Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

the G2

phyxlor

Sep 9, 2010, 9:38 AM
depresses me... 800mhz? i KNOW they can do better...the rest of it... eh.. 3.7in screen? is it too much to ask for a screen that goes to the edge like the Vibrant(captivate)? im sure the phone will be amaizing... just less than i expected and so im not impressed.
jmalo

Sep 9, 2010, 10:16 AM
Well the CPU itself is clocked at 800 mhz, but that is the minimum clock speed for the CPU with the maximum being 1 ghz. And I honestly think the G2 will be able to preform other android devices with 1 ghz processors because it runs vanilla android. Less bloatware etc. = better preformance.

Also the CPU is a 45nm CPU that will provide better power management and should improve battery life on the device compaired to the 65nm processors.
phyxlor

Sep 9, 2010, 1:35 PM
thats what i was hoping for, that 1, 800 is an actuall running spped, but its capable of being overclocked, and 2 that maybe it dosent NEED a 1ghz processer because the software is more streamline/efficient. other than that, it looks rather attractive. i guess im a bit bias because i went from a moto rizer to the G1, it changed my world... and compaired to that step, this step is well, tiny.
jmalo

Sep 9, 2010, 1:50 PM
I think it would be a pretty significant increase going from the G1 to the G2, especially if you are running a stock G1. (Rooted and already running 2.2 maybe not.)
phyxlor

Sep 23, 2010, 2:31 PM
from our site on the G2 FAQ's 😁

A customer has inquired about the 800MHz processor in the phone and wants to know why we didn’t include a 1Ghz processor? :

The Snapdragon MSM7230 in the G2 device offers an 800 MHz CPU and is optimized to deliver exceptional performance, long battery life, and leading edge multimedia and web browsing – all with download speeds as fast or faster than many 1 GHz processors currently in the market.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.