Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Sprint Store Reps

joeybuschette

Aug 16, 2010, 8:33 AM
What excatly can you guys do for customers? I was hoping to get some details so I can tell the customers what you guys can and can not do. Do you guys charge to transfer contacts? Can you guys bill to account? Can you guys wiave shipping and activation on an account? Can you waive those fees on an account when they have a discount on it as well? And any other tidbits you can inform me of would be great. Thank you guys so much in advance!
bigdfan70

Aug 18, 2010, 9:26 AM
bill to account yes and transfer contacts for free yes...but thats it cannot waive any fees or discount any phones or cannot price match anyone even our own website.which is why knowone can make sales goals in stores anymore and sprint is letting sales reps go everyday.that and the fact they want to get rid of people with 5 years plus of service so they can save money with every rep making starting pay because they have not given raises in 4 years....sorry had to vent 🙄
rainbow_metals

Aug 18, 2010, 12:50 PM
well i understand you pain on the pay because in my call center we get paid per call based on the surveys and how busy we are so if we get a bad survey that isn't our fault, we can get knocked down to min wage which sucks, even after almost seven years with the company it sucks.
bigdfan70

Aug 18, 2010, 2:23 PM
yep sprint should be investing in there network coverage but they are trying to make there current employees as unhappy as possible and with that you get bad moral which leads to bad customer service and more churn...come on sprint how can you not see this????they think they are going to save money buy hiring all new people on at a low wage but you get what you pay for plain and simple!!!
time for a UNION !!!!!!! 😡
rainbow_metals

Aug 18, 2010, 2:26 PM
i would agree with you there, dont know if i would be eligible as i am a vended employee but would still be nice.
joeybuschette

Aug 20, 2010, 8:21 AM
Thank you so much for the info. I am so sorry Sprint is doing that to you guys! THAT IS BS!! 👿
purplelotus

Aug 21, 2010, 1:46 PM
I've played around for a really long time. I could deal with the fact that I don't have 180 days to get charged back if a customer decides to churn. But I couldn't deal with that whole no raise thing for 4 years. Sprint really makes you work for your money, huh?

That's why I work for an indirect. I get a raise every year, and I'm not gonna tell you how much, because then I'd feel like I'd just be rubbing it in your face.

If the company I worked for got rid of every sales associate that had tenure, 1) there wouldn't be very many people left in the company who knew how to do their job and do it well and 2) we wouldn't have won an award for being on the top 100 list of best companies to work for!
purplelotus

Aug 21, 2010, 1:36 PM
It depends on what kind of store you send the customer to.

We're an indirect agent, and since we're charged to keep the updated license on the cellbrite machine (to transfer contacts), we have to charge our customers $15 unless they purchased their phone from our store (could be different elsewhere). Corporate stores do not, and should not charge for this service.

Our indirect can only bill phones to accounts (and nothing else) as long as there is no spending limit and we are shipping out the phones. Corporate stores should be able to bill anything to a customers account as long as they don't have a spending limit.

Indirect agents don't have the ability to waive shipping charges or activation fees at will. If we...
(continues)
joeybuschette

Aug 21, 2010, 3:01 PM
You seem to be a very bright young woman. Thank you for your help. 😁 I hope you are having a great weekend!
m3rksauce

Aug 22, 2010, 11:32 AM
Im a rep..we can basically do whatever we want? lol. Only difference is that i'm a 3rd party indirect dealer. We trasnfer contacts, swap phones, activate all for free. I'm able to waive all upgrade and activation fees with certain discounts that I usually place on accoutns as long as my customer deserves it.(aka isn't a complete arse) or if they actually qualify for the discount. Any other questions feel free to askk.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.