Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

CUSTOMERS NEVER READ THEIR USER GUIDES!!!!

Mr. Scary

Sep 20, 2010, 4:50 AM
Arrrrrgh!!!! Half these people who send me texts asking how to work their damn phones and set up their emails and this or that about apps - if they just read their user guides, they'd know what to do!

Damn these people for not reading their user guides! It's the first thing you're supposed to do with any complex piece of equipment. Learn how to frickin' use it!
Avaya

Sep 20, 2010, 7:21 AM
🙄 thats your job
Mr. Scary

Sep 20, 2010, 10:10 AM
Avaya said:
🙄 thats your job

You sure? You sure it's not also my job to dial the number for them, and have the conversation for them as well?
Avaya

Sep 20, 2010, 10:19 AM
shut up and answer the next call 😛
Mr. Scary

Sep 20, 2010, 10:38 AM
You shut up, and I'm done with both calls and texts for the day.
ZumiezEastCoast

Sep 28, 2010, 5:24 PM
then go home and stay there 😳
sprintchickwv

Sep 20, 2010, 1:48 PM
I just touch everything on the phone and figure out where stuff is. It's probably harder for older people who haven't had computers/smartphones/MP3 players/handheld gaming systems/etc all their lives.
wdfichtel

Sep 20, 2010, 2:00 PM
I'm the same way. Hand me a phone and I can usually figure it out in a matter of moments. But for those who aren't technically inclined, they really need to read the book. Case in point - my girlfriend got a Samsung Comeback. Not the most complicated phone in the world, but she wouldn't stop using her old phone and take the new one into the wild until she finished reading the entire manual and was sure she knew what she was doing. Wish I could take calls from more people like that.
deepc

Sep 20, 2010, 4:28 PM
I'm technically inclined and love to push buttons but when I got my HD2 a couple of months ago, I had to go through the full manual to get up and running and then I started delving into the web sites to find out all the nifty stuff that I could do that the manual doesn't explain(who'd have guessed that there was a way to run android on a win mo phone?)

I can't stand people who aren't able to read and then call in and want someone to explain the simple stuff.
sprintchickwv

Sep 20, 2010, 4:32 PM
are a beast!
Mr. Scary

Sep 20, 2010, 10:58 PM
deepc said:
I can't stand people who aren't able to read and then call in and want someone to explain the simple stuff.

Like getting a text message asking "how do I download music?"

Kee-rist, people, why not ask me how you wipe your butt? Or how do you get out of bed in the morning? 👿
ZumiezEastCoast

Sep 28, 2010, 5:27 PM
its really like they look at the phone and expect it to happen. so instead of trying to figure it out or even try! they call in and act like there not shure what a phone does
ecycled

Sep 29, 2010, 9:29 AM
They are scared, scared of the phone: breaking, not working, charges on the bill, etc.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.