Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 39 replies

Don't you love being put on hold by a customer?

deepc

Jul 23, 2010, 11:08 AM
WTF is wrong with people? I've had 4 callers ask me questions and then repeatedly put me on hold today.

I expect that when I call in for help that I might have to be put on a short hold but I'm tired of idiotic customers calling in and then immediately putting me on hold.

Anyone else sick of this?
PrettyInPink817

Jul 23, 2010, 11:14 AM
I have had a few calls like that the past week. Customers calling about upgrades and then being at work themselves answering phones. Its rude and a waste of time especially if they don't end up upgrading because they all of a sudden got busy!!! annoying!! đŸ‘ŋ
deepc

Jul 23, 2010, 11:17 AM
Exactly! It makes me want to call their employer right after we hang up and ask them if they realize that their employee is spending all day trying to order or upgrade phones instead of working đŸ‘ŋ

Jul 23, 2010, 12:17 PM
I definitely know that it can be annoying, but you guys do it as well. When I call in i am constantly being put on hold. I guess it's a little revenge.... 😈
deepc

Jul 23, 2010, 12:21 PM
So, again..when I call in for service, I kind of expect that I might need to be put on hold to ensure my issue is resolved.

If I'm a customer and I call in with an issue, I'm definitely not going to place the person who's trying to assist me on hold. That's just completely rude.

I feel like transfering the next person who does this to Spanish 😈

Jul 23, 2010, 12:22 PM
LOL. It's cool, I speak spanish. I'll put them on hold too....
PrettyInPink817

Jul 23, 2010, 12:28 PM
Right, if you a customer calling in expect to be placed on a brief hold to resolve the problem you are calling in about. Don't put us on hold so u can talk to someone else the spanish q is exactly where u will be transfered.

Jul 23, 2010, 12:30 PM
No I seriously get what you m- wait hold on. I got someone on my other forum.... brb.

Un momento por favor...
newral

Jul 23, 2010, 12:53 PM
.. i receive this angry people cursing me on english and im like "disculpe no lo entiendo" "lamento mucho el inconveniente"... THANK YOU! ☚ī¸
deepc

Jul 23, 2010, 2:07 PM
Lo siento amigo.

Muchas gracias 🙂
newral

Jul 23, 2010, 2:47 PM
AMIGA! im a girl ☚ī¸
deepc

Jul 23, 2010, 2:55 PM
Disculpe senorita.

Soy gringo 🤭

Jul 23, 2010, 2:56 PM
lol...

Oh and always tell my gringo friends to start using the word 'gabacho' instead. It's more popular.
newral

Jul 23, 2010, 3:17 PM
thats the first time i heard that word "gabacho" here down in fl is gringo!
newral

Jul 23, 2010, 3:18 PM
i forgive you gringo.. you are trying.. 🙂
deepc

Jul 23, 2010, 3:54 PM
Gracias,

Yo estudio todos los dias y entiendo un poco.

Hasta la vista bebe 🙂
ecycled

Jul 23, 2010, 4:27 PM
Thats what I love about hispanics, they give you credit for trying. But if you speak ebonics to a black person they get all pissy. Go figure.

Hablo espanol un piqueto(sp?), solo vocabulario mas o menos.
newral

Jul 24, 2010, 12:26 PM
gringos sounds so funny when trying to speak spanish.. awww đŸ¤Ŗ

Jul 23, 2010, 2:57 PM
So when someone is transferred to a spanish rep, you guys dont speak english? Or are you just saying that you dont...
newral

Jul 23, 2010, 3:13 PM
we are hispanic people here that speak both, english and spanish but some of the reps know enough english to andle a call but not PERFECT english... is harder to us because at list in my job 99.9 of the calls are spanish so all the info, surveys and the system is all in spanish! so we have translate everything to assist the angry gringo! lol takes longer time which affect us and cust is always asking "WHAT WHAT WHAT"... UGH.. đŸ‘ŋ

Jul 23, 2010, 3:25 PM
haha. okay I get what you mean. Are you guys in the US or somewhere else?
newral

Jul 23, 2010, 3:31 PM
US... but down here there is more hispanics than any other state.. FL

Jul 23, 2010, 3:38 PM
That's true. But there's a big hispanic community where I live as well, Los Angeles. 😉
newral

Jul 23, 2010, 3:41 PM
we are everywhere gringo! 😈

Jul 23, 2010, 3:49 PM
I'm not a gringo!!! I'm a chicano....
newral

Jul 24, 2010, 12:26 PM
whats a chicano!

Jul 24, 2010, 12:50 PM
lol. My parents are mexican, born in Mexico and I was born here. So I identify myself as both. I have strong ties to both the US and Mexico because of my parents and other family.

Were you born here? Or donde?
newral

Jul 24, 2010, 3:05 PM
im born and raised in Puerto rico... im hispanic 100% 😁

Jul 24, 2010, 5:34 PM
Awesome! 😁
newral

Jul 24, 2010, 6:47 PM
yes! hispanics are going to rule the US soon.. đŸ¤Ŗ

Jul 24, 2010, 8:15 PM
lol
pretty much, we're almost there. un poquito mas...
Poking Pixie

Jul 26, 2010, 5:07 PM
IDK, NM where I live might beat FL, or come in close second. đŸ¤Ŗ
wade496

Jul 29, 2010, 1:03 PM
southern california huh?
PrettyInPink817

Jul 23, 2010, 4:24 PM
Im In new Mexico and our center is full of a mixture of hispanics and other races. i know when i get spanish speaking calls i get frustrated so sorry to all the spanish reps, customers are just frustrating at times. most phone reps can be just as frustrating to the customers i guess we all need to see it from all point of views but still the topic is being put on hold with the customer that is just plain rude. if u want the problem resolved then let us do our job don't make us take longer some of us live off of our commission. and have families to feed just like the rest of the world. Treat others how u want to be treated. Especially when u don't know someones job please don't try to do it for them right? 😡
Poking Pixie

Jul 26, 2010, 5:08 PM
Do you work in Rio?
ochne

Jul 23, 2010, 12:45 PM
I love the fact that after a very short period if they still have me on hold I dead air them and hang up all with company approval. They want to do payback for being put on hold to resolve the issue, fine, just don't expect to have me waiting for you to get back from hitting on the coworker or talking to the insignificant other.
ecycled

Jul 23, 2010, 3:38 PM
It can't be that bad, just push that little titled 'shock customer' and everything will be a-ok.

😁
busch light

Jul 24, 2010, 11:55 AM
I legitimately registered for ps for the sole reason of replying to this post...I work indirect retail so I don't have to deal with this issue but in my opinion, there are not many things a customer can do that are more rude than putting a busy CUSTOMER SERVICE agent on hold. The agent isn't intentionally making us wait. They have other customers!!! The customer (and us indirects) have to wait on hold for legit reasons. After that hold, why would a cust not just get to their issue??
Mr. Scary

Jul 24, 2010, 6:00 PM
....her name is Hoe Dawn.

🙄

Can't stand it when customers say that. I'm tempted to introduce them to my friend Jim Click.

http://www.jimclick.com »
sinister

Jul 27, 2010, 11:09 AM
don't know about your center's policy...but mine has a two min hold time max if they don't come back on the line in that time frame? we give closing script & release 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.