Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

Raised sales goal...

Amarantamin

Nov 11, 2010, 4:26 PM
For the month that will determine the sales bonus on the check right before Christmas.

Now we get to sell harder to make the same bonuses we made last month! Woo!
JTRaven

Nov 11, 2010, 4:28 PM
Sucks way bad I'm sorry to hear that and I know the feeling I hate how they figure goals some times honestly 👿
dj89

Nov 13, 2010, 2:42 PM
But the magic of hitting bonus is in meeting the challenge, isn't it? Wouldn't be too much of a challenge if they kept the same standards, would it?

And it also keeps our employers from having to dish out more money, and keep the profit to themselves. Capitalism!
DartStuticus

Nov 15, 2010, 5:02 PM
In my experience most centers have a fixed budget for incentive that they can give. They have to spread it among all the performers on the floor so if everyone sucks, the people who don't get more money. If you have a higher percentage of competence, unfortunately not everyone gets as much.

I'm sure this isn't the same everywhere but I would think most are something close.
Amarantamin

Nov 15, 2010, 8:49 PM
The site is paid $1000.00/month to give us for sales. They keep what we do not earn.

Therefor, rising sales goal along with excuses to pull sales (Two negative surveys pulls sales bonus regardless of goals met, for instance) is a positive incentive for the company to maximize profits per-employee.
kittie

Nov 15, 2010, 8:57 PM
Sales site do that?

I mean, as far as I know. They always have a specific *budget* for incentives so even if you make a lot of sales, your commission is on a budget to be divided amongst the people who met their goals.

The worst part is if you don't reach one (Take note: Just ONE) specific metric, you lose almost half of your hard-earned money.
Dread_99

Nov 15, 2010, 11:54 PM
That's $1000/month per person right? Cuz if not that's not a lot to split up...
Amarantamin

Nov 16, 2010, 8:47 PM
Per person just for sales bonus, not to pay us for the month.

$1000.00 per person for our sales bonus is $1000.00 per person in profit if they pull our bonuses.
Dread_99

Nov 16, 2010, 9:12 PM
I see what you're saying.
He who Lurks

Nov 17, 2010, 5:07 PM
I'm glad I'm not in sales! i only have to listen to people complain that they dropped their iphone in the toilet and want another without paing early upgrade price
Joby Dick

Nov 15, 2010, 8:02 PM
in the Lounge forum? I'm unsure of whether you were touting Capitalism as a beautiful thing, or mocking it, but there are many a great debate waiting for you in the Lounge!
speedywalk

Nov 16, 2010, 9:59 AM
based on the increased sales that WILL come in December?
Chaos

Nov 16, 2010, 10:01 AM
Only if the sales come. Its getting to be the end of November and the store I work at is getting worse.
speedywalk

Nov 16, 2010, 12:49 PM
is it Black Friday yet?
Chaos

Nov 16, 2010, 8:09 PM
Kinda funny because I havent had the chance to replay today, because I actually had people in the store. I like working twelve hour days, but damn does it go by slowly without anybody coming in.
Amarantamin

Nov 16, 2010, 8:46 PM
Our sales are not phone sales, it's based on plan upgrades.

I only take calls for customers who are already on premium plans, it's not an option. I'll be selling phones all through December, but will not get credit for any of them.

On a related note, goal was raised last year at this time, and it never went down. This is a raise on top of last year's raise on top of the raise from the year before. Long story short, the goal has almost doubled in two years, and it's rather annoying.

I know, they're increasing their profits, which is what companies exist for. However, it is at detriment to my profit, which is the opposite of what I work for.
moeincb

Nov 17, 2010, 12:41 PM
no credit for selling phones? you must be doing it wrong. Im in sprint care and so far this month have sales credits for a dozen new phones, add-a-lines and upgrades.
olderthandirt

Nov 27, 2010, 8:26 PM
And this is a surprise that they would raise the sales goal?
Our bonuses are of no interest to those above us. The more we make the less they get to bonus. Better to keep holding the carrot and see how many will still try.
Most do the best they can but I for one will not sell something they do not need just to make a buck

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.