please reply with a story of your own.

So i had a guy come in and complains to me that my prices on my phones were misleading and wrongfully advertised. He tried to tell me that it was against the law that i had the upgrade/activation price out instead of the retail price. I told him id print up a retail price tag for the phone if he wanted and he said, "No lets just get my business taken care of, lets forget about it." The whole time he was here to return his lg vx3200 cause he liked his Moto 120e better. LOL đŸ˜ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ

Anyways keep in mind that he said we should drop the price subject. So his wife comes up ...
(continues)
amumey

Nov 8, 2004, 1:16 PM
I have a pretty good one... Customer called in to CC with a $300+ phone bill. She sees calls being charged international long distance rates and is upset because she shouldn't be billed for these. Her reason: she called in the month prior to have that option of calling internationally "disconnected" from her account. She didn't want the option of calling outside of the U.S. Let me repeat that...SHE didn't WANT the option of being able to call out. Yet, she continued to make the calls to that other country. When we asked her why she would continue calling, her reply: "I thought that if I asked to have it blocked and you did it for me, I could still call there without being charged the long distance rate." Pretty much she was trying to con our...
(continues)
starwarsgirl

Nov 8, 2004, 2:03 PM
Mine doesn't really compare I fear. The auth calls in, stating he lost the phone. It was lost before the insurance was effective. By like a few months, so I denied it, he argued and said "You WILL replace it." I told him I can't change the date he had verified to me, and I re-quoted the entire convo. up til then, including his verifying the date. He starts saying I had coerced him. I never mentioned a number and I never asked for a date, all I said was, "As specifically as you can remember, I do need an exact date." He said the 3rd, and I said, "To confirm this occurred on...." he agreed. He argued i was GOING TO change the date. I said no I won't, he was a grown man, but put his dad on the line, who was the primary, the old man tr...
(continues)
pizpiz80

Nov 8, 2004, 2:14 PM
I think your story was great. I really find it amusing when people lie but dont put into thought into it prior. lol. Im glad i started this thread. Nothing amuses me more then UNintelligent people. đŸ¤Ŗ
ShunAsa

Nov 8, 2004, 3:47 PM
I actually try to help them out, because 9 times out of 10, the metro rep did not tell them about the 31 days between the time they enroll in the insurance and the time the insurance starts, so, when I ask them when the incident occured or when the trouble started, they say a couple of months ago and then I'll say, "well, when did the problem get real bad"? sometimes they'll say "oh, last week" and i'll use that date, but sometimes I get the ones who say right after I bought or they'll say "i said two months ago" I put it in the system and it disclaims it because it happened over sixty days ago and then they get pissed at me and try to change the date....HELL NO!
Corpo Rat

Nov 8, 2004, 2:15 PM
starwarsgirl said:
he argued and said "You WILL replace it."

"These are not the droids you're looking for." I always enjoyed the custies that tried the Jedi Mind Trick on me. Don't tell me what I'm going to do... that's the quickest way to piss me off & ensure that I will do everything in my power to **** you over.
starwarsgirl

Nov 8, 2004, 2:23 PM
it's just so funny when they try it, like threatening me over a phone is all that scary. They get that tone, which I also use when saying """no I WON"T.""" Mind tricks only work on the weak minded. And maybe in person, but not over a phone.
Vox Dei

Nov 9, 2004, 2:31 PM
That's when you start using words like INSURANCE FRAUD. AND LAWSUIT. back at him 😛
tequilasundae

Nov 9, 2004, 3:23 PM
also when we opened up here the credit classes were changed to get more custmers..many stupid young people were getting service with no deposit..urban legend has it that between 75 and 90% of accts actvted under that were suspended or sent to collections...the head of credit stepped down and everything,,,the unholy spawn of this development is the "someone sold me this phone, my sisters baby cousin gave me this phone, i got this phone at a garage sale", etc..of course ESN's with active balances can't be realeased, leaving these people with a nice paperweight...
đŸ¤Ŗ

also a whole legion of 17 yr olds who turned 18 at the time strut in here confidently like theyre gonna pass w/out a deposit... đŸ˜ŗ
ShunAsa

Nov 9, 2004, 3:32 PM
Wow...what a HUGE mistake
tequilasundae

Nov 9, 2004, 3:48 PM
a little addendum to this is that the cred it grades they had were bumped up...if they were a 0.00 deposit , and didnt get a phone, they were a 200.00 next time they came in...that cheesed a few people off...
Corpo Rat

