Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

I need a new charger BY Customer x

island4prez

Aug 10, 2010, 9:32 PM
Customer X:I need to charge my phone with one of your chargers please.

Me: I'm sorry but all of our chargers are sealed and I am not allowed to take them out of the package unless you are purchasing it

Customer X:Well my charger broke and I just need to charge it.

Me: If you purchase a charger then you will have one now and in the future

Customer X:What is the charger?

Me: It's a micro usb charger and it is this one (showing the customer the charger)

Customer X:That's not the charger!

Me: Seriously? It's the charger

Customer X: But that's not the same charger

I wanted to stop and tell her that I have been working here for 2 years and say do you really think I don't know what charger goes with your phone? Really! ...
(continues)
Amarantamin

Aug 10, 2010, 9:36 PM
I hate the 'I am too stupid to understand you' arguement. It's as if they believe that pretending you didn't say what you just said will change anything.

"I want to charge my phone."
"You'll need to buy a charger."
"Oh, no thanks, I just want to charge my phone."
"So can I charge my phone?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"You need to buy a charger."
"Why?"
"I cannot open the packages unless the charger is purchased."
"But I just need to charge my phone!"
island4prez

Aug 10, 2010, 9:40 PM
Then they just sit there and look at you.
"SO can you charge my phone?"
Amarantamin

Aug 10, 2010, 9:43 PM
"Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot that I just said NO too. Sure, I can charge your phone!"
OrionsVantage

Aug 14, 2010, 5:18 PM
Custy: Can you transfer my contacts
Me: Sure, it'll be $10.
Custy: No, they told me it'd be free
Me: Who told you
Custy: They did. Can you do it for free
Me: No, but i'll do it for $10
Custy: Are you sure you can't do it for free?
Me: I can do it for $10
Custy: So not free?
Me: Nope. $10.
island4prez

Aug 14, 2010, 5:45 PM
Do you use a cellebrite? Cellebrite charges us monthly now to use there machine and to get software upgrades! So when I tell someone that just came from radio shack that it's $15 they sure don't like me at all!
Da_Bonehead

Aug 14, 2010, 6:21 PM
WOW. I just pay Cellebrite an anual renewal fee and that is it.
slolearner

Aug 14, 2010, 6:40 PM
Yeah, same. That and we have to pay for updated software IF we want to DL it.

You guys charge your customers for contact transfers?! We don't charge for SIMs, transfers, etc... we don't even charge restocking fees on the first return!
island4prez

Aug 15, 2010, 3:04 PM
Well we charge for contact transfers if they 1. Got the phone somewhere else and they would not do it for them.
2. Don't have insurance.

If you buy an accessory the service is free. The contact transfer is a part of service we give with out sales. So a customer buys at Radio shack to pay less for the phone we charge them for the contact transfer because Radio shack did not feel like giving the service needed to set up there new phone.

We also do not charge a restocking fee unless something is missing out of the box.
Da_Bonehead

Aug 16, 2010, 10:23 AM
We don't charge to tansfer contacts, but we will only transfer if we can verify ownership of the orginating phone. in other words they have to be one of our customers or they have to be a new customer from another carrier. We will not transfer if the person is not a customer of ours because of liability.
OrionsVantage

Aug 16, 2010, 2:46 PM
I charge for Data Transfers for any reason other than they bought the phone from me, or warranty/insurance claims.

I'm an indirect, and i have to pay for my Cellebrite. I'm not going to let people use it for free.

Plus, if a customer spends time with me but then buys a phone somewhere else for less money and comes back in because they like the customer service, then they're paying for it.

If you give a mouse a cookie, then they'll expect some milk.
krickt

Aug 16, 2010, 4:52 PM
I love that book! Used to read all of that series to my daughter! Dang, now I feel old!
Vosberg1

Aug 16, 2010, 4:54 PM
Just tell the customer that you will charge it for free, but the electric will cost them..... (you have to pay for the hampsters food somehow)
Ovvenu

Aug 16, 2010, 6:35 PM
i feel really bad for reps who work face to face with the customer. you don't have a mute button.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.