Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 20 replies

*facepalm*

sprintchickwv

Oct 19, 2010, 11:46 AM
Since almost every Asian person I talk to is in Order Support or Telesales, when I got this little Chinese woman just now, at the end of the call I told her to "have a good shift."

🤭
kittie

Oct 19, 2010, 11:57 AM
🤣 Did you hang up before she realized what you just said? 🤣
island_chica

Oct 19, 2010, 12:06 PM
Maybe she was at work and didn't think anythine of it 🙂
serendair

Oct 19, 2010, 4:32 PM
Don't feel bad, I've done that before. Worst one was when I worked at 24 hour fitness back in 08 and told someone at the end of my shift to "have a nice werewolf".

I'd just been chatting with another of my regular customers about horror movies not even ten minutes prior is the sad part too.
sprintchickwv

Oct 19, 2010, 5:05 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣

there's no such thing as a nice werewolf!
DartStuticus

Oct 19, 2010, 6:24 PM
That depends on if you have any experience with the White Wolf gaming system. None of the ones I've ever played have been nice, but they can exist.
serendair

Oct 19, 2010, 7:04 PM
My Elodoth is kinda nice, freaked out like whoadang because of a massive family-wide slaughter by a Pure who chose to take out some 'other' kinds of aggression on her.

Nearly killed her and she's got nasty scars that transfer over when she fursplodes, but she survived and is looking forward to the day she hands out a bit of a tail kicking in return.

She only really likes her aunt and her only friend left in town from her high school days... who she just found out was a Mage. So she calls his magic the whole "jedi mindtrick thing".

But agreed otherwise; they're kinda cranky.
Fredd

Nov 11, 2010, 11:41 AM
Michael J Fox was a nice werewolf in "Teen Wolf"
Amarantamin

Oct 19, 2010, 5:49 PM
It made me laugh.
serendair

Oct 19, 2010, 7:04 PM
I was cracking up, my friends still give me grief about it. 🤣
This_Troper

Oct 19, 2010, 5:58 PM
That was back when I was married. Then I saw the Onion headline "Man ends Business Call with 'I Love You'"
serendair

Oct 19, 2010, 7:08 PM
...ouch. You made it into the Onion? Or it was just coincidence?
This_Troper

Oct 19, 2010, 7:30 PM
Just coincidence, I would imagine. I would theorise that many a business person has had to fight the rote "I Love You" at the end of a call.
Joben

Oct 19, 2010, 7:41 PM
😉
smazi

Oct 21, 2010, 1:34 AM
I'm more likely to tell a family member "thanks for calling and have a great day!"
kittie

Oct 21, 2010, 7:08 AM
I answer my personal cellphone with, "Thank you for calli---" *slaps forehead
slolearner

Oct 21, 2010, 2:45 PM
kittie said:
I answer my personal cellphone with, "Thank you for calli---" *slaps forehead

Done that one like 20 times now. I hate myself.
ATTDRONEV2.5

Oct 21, 2010, 2:54 PM
i used to start and then sometimes would end it .. Is there anything else i can help you with? ok thank you for calling AT&T .. click

then i'd hear from mom: so and so thinks your nuts 🤣
PhoneyName

Nov 13, 2010, 5:38 PM
A few days ago, when functioning on a severe lack of sleep, a customer walked into my store and I nearly said my phone greeting of "X Wireless, this is Phoneyname..."
I answered the phone immediately after and my coworker nearly died laughing.
Iove2transfercustomers

Oct 20, 2010, 2:46 PM
once, i was notating an account, and i got another call, so i of corse had to answer it. i pulled up the woman's account, and thru the call, i was switching back and forth working her account, and trying to finsh noting the other account. at the end of the call, i said, "have a good day Ms. Rodriguez."

Rodriguez was the name on the other account. it was no where close to her actual last name. 🤭 she didn't say anything, so my guess was she either didn't hear me, or didn't care.
iljaaf21

Nov 11, 2010, 11:33 AM
I used to work for GameStop, and my one manager and I were goofing around while the store was dead, talking to each other in funny Asian accents. The phone rang, and he answered in the same accent, and I immediately fell to the floor laughing when we realized it, and his palm went right to his forehead. The customer on the line thought it was funny. Thankfully he didn't get in trouble.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.