Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Transfer of liability with SERO

Ask The Shack

Oct 1, 2010, 8:14 AM
I tried to do a transfer of liability to someone else for one of my SERO lines. The guy got an account set up, so I called Sprint, did a 3 way call and once I verified with them and told them what's up, they let me drop off, so i thought everything was kosher.

So I get an e-mail from the guy that I was trying to transfer to, and he says that they can't do it, and wanted me to call Sprint. I call Sprint up and ask them what happened and the guy informed me that because my line is considered an employee account, and the other person is considered a retail account, they can't do it.

Is there a way around this?

The only way I see is if the person signs up for the new SERO using Russ's information, gets the account set up with a new numb...
(continues)
The 1

Oct 1, 2010, 12:58 PM
Theoretically it would, but shady stuff like this often depends on the change of ownership agent you get.
Arjuun

Oct 1, 2010, 1:43 PM
wont work they dont make the sero plans anyone and any change tot he accout its self will cause them to loose teh features of it the new sero is now called empoyee referal plus plan and its weak , they wont let you move it
island_chica

Oct 1, 2010, 5:58 PM
You can't do a transfer of liabilty to a referral program period. It has to be acted like its a new customer. He can get onto the Everything Plus plan but he will have a to get a new number all together.

Bummer I know if, especially if he's had the number for a while but there isn't any way around it.
iljaaf21

Oct 3, 2010, 10:53 AM
I work for another carrier, so I'm not sure if this would work for you, but my suggestion would be to ask if they can switch the plan (still under your name) to a consumer (retail) account. Then try the ToL.
Ask The Shack

Oct 4, 2010, 7:58 AM
iljaaf21 said:
I work for another carrier, so I'm not sure if this would work for you, but my suggestion would be to ask if they can switch the plan (still under your name) to a consumer (retail) account. Then try the ToL.

They can do that, but the point was switching the plan over to someoen else.

Apparently it can't be done. I spoke to a guy on sprint.com, he said it COULD be done but said I'd have to go to the store. Long story short, after spending an hour there, they lok up the notes he put on my account, and it said I'd have to switch to a consumer plan, then do it. I wasted an hour of my time because of this bonehead, so I reported his ass because he lied to me.

I've heard of people doing it, ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.