Nov 9, 2004, 3:37 PM
Ah, the good old days of Sprint. I was working at Radio Shack when they started up, back in '96. I made an awful lot of money off of those bad-credit activations. Then it almost bankrupted Sprint a couple of years ago, and they switched their business model to what it is now.
ShunAsa

Nov 9, 2004, 3:44 PM
they still give credit to virtually anyone for $125
Corpo Rat

Nov 9, 2004, 4:30 PM
ShunAsa said:
they still give credit to virtually anyone for $125

Yep. They're the original 'warm body' carrier.
ShunAsa

Nov 9, 2004, 5:27 PM
"Where there any accessories on your phone when it was stolen"? "Yes, I had long distance" đŸ˜ŗ
JJMcClain

Nov 9, 2004, 7:33 PM
hehe...
JJMcClain

Nov 8, 2004, 2:11 PM
There was a guy that called in and wanted to speak to a manager because he had to dial 10 digits on his prepaid phone... it got escalated to me, then he wanted to speak to someone higher than me... and he said he was complaining to the FCC... i've come to hate customers from Miami...
ShunAsa

Nov 8, 2004, 3:49 PM
As.do.I....Hiahleah, Miami, the whole friggin' state.
JJMcClain

Nov 8, 2004, 4:19 PM
If they call in from Miami, I just consider them the North Cuban Communist...
tyrjohn

Nov 8, 2004, 6:56 PM
Well get this lady just calls is going off. I sat here all day where is my Phn. Well being the smart person that I am I check. fed ex tried to deliver her phn/ shes going off no they didn't I was here and even if they would have they would have left a tag. Well to make a long story short the mouth is walking around her house opens her her door and long and behold there is a tag stating fed-ex tried to give her the phn. Then she says guess I need to give you an apology. but she didn't all she said was where is the fed-ex station. adv her to call Fed-ex and asked them I only deal with insurance related ?
pizpiz80

Nov 8, 2004, 7:02 PM
No offense man. But im sure its a great story ,but i just dont understand. Your typing and sentence structure boggles my minds. I cant figure out if im reading a story or doing a cryptogram. :-)
JJMcClain

Nov 8, 2004, 7:05 PM
lol...
tyrjohn

Nov 8, 2004, 7:23 PM
sorry I am used to the way we type at work.

well what I was saying is this lady is yelling about not getting her phone. I told her fed-Ex tried to bring the phone but noone was there they would have left a note saying they were there. she is yelling and saying no the didn't she was there all day and they did not come. But when she looked outside the note was there and she had not heard them knocking at the door.
starwarsgirl

Nov 8, 2004, 7:06 PM
I like when you say "requires a signature" many many times, and then they call back saying weel I didn't know I had to be there to sign for it. Pay attention to the lady ont he phone when she tells you the terms!!!!!!!!!
starwarsgirl

Nov 8, 2004, 7:07 PM
I'm glad it's not just me, but that is kinda harsh!! 😕
ShunAsa

Nov 8, 2004, 7:33 PM
Or that if they can still use their damaged phn the services are going to be interupted, and they call back two days later saying noone told them that and they collect donations for the blind thru their cellphone and it can't be off not even for one day
starwarsgirl

Nov 8, 2004, 7:41 PM
well, we don't stop service once they order a replacement, unless they call Cingular personally and do it, but they always ask if it will be stopped.
JJMcClain

Nov 8, 2004, 8:03 PM
Or... when they break their phone or loose it and want credit b/c they couldn't use their phone... that's like calling the Cable company b/c your TV broke... retards I tell ya...
ShunAsa

Nov 8, 2004, 9:24 PM
How about, "you sent me a replacement phone, i need the ESN# released""I can certainly help you, what is your cellphone number"?"I don't know it"
JJMcClain

Nov 8, 2004, 9:27 PM
Lol... yes... or when prepaid people get mad b/c they want to add min but don't know their number then say, 'you have the computer right there, look it up' hehe... that's funny...
pizpiz80

Nov 8, 2004, 9:33 PM
Oh and another one... When when are doing a new activation-
"Sir/Ma'am what is your SS #?
"I refuse to give that to you. Is that necessary?"
HOW DO THEY THINK OTHER PEOPLE GOT THEIR PHONES? with their license plate #? lol
HolmesSPH

Nov 10, 2004, 10:47 AM
haha I know! I had a woman almost refuse to get a phone (Add-on line) because she didn't want me to have her SSN.... I mean come on VZW already has it I dont see the huge deal in givint it again haha
ShunAsa

Nov 10, 2004, 1:43 PM
Her credit score was probably a 2 anywayz
pizpiz80

Nov 8, 2004, 9:31 PM
LOL. that and when you ask them what plan they have... uh i dont know.

