Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Tell me if you have ever...

Nmbr1Mommy

Nov 30, 2010, 5:15 PM
Tell me if you have ever done anything like this...

I was on a sup call when the customer then asked for MY manager, by policy and because there was no one else i could get on the phone at that moment i told him it would be a 24-48 hour call back. he did not accept this and told me he would not hang up until i got someone on the line...

Now the next thing i said i didnt think about before it came out and i probly should have but this is what i said...

"Well sir, would you mind holding for about 24-48 hours?"

I really like my job and REALLY like helping customers and treating them with respect but like i said it came out before i thought about it.
RavenSkyhawk

Nov 30, 2010, 6:17 PM
There was once a call on hold overnight. Its only rumor, no verification, but supposedly everyone left for the night including the supervisors when an agent was on a call in the learning lab. The agent placed the customer on hold to get someone only to be locked out when they went outside to find the cars all gone. I don't believe it, but its a solid enough rumor that agents in training are told to not leave the building after hours and if working late to move close to the closing supervisor.
Researcher

Nov 30, 2010, 6:50 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
The 1

Nov 30, 2010, 7:07 PM
do you have a workforce? somebody got fired, workforce and/or supervisor I would think
coowguy

Nov 30, 2010, 9:54 PM
I was taking a Sup call when I worked for TMo. This woman would not stop yelling at the top of her lungs. I asked for her to allow me to help her. No...she just wanted to rant and rave about how crappy we are and my service sucks and has for a while (yet she just signed a 2 year deal at that time and was with TMo for about 6 years). Finally, I told her after warning her to keep the conversation civil (after she called me and my family everything but a piece of trash) multiple times that I couldn't help her if she wouldn't calm down. She told me to go to hell, I told her "Ladies First" and hung up. And that's when I found out how fed up I was working at TMo.
phantom mullet

Dec 1, 2010, 9:26 AM
I once had an irate customer tell me to shove a phone up my...hind region... and I told him that if I were to do that it would likely void the warranty.
He who Lurks

Dec 1, 2010, 1:01 PM
LDI turn pink?
phantom mullet

Dec 1, 2010, 3:37 PM
Only after eating something really greasy. 🤭
kt80

Dec 2, 2010, 4:50 PM
I haven't said that but, I have hung up. I once had a customer that wanted to escalate but he did him not want me to place him on hold. We went round and round until I finally told him since he did not like my options and he would not allow me to place him on hold to.have a nice day and hung up on him.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.