Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Dear sprint store reps...

IgotStax

Jul 23, 2010, 6:15 PM
You can not waive an activation fee when you upgrade a phone, or add a new line of service the day the customer comes in. the system generates the charge for the next bill, please god stop telling customers that you are going to waive the fees, because you cant, or stop telling them to call customer care, i am tired of getting yelled at by customers for this and getting negatives on my surveys and costing me money on my pay check......thats all.
astridL

Jul 23, 2010, 6:47 PM
yeah.. they'll say anything to the customer.
IgotStax

Jul 23, 2010, 7:07 PM
whatever to make that sale....to bad when the customer calls in and yells and hangs up on me they get a survey then cost me money on my pay check
purplelotus

Jul 23, 2010, 8:55 PM
👀

CREDIT UNION DISCOUNT! 😳
purplelotus

Jul 23, 2010, 8:57 PM
I always tell customers it may not show up if they have an employee discount of some sort on their account, but we won't know till he contract prints out.

Also....

Customer's lie, just so you know. Not all reps tell customers they'll get it waived. Like me! 😁
IgotStax

Jul 23, 2010, 9:09 PM
every store rep has the same excuse, "customer lie" and the only upgrade fees that get waived so you know is on premier accounts and the primary line only
purplelotus

Jul 24, 2010, 12:52 PM
IgotStax said:
...so you know is on premier accounts and the primary line only

I think it's funny that you group all store reps into one category. It's kind of rude actually.

I've been in the wireless industry for 6 years now, and half of that was in a call center aas a supervisor. I know the SERIOUSLY annoying things that store reps do. What's more, I make it a point to be exactly the opposite and know what I'm doing!

FYI, I resent your stereotyping BS. 😈
80dollarcarcharger

Jul 24, 2010, 1:26 PM
I would love for a call center rep to see if it shows "classic store" or "kiosk" in the queue. I wonder which one garners most of the problems.
purplelotus

Jul 24, 2010, 1:38 PM
It's the same either way. The company I work for right now does both in-line and kiosk stores, in malls or otherwise. A lot of the time our stores aren't capable of doing much more than selling you a phone with a new contract (as upgrade or new), checking your balance and taking bill payments. We don't even do billing for cripes sake!

So I know most customers leaving this store who call in and say "I WANT MY UPGRADE, ACTIVATION OR OVERAGE WAIVED!" are liars when they say "Well the store told me they could do it, and just to call customer service!"

The only time I tell a customer they can get it waived is when the charge is not legitimate! Because I know better. I know Sprint's policies and what-not. And I also know that there are reps ...
(continues)
IgotStax

Jul 26, 2010, 3:07 PM
If you do your job right than thank you.
ochne

Jul 23, 2010, 9:54 PM
Here's how to deal with the custies and the store reps in question:

1. Tell the customer that Care is NOT able to credit that.

2. Tell the customer if the store offered the credit ONLY THE STORE can credit it.

Usually resolves the ones that are lying and puts it back on the reps that promised it for the ones that aren't lying.
IgotStax

Jul 26, 2010, 3:10 PM
yeah, thats what I always do, the problem being is that our pay is based off customer service surveys, and if some store reps, not all some store reps are awesome, and lie about the upgrade fee being waived, I can not waive the fee so when they get the survey they give me a no and my pay goes down.
moeincb

Jul 26, 2010, 4:04 PM
I had that call last week...acct holder for 7 years, 25% corporate discount, asked for ugrade fee to be credited, no I cant do it, asked for a sup, sup said no cant do it, call was sent to escalations, nope cant do it. I'd be happy if customers were just told about the fee when purchasing in a store.
smazi

Jul 24, 2010, 5:01 PM
Just had one of those calls. Customer said Radio Shack told him if he called us and insisted that we would credit the activation fee. So of course I said no. Perhaps he was lying, perhaps not. If stores tell people this it starts out the relationship on an adversarial footing. That's not good for anyone...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.