Or even when they come in for a car charger or other accessory and dont have there phone. What type of phone is it. And they respond with, Well its a Verizon. Well what brand is it. I already told you it's a Verizon phone... LOL 😲
ShunAsa

Nov 9, 2004, 1:45 PM
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH I HATE THAT! "Sir, what is the make and model of your phone"? "It's a Metro". "Okay, there should be a word on the front of the phone that's the make and what is the model number"? "It's a Nokia, you know, the blue one, the first ones you guys made"!
tequilasundae

Nov 9, 2004, 2:28 PM
i like when they call ya..i just got asked if a phone that got run over by a car could be repaired!! đŸ˜ŗ (ya all probably notice i make that face a lot)
yeah my favorite brand name flub and i get this all the time...the lg4400-they look at the top and say "GPS" đŸ˜ŗ
sunvzw

Nov 9, 2004, 8:16 PM
i love when people say i have a flip phone you know the ones with buttons it says verzion.... yea i bet it makes calls too...or you look it up on phone scoop and they say yea it looks like that or mabe its that samsung? đŸ˜ŗ
VZdubGANGstarr

Nov 9, 2004, 1:23 AM
Today i answered the phone...customer starts goin off..."why did YOU sign me up for the service knowing i wouldnt be able to keep my number???!!!"...i replied "wait a min wuts goin on?" she says "i have a NJ phone# and this guy at your store said i could port it to CA...he said all i have to do is call this phone number...he was indian and etc etc etc"...i was like "ma'am there are no indian guys that work at this store...and i know no one here would tell you that you could port numbers from the east coast...let me try to pull up your temporary vzw # and see what i can do"...she gives me the number...i find nothing...i recognize the prefix after using the validation tool and ask, "where did you sign up for the 510#?"..."AT YOUR STORE!!!"...i...
(continues)
tequilasundae

Nov 9, 2004, 11:14 AM
We always try to get the people that wanna yell at us for what the other agents have done..were new to the area and the launch didn't go so well initially, and 1 yr later were STILL cleaning up other agents' messes..weve heard stories of them selling local calling plans in MI (we have no MI coverage), one agent was actually sending their customers here to get their phones programmed... đŸ˜ŗ now we are dealing w prepaid which brings out a new low denominator...
JessiCSR

Nov 9, 2004, 9:17 PM
I got a guy the other day who just couldn't accept the fact that we couldn't merge his phones into one account until his billl generated. I said, "i'm sorry, you're going to have to wait until the 11th, I can't do it now" "yes you can! a guy at the store said I could!" "Well, you are able at most times..but not when a bill is in the middle of generating" "yes you can" "no I CAN'T..the system will not allow it, and you've been advised of this by 2 people." "well THREE reps told me I could!" "sir, this isn't a contest. I can't do it. Period." "well somebody there can." "If they can change the system, maybe" "get me a manager" "ok, but they won't be able to do it" "yes they will! and this phone doesn't work!" "what's wrong with it?" "there's a ...
(continues)
coldsteel

Nov 9, 2004, 9:21 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ Whatta maroon...
AGENT DEBIT

Nov 10, 2004, 12:24 AM
Actuallly i Really hate saying this ☚ī¸ BUT the Customer was actually right if you call the TSD Res Desk they will do an imediate account consolidation they usually want the NWRS but in escalated situations they will do imed. over the phone, you just have to explain the situation to them and they will assist.
The Handsome

Nov 10, 2004, 8:17 AM
I do telesales for Cingular, and i get a lot of what you call, simple people. like when i ask them where they are calling from and they say "from my phone", i tell them "alright, but where are you at?" "my house" "okay but what city?" "This one!". keep in mind that i get calls from LA to Boston and everywhere in between. Or when i ask them for their adress and they're like "uhhhh, well you go down main and take a right at the mcdonalds. i'm right there by the mall." As if giving me directions to their house would be any use to me. sometimes i have to tell someone to physically go outside and look at the sign and tell me what the name of the street is and what the numbers on their house say... Simple Folk.
HolmesSPH

Nov 10, 2004, 11:04 AM
wow I have lost my trust in humanity!!

