Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

why are customers convinced

Thefireballkid

Oct 23, 2010, 4:27 PM
that we can get them back to the same agent who they just talked to?
olderthandirt

Oct 23, 2010, 4:39 PM
Because they have never worked where that would be an issue. Not everyone works in a call center or place where it can not be done. I have a relative that works for Symantic and he does have an extentsion. Have another friend who works in a different type of call center and she also has an extentsion.
Of course not all jobs turn over employees so fast that it would be an embarrasment to have to explain why someone is no longer there. This way customers have no idea how bad the turnover is in this sort of work.
Thefireballkid

Oct 23, 2010, 4:40 PM
but even then its not like they have a directy of peoples extensions, and the custys dont even know the name of the prev agent.
Robokitty

Oct 23, 2010, 5:22 PM
Well in mine and FBK's case, we work for AT&T.
AT&T has nearing 90 million customers.

To cater to that many customers, obviously a great deal of call center reps need to be available to tend to these idiotic people's needs.

Customers seem to think we are all crammed into one little building and have bunk bed-like desks.
famoussasjohn

Oct 24, 2010, 3:29 PM
well aren't we all slaves for this business?
Robokitty

Oct 24, 2010, 4:05 PM
I believe so. ๐Ÿ˜•
Hombre07

Oct 25, 2010, 2:46 PM
Yes, customers for some reason think this. It never even crosses their mind that there might be multiple call centers, much less dozens of them, in different countries. For that matter, on different continents.
serendair

Oct 23, 2010, 4:46 PM
"Can you get me back to the person I was speaking with?"

"I'm sorry, I don't have the name of the agent or any way to tell who it was. =("

"YOU LIE! YOU'RE JUST PROTECTING HIM/HER!"

"... ๐Ÿคจ"
Thefireballkid

Oct 23, 2010, 4:57 PM
ALL LIES!!!
serendair

Oct 23, 2010, 6:12 PM
Absolutely, and while we're talking, I'd just like to let you know I'm taking your SSN and am going to make a lot of charges on your account. Thanks for playing, have a great day while I transfer you to the last person you spoke- they speak spanish, you know.
olderthandirt

Oct 23, 2010, 6:22 PM
Yes sir I can get you right back to the very person you talked to last. Just a moment while I transfer you to---(now what is that number for the customers own vms) If not there please leave a very detailed message.You will get an alert as soon as done. We strive to do our best to resolve your issues.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.