Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Alright, I think this is bogus.

Harlequinn23

Nov 22, 2010, 5:24 PM
I was speaking with a friend of mine the other day who was telling me that there was a mass email sent through her call center that basically said that you can't have any personal convos with co-workers while on the floor, even during down time, when there's no calls going through. So that means no "Hey! How was your weekend?" or "How's the family?" or "I saw you at the concert what did you think?"

Personally, I dont understand what the big deal would be..... you practically spend most of your day at work, might as well talk about what's going on at home too, right?
Iove2transfercustomers

Nov 22, 2010, 6:51 PM
right. shouldn't be a problem as long as you are not disturbing someone who is on a call.
Harlequinn23

Nov 22, 2010, 9:08 PM
I totally agree.
kittie

Nov 22, 2010, 7:17 PM
Right.

Haven't heard of that being rolled out here. If anything, it would probably depend on the management for each centers.
Harlequinn23

Nov 22, 2010, 9:09 PM
She said that in the email, it said that it was disrespectful and rude to those who don't have weekends off..... which makes no sense, especially since whatever days off you have that's your weekend, you know? I dunno, I just thought it was dumb.
kittie

Nov 22, 2010, 10:51 PM
Harlequinn23 said:
especially since whatever days off you have that's your weekend, you know?

Exactly!!!

I couldn't quite grasp the sense of the whole thing, either. ๐Ÿ˜•
OfAMightDivine

Nov 23, 2010, 12:38 AM
But you can be sure it doesn't affect managements days off.
Harlequinn23

Nov 23, 2010, 3:35 PM
๐Ÿคจ ..... It doesnt have anything to do with the actual days you have off, rather, talking about what you did during that time.
RobbieJnn

Nov 23, 2010, 5:01 PM
america. free. haha
serendair

Nov 23, 2010, 6:17 PM
I'd check with HR on that one, bring a copy of the email if you have it as well.
Harlequinn23

Nov 23, 2010, 8:18 PM
Not 100% but I think it was from HR.
Dollgrin

Nov 26, 2010, 1:37 PM
Like someone else said, I think it probably has more to do with WHAT people are talking about. If someone is talking about how they picked up some dude/chick or something else pretty inappropriate then that's probably why they got a letter talking about private conversations and people are just missunderstanding the email and what it means. Sometimes people get so far as reading "There are to be no personal conversations while on the clock" and ignore the rest which may say "That could be considered offensive to others". That would make more sense than the hurting people's feelings about not having weekends off.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.