Had a young lady wait for 20 minutes right before the store was closing to have me "look at her phone"... and you know how well young kids wait lol.. So as im there activating THREE lines she making grunts and noises and slamming her phone on the glass counter... FINALLY im done.

I walk over to her, look at her POS moto that she got thru insurance because she wasn't responsible with the first phone. It was damaged as well and I could tell it had been dropped. But there was no moisture indicator so I could not tell whether or not it had gotten wet.

I checked out the batter and some other contacts and still no luck, the phone would not turn on. I finally told her she should attempt to ...
(continues)
ShunAsa

Nov 10, 2004, 1:42 PM
i give you a 8.7 for control 😁
ShunAsa

Nov 10, 2004, 1:35 PM
i get that all the time too! Like when I ask "who's your wireless carrier"? "Nokia" or sometimes they'll say "Metropcs" with an attitude like i'm supposed to already know that but they don't get that we are a seperate4 company with more than one carrier. Or, that we are not in their city, "Where did the incident occur"? "by the mcdonalds on Wilshire"
pizpiz80

Nov 10, 2004, 1:38 PM
Why is it when customers call CS they think you guys across town? lol
ShunAsa

Nov 10, 2004, 2:08 PM
lol!....morons
coldsteel

Nov 10, 2004, 3:18 PM
Sometimes, they're trying to call a local store. I know if the store doesn't answer, it gets routed to CS.
ShunAsa

Nov 10, 2004, 4:23 PM
not in our case
pizpiz80

Nov 10, 2004, 4:29 PM
What i meant was when they call the CS #.
pizpiz80

Nov 21, 2004, 4:43 PM
Man... why do people get so pissed when they find out the retail price on phones? "blah blah blah i already have service though. That's stupid" is the normal answer i get when i tell them. Oh and of course the BS story of how they accidentally broke it. đŸ¤Ŗ
TexasJulie

Nov 21, 2004, 4:55 PM
Ya know what... I just had this conversation not even 15 minutes ago. Did an act. and asked if they wanted insurance... he said Nah.. its only a 15 dollar phone. So I *tried* to explain the whole retail thing to him. I swear he was looking at me like I just grew a second head. đŸ˜ŗ Atleast I tried! LOL
tyrjohn

Nov 21, 2004, 5:09 PM
You cant help people like that. It's almost as bad as the Customers who tell me why do I have to pay a 50.00 deductible when the phone was free.
tequilasundae

Nov 22, 2004, 9:46 AM
what i tell em is this...you trip on the way to your car when you leave, drop the phone and it breaks
tequilasundae

Nov 22, 2004, 10:39 AM
that was weird the rest of my mssage was gone...
ShunAsa

Nov 22, 2004, 1:55 PM
I second that Ty, or "what do I have insurance for"?
pizpiz80

Dec 4, 2004, 10:17 PM
So i got another one today... lol

Im just sittin' there minding my own, and bored outta my mind. This guy comes up to me and says "Do you know who's tables and chairs those are?" I was thinking WTF? These chairs he was asking about belonged to the mall. A fund raiser had been using them and hadn't returned them to the office yet. So i said "I'm pretty sure those are the mall's chairs and tables." He replies with "Where are they?" My jaw dropped and i responded with "THE MALL, you know, here, the mall." Then he says, "So there not for sale?" I totally gave up at this point and said, "You know, probably not." LOL đŸ¤Ŗ
ShunAsa

Dec 4, 2004, 11:00 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ
AGENT DEBIT

Dec 5, 2004, 2:51 PM
I'M believing that.

i had a customer call me, i would like to change my package, wants to change from a 39.99 package to the 49.99 and does not want to renew his contract but wants to keep all of his promotions.I tell him that those were his old promos on old plan, he can change but he loses the unless he renews for the current ones.does it, then bout 6 weeks later he calls in to complain, Iget him he states the rep never informed him of the renewal, it was never informed of the proration, it was and i did, then he states that the rep should be fired!!!!

