Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

fake IDs

dumbcustmagnet

Oct 8, 2010, 7:53 PM
So this girl came in to start service with us and the only ID she had on her was a military ID. Normally not a problem to take but the ID was expired in 2004! Not only that, but at the time it expired she was only 21 and a pay grade of E7. Those who know military pay grades will know that reaching an E7 at age 21 is complete bull. So I told her that we can't accept this as ID and she had the nerve to give ME a look. She said she would go somewhere else. Fine with me go start a fraudulent service with someone else.
rainbow_metals

Oct 12, 2010, 2:50 PM
it was probably a dependant id and that would expire when she was 21 but the rank would be associated to her parent. i do know how the ranking works and you are right about e7 being unattainable by age 21, not even with rotc through high school.
deepc

Oct 14, 2010, 4:39 PM
You're correct. I'm a retired E-7 and although it's not possible to reach that rank by the age of 21, my kids also have "dependant id's" that list my rank on them.

So..there's a good chance that you may have turned away a legit customer. The cards are color coded:

Green = active duty
Brown = Dependant
Blue = Retired
Amarantamin

Oct 14, 2010, 6:22 PM
Would you make it 'Expired'?

🤨
Joben

Oct 14, 2010, 6:41 PM
would you put the name as McLovin?
Amarantamin

Oct 14, 2010, 6:52 PM
Last Name.
Joben

Oct 14, 2010, 7:22 PM
Age?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.