Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Sprint Employee plan after quit?

stgaston

Dec 1, 2010, 7:17 PM
Hello Sprinters,
I'm leaving my current job at sprint to practice EMS. I'm wondering if I still will have my employee even though I am not working there. Really not trying to scam anyone, just want to make plans for my wireless service.
Robokitty

Dec 1, 2010, 7:35 PM
I know that Harlequinn still has it after having quit Sprint many many months ago. 😁
Ask The Shack

Dec 2, 2010, 9:07 AM
Way I understand it when I was speaking to some reps is that if you leave Sprint, they offer you the option of switching to a SERO line, you're not going to get to keep your free phone.

Then again, if a manager fails to tell HR to pull the plug, you might be able to get away with it. It depends on the terms you leave.
phantom mullet

Dec 2, 2010, 9:16 AM
If the manager doesn't tell HR to 'pull the plug' as you so eloquently put it, you're technically still employed with Sprint - even if you're not scheduled for any hours.

If you're fired then Human Resources absolutely knows about it - whether your manager thinks you left on good terms is irrelevant - and you will be transitioned to the SERO account type.

@stgaston: you should see if your new employer offers a corporate discount through Sprint. If it's 15% or more you're better off with the employer discount as SERO customers go through hell when trying to upgrade, talk to CS, etc.
stgaston

Dec 2, 2010, 10:03 AM
@phantom mullet
thanks for the insights, I'm quitting peacefully, we shall see what happens. But what do you mean by SERO?
phantom mullet

Dec 2, 2010, 10:44 AM
SERO is an ancient acronym for the Employee Referral Program (which also happens to be the former-employee account type).

You have 30 days to transfer services to this account type or your employee account could be closed at Sprint's discretion.

What type of phone do you currently have on your employee account?
stgaston

Dec 2, 2010, 11:37 AM
I have an HTC hero on my account and a Sierra Wireless Overdrive 3G/4G hotspot. I guess I'll find out sooner or later if they are going to charge me the regular rate or not.
phantom mullet

Dec 2, 2010, 11:43 AM
When you cancel call employee care and see if you can get hooked up with SERO Premium 500.
Technically it's not offered to "new" SERO customers, but since you're a former employee you may be able to get it.

Five hundred anytime minutes, unlimited everything else, and only $40 a month. If that doesn't work, like I said, get a consumer account and attach a corporate discount.

Best case scenario, you're looking at:
Phone - $40
Data Card - $50
Total - ~$90
wireless.praying.mantis

Dec 5, 2010, 8:51 PM
You may wish to speak with your SM at the store after reading through the M&Ps in RSP pertaining to EWD accounts post Sprint employment.
phantom mullet

Dec 2, 2010, 10:45 AM
Acronym is for Sprint Employee Referral Offer.
RavenSkyhawk

Dec 6, 2010, 4:01 PM
If your currently on an employee purchase plan or some other insanely reduced price plan as an employee, you will be removed from that plan. Termination does not grant SERO access either. Your manager may make arrangements for SERO after leaving, but there is nothing in policy that says they have to.
After so long your SSN is put on a list of other non-employees. One of the back office depts, like myself though not me, send you a back door VM and letter informing you the date you were changed to a basic 200 and you are liable for all charges incurred if you do not update your price plan. Now between this Vm and your termination months pass. If you call in during this time someone should mention updating your price plan while your on the ca...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.