Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

How bout putting the plan in my *fill in the blank's* name?

justfinethanku

Sep 25, 2010, 3:50 PM
So far I've had customers request putting phones in their:

1 underage children's names
2 Dead brothers name
3 22 y/o cerebral palsy victims daughters name (a girl who couldn't speak... at all.)

The last one happened today and took the cake.
Da_Bonehead

Sep 25, 2010, 4:12 PM
When I was a Cable TV Technician I used to see this alot. I remember one that I went to their apartment to hook up the cable and I asked if "the person who name is on the work order" was here. The Lady said yes and I asked If I could speak with him and she said ok. called him into the Living room and it was a 10 year old boy. I explained to the lady that I could not have some one under 18 sign a service agreement. She was extemely mad.
My thoughts are JUST BECAUSE YOU RUINED YOUR CREDIT DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD RUIN YOU KIDS CREDIT. They should be able to ruin their own credit just fine with out your help.

Sep 25, 2010, 7:26 PM
LOL....

I ask my customers to try that when I try to sign them up for TV service. But obviously I tell them it has to be with their permission and they have to be 18.

Those examples you two gave are 🤣
Amarantamin

Sep 25, 2010, 10:07 PM
I see a lot of accounts that say 'estate of', but the customer gives me the dead account holder's name and expects me to believe them. Sadly, if they have the security information, I have to pretend; even if we've verified proof of death.
Menno

Sep 26, 2010, 2:04 PM
I have a few to add:

-a 16 year old kid who wants to add his GF to his mother's plan.
-Had a customer who wanted me to set it up in MY name (they swore to pay me every month and bring me beer)
-Customer's who refuse to give me a social, but want 2yr pricing on phones.
Amarantamin

Sep 26, 2010, 2:08 PM
Free beer just for accepting somebody else's financial liability?

Score!
Menno

Sep 26, 2010, 2:15 PM
Yeah, I would've been tempted if he said sam adams.. but he was trying to buy me for Natty Lite
Amarantamin

Sep 26, 2010, 2:34 PM
I like a nice IPA.

Or hemp-brewed beer, those are surprisingly good as well.
Joben

Sep 26, 2010, 2:44 PM
IPA FTW!
Amarantamin

Sep 26, 2010, 2:52 PM
Finally, somebody who's not like "What's an IPA?"

I said that once and somebody said "Oh, I only do legal drugs".

Me: 🤨
Menno

Sep 26, 2010, 3:04 PM
I like a good ipa, but I have to be in the mood for it.

My favorites are ales:

Chimay, this local brewery, and a few others.

But my "go to beer" when I'm out with people is either the sam adams seasonal, or Killians.
Poking Pixie

Sep 27, 2010, 2:48 PM
Have you tried Sam Adams Cherry Wheat? That ish is the bomb. Rather overpriced lately, though. ☹️
deepc

Sep 27, 2010, 3:16 PM
Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA is the top of the line. You should try it.
Menno

Sep 27, 2010, 6:14 PM
That one's not bad. But if the place serves dogfish head.. I love their Midas Touch.
wdfichtel

Sep 28, 2010, 7:46 AM
Menno said:But my "go to beer" when I'm out with people is either the sam adams seasonal, or Killians.

I do like Killians now and again, but for some good beer you need to get a hold of some from the Great Lakes Brewery. I look forward to the Christmas Ale every year. It really does taste like drinking Christmas. 😁
Menno

Sep 28, 2010, 9:06 AM
I've tried their Christmas Ale, it is good.

The Blue Moon seasonal "Full Moon" and "Harvest Moon" are good winter beers as well.

But this is fall.. so you gotta have some Woodchucks!
Fredd

Sep 28, 2010, 9:29 AM
Fall = Oktoberfest.
Sam Adams is always good, Capital Brewing (Middleton WI) is another fine example. Of course, the classics are Hacker-Pschorr adn Spaten. Sehr Güt!
Poking Pixie

Sep 28, 2010, 2:32 PM
My favorite seasonal beer is the summer seasonal Loft by the New Belgian brewery. It's the one with the kite on the lable, but I haven't seen it in a couple of years.
deepc

Sep 27, 2010, 3:13 PM
I'm in Colorado and brew my own IPA (90 minute or double hopped). I'm not sure that I sould sign on to some slackers contract in exchange for the best IPA though 🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.