Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Cx: I just bought this phone for $40

purplelotus

Aug 20, 2010, 9:13 PM
and I want to activate it on my account.

Me: Sure, sure, let me pull up the account. May I please first see the phone?

Cx: *hands me the phone*

I look at this phone and it has "stolen" written all over it.

Me: ๐Ÿคจ Sooo... what's your phone number?

Cx: xxx-xxx-xxxx. I also want to upgrade my dad's line here. It's eligible, you don't even have to check.

Me: I do have to check, and unfortunately, it's not eligible till November.

Cx: Oh, ok, well then I guess we won't upgrade.

Me: Is this phone active? It already has a phone number in it.

Cx: No, it's not active.

Me: Ok... *checks negative list*
Sir, this phone is still active and it's reported lost or stolen. I'm sorry, but I have to confiscate this device and a...
(continues)
eliasarcade

Aug 20, 2010, 9:24 PM
๐Ÿคฃ

nice story. That sucks...today was actually pretty good for me...No EVO's for you?
purplelotus

Aug 21, 2010, 1:05 PM
We STILL haven't gotten our EVO shipment. It's been almost two weeks. I saw the order and we're supposed to get 4, and my manger's like: OH, I have 3 exchanges and the last one will be on hold for my customer.

I almost don't even want to sell them anymore because he's just being super selfish.

And this customer I posted about... his phone... had naked pictures of his elephant-sized girlfriend on it. I had to be sure that this dude who wanted to activate the phone was lying to me. Never again. I'd rather just look like an ass and save my poor eyes the pain. *BUH*
joeybuschette

Aug 21, 2010, 1:07 PM
You poor thing! You need to clean your eyes out with booze. You must go drink hard drinks and shots right away and forget it ever happened! ๐Ÿ˜
joeybuschette

Aug 21, 2010, 8:52 AM
I'm sorry you didn't sell anything but god that was a great story ๐Ÿคฃ
purplelotus

Aug 21, 2010, 1:06 PM
August has been a really crappy month... The people that would normally be at like $10K in GP still aren't and there are only 9 selling days left in the month. ๐Ÿ˜ข
libreyloco

Aug 22, 2010, 3:51 PM
face to face to not just on over the phn ๐Ÿคฃ
newral

Aug 22, 2010, 4:13 PM
if a phone is reported as lost or stolen, nobody cant activate it and sprint has to keep it? I didnt know that... that it actually shows that in the system... what you guys do with the phone? you guys call the customer so the customer can get the phone or something? how is the proccess for this? im curious.. I have a lot of customers that calls me to report stolen or lost phones and they ask me this stuff which I dont know the answers..
Joben

Aug 22, 2010, 5:08 PM
collects the phones with promises to the customers that they will find and return the devices. However, they refurb them and resell them for warranty/insurance replacements. ๐Ÿ˜›
Amarantamin

Aug 22, 2010, 6:15 PM
Since the person who lost the phone probably got an insurance replacement, it is in a way going back to the customer... ๐Ÿคฃ
purplelotus

Aug 22, 2010, 6:57 PM
contacted the customer's girlfriend. She told him I called and they picked the phone up that night.
purplelotus

Aug 22, 2010, 6:56 PM
Our policy states that when a customer comes in to activate a phone that they did not purchase at our store, we must check the esn for fraud or see if it has been reported lost or stolen. There's a look up tool for this.

Once the status of the esn has been determined, if lost or stolen, you must take the necessary steps to locate and contact the owner of the phone so that it can be returned to them.
This_Troper

Aug 22, 2010, 4:43 PM
I totally sent some people to your place for repairs today! So look for them with bated breath!
purplelotus

Aug 22, 2010, 6:54 PM
I thought we had this conversation already...

It's been really slow today anyway.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.