Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

POLL - Do you talk with your hands while on the phone?

DartStuticus

Jul 31, 2010, 2:58 PM
Yes or no.

Sadly I'm a yes. There's not point to it but... yeah, and I'm not even Italian
joeybuschette

Jul 31, 2010, 3:10 PM
Yes. I am very bad at it. I just can't help it though. Even as a kid I always did it
rebel86

Aug 2, 2010, 10:31 PM
I've alawys talked with my hands and even though the customer can't see me explain things with my hands I still use them.

LOL, I try to stop myself at times but they seem to have a mind of their own. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
wildscent

Aug 2, 2010, 10:37 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣
serendair

Jul 31, 2010, 5:15 PM
Definitely. I've got Jazz hands and make people think I'm spazzing out. 🤣
smazi

Jul 31, 2010, 9:47 PM
Yes. sigh. I also smile and nod at the screen sometimes. lol
lil_britney

Aug 1, 2010, 9:40 AM
yep, when I'm taking call... I do all of the above 🙄
I_Flogged_molly

Aug 1, 2010, 5:43 PM
I do it too sadly, when I get super mad at a customer i will flip off the screen and stick my toung out some people realy pi$$ me off.
deepc

Aug 1, 2010, 6:48 PM
I can so relate..I spend the day flipping off my computer screen. I used to really like people but the job has turned me into a stereotyping, semi-postal, pissed of person who is flipping off the computer screen all day long 😢
sprintchickwv

Aug 1, 2010, 4:57 PM
I point at the parts of the phone when I'm programming, I gesture operatically while describing the bill...it's bad.
wildscent

Aug 1, 2010, 5:47 PM
yeah i do 👀 👀 👀
sinister

Aug 2, 2010, 11:19 AM
the only hand talkin i do while i'm on a phone call is flippin my puter screen off & delusionally wishin that the bastard on the other side can see it 🤣

yes yes..my teammates think im crazy 🤣
Researcher

Aug 3, 2010, 12:55 PM
..on "Those" calls...

I make like I am racking a shotgun and shoot at the screen! 😈
ATTDRONEV2.5

Aug 3, 2010, 3:38 PM
just mute before you make the sound effect's that goes with that
Owenu

Aug 3, 2010, 3:58 PM
yes, i do. i actually wave good-bye to the phone when the call is over. i never really noticed that i talk with my hands too until someone pointed it out to me. when i'm mad, i put my phone on mute, put my face closer to the screen, and yell at it like it's the customer. 🤭

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.