Once i tell him that wasme dealt with, he begs me to put him back to his previous plan, and put contract,seems indirect dealer had a rebate for him after 1 year and told him you lose i...
(continues)
LOVELYT11

Dec 5, 2004, 3:47 PM
wow that is crazy where do these people come from.really. đŸ‘ŋ
LOVELYT11

Dec 5, 2004, 3:54 PM
😁 hello everyone im new in the forum and i must say i have read all of your remarks in the forum and you really keep me going every day and keep me lmao while at work when its slow between calls.but what really strikes me the most is to know that others share my same thoughts about dealing w/customers and working for cell phone companies. hope to meet everyone soon. 🙂
pizpiz80

Dec 5, 2004, 4:15 PM
Welcome to the forums LOVELYT11. Enjoy yourself and dont forget to post. The only "stupid" posts are the ones that don't get posted. 😎
LOVELYT11

Dec 5, 2004, 4:56 PM
thanks for the tip pizpiz80 🙂
ShunAsa

Dec 6, 2004, 1:15 PM
Hi, sweety! 😁
CainMarko

Dec 6, 2004, 2:59 PM
Welcome, LovelyT11.
dasiygirl2267jmf

Dec 6, 2004, 3:15 PM
Welcome, LovelyT11.

where in teletech you work im there my self in media room
LOVELYT11

Dec 6, 2004, 4:51 PM
sorry cant tell u im keeping my identity hidden but glad to know i have someone to relate to daisy 😁
CainMarko

Dec 6, 2004, 6:15 PM
Good Idea.
LOVELYT11

Dec 6, 2004, 6:54 PM
hey hows it going for you today 🙂
tyrjohn

Dec 6, 2004, 7:41 PM
Welcome and enjoy
Vosberg1

Dec 7, 2010, 5:16 PM
Bump.
me12

Dec 7, 2010, 8:47 PM
You bored?
Vosberg1

Dec 7, 2010, 9:20 PM
I was reading threw the old threads on Shop Talk.
Amarantamin

Dec 7, 2010, 9:33 PM
It's bloody confusing.
Vosberg1

Dec 7, 2010, 10:06 PM
Confusing? Using old threads?
Researcher

Dec 7, 2010, 9:49 PM
Do you think if you went to the Wizard he would give you some brains.

I get so many dumb people I wonder if they are smart enough to open a box of cereal! đŸ‘ŋ
Pimptopian

Dec 11, 2010, 7:13 PM
Today I spent a lovely 28 minutes with a lady who could not understand the concept of a free phone. She was so dense that she actually got a pen and paper and had me list the names of each phone that were free so when she went online to sprint.com she would not get confused with the phones that did not say $0.00. That was after she told me how she had not worked in a month and her boyfriend is cheating on her...
Researcher

Dec 11, 2010, 7:28 PM
understand why 😈
Joby Dick

Dec 12, 2010, 12:14 PM
cheezburger!
olderthandirt

Dec 19, 2010, 5:19 PM
Does she have it on paper about how her boyfriend is cheating on her. Maybe she is confused
Jaymils83

Dec 15, 2010, 5:49 PM
Me: ma'am how can i help you today?
Csr: i don't understand. I just dont understand! Every month! Every month, i get a bill from Verizon!
Me: ma'am do u have service with us?
Csr: yeah! So!?
me: 😕
olderthandirt

Dec 19, 2010, 5:17 PM
🤤
TheSchu

Dec 19, 2010, 4:36 PM
My Best Repeat Customer:

First Visit:
Customer walks in the store and tosses his Rant on the counter, "I don't know what happened. I just woke up this morning took my phone off my dresser and the screen isn't working right." I picked up the phone and said "You must have accidently cracked the screen." Cst "The sreen isn't cracked feel it. There is no crack." Me "The is plastic covering the actual screen, wich is cracked." So i pushed genntly on the screen to show the impact point. He then proceeded to argue with me for about 10 min on how the screen wasn't cracked and its not his fault, so I need to replace it. He eventually left, only to return about a week later with his girlfriend(The one who wears the pants).

Second Visit:
(continues)
olderthandirt

Dec 19, 2010, 5:17 PM
And another customer thinks that if they bitch enough that they can have whatever they want because they cryed loud enough and long enough.

Enabling we will go
prizbilla_babykilla

Dec 20, 2010, 1:29 PM
the reason customers think that way is because it works. usually theyll find someone that hates listening to them enough to give them what they want so they leave... đŸ¤Ŗ
kittie

Dec 20, 2010, 1:51 PM
That's why I can't imagine myself working for Retentions Department.

It makes me sick to my stomach to think I have to willy-nilly give what they want just to retain their business when what I really wanna do is cancel their account so they can bitch somewhere else! đŸ‘ŋ
olderthandirt

Dec 20, 2010, 6:23 PM
Actually sometimes they do say- so long, goodbye, don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out.
No surveys for a cancelled customer

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.