Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Calls I get during the day

rebel86

Jul 10, 2010, 6:41 PM
ME: Whom do I have the pleasure of speaking to?

Cx What happen??

ME: My I have your fist and last name Please?

Cx: The acct holders name is BLAH BLAH.

ME: ๐Ÿ‘ฟ OK, and once again, CAN I have YOUR first and last name please?

Cx: Why do you need my name?

Me: Nevermind..... Click...... ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Stupid customer
retrocool

Jul 10, 2010, 8:57 PM
I get that all the time.

I sometimes have to ask multiple times and ways for the person's name. Eventually I'll just buy their pretending to be the account holder, knowing damn well they're not.
purplelotus

Jul 11, 2010, 1:32 PM
Ever seen this?!

*mans voice*: My name is Carole Shinagawa... I'm the account holder!

Notes on account: account holder is a female!
deepc

Jul 11, 2010, 2:28 PM
I get that all the time in both situations. You really don't want to ask because there's a slim possiblity that they are a "high talker" or a lady with a really deep voice.

Most of the time, all I'm feeling with my "spidey-senses" is "slack ass scammer"
smazi

Jul 12, 2010, 7:59 AM
It's so funny when you ask for their name and they reply with the account holder's name. Saying that's them. And then you ask for the last four of their social and hear them yell to someone else "what's your social?"

Uh huh...
๐Ÿคจ
rebel86

Jul 10, 2010, 11:08 PM
1. Are there only idiots calling today?

2. Are all The customers mentally slow?

3. I wonder If I'll make it to hitting the mute button the next time the customer say's " so can you turn my phone off",(after I've already said I'm not your carrier and do not have access to your billing acct) ๐Ÿ™„ . "So since I'm having to wait to recieve my phone until tommorrow and can't go to the store to get a replacement right now can I get a credit on my acct?" Hell No Loser ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
ruler_goddess

Jul 12, 2010, 11:44 AM
I get the same thing. Or the famous can you tell me when my upgrade sate is?

Me: sorry sir\mam i'm not your carrier I don't have your account information.

Or can you tell me how much my ETF is?

Me: Again I can't access your account i'm not the carrier i'm your insurance I don't have the information

Well can't you tell me when my contract is up?

Me: Again as I advised you I don't have that information.

Geeze don't you people know anything you haven't helped me at all I want to cancell this ish.

Me: I would be more then glad to get you over to your carrier ๐Ÿ˜
dumbcustmagnet

Jul 12, 2010, 12:24 PM
Next time have some fun with them just tell them some random dates and billing information. Also tell them that they are the 100th caller of the day and are getting a surprise $100 bill credit and a free upgrade to the best phone that you carry ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
ruler_goddess

Jul 12, 2010, 12:34 PM
That would be so funny but if I was getting monitored I would get wrote up. ๐Ÿ˜ข
SUMC_MEAD

Jul 12, 2010, 11:01 AM
Me: Thank you for calling T-Mobile. Can I help you set up a new line of service or add to your existing account?

Cust: No. I just bought this new Net 10 Phone and need to know my phone number.

Me: Okay sir, you bought a Net 10 phone?

Cust: Yes.

Me: Okay sir, well this is T-Mobile. I can get you set up with a T-Mobile number, but I can't tell you your Net 10 number. You should be able to call 611 from your phone and that will take you to customer care.

Cust: I did that and it brought me to you

Me:Okay sir..Open the menu and select Device Options then...(explains how to look at phone number)

Cust: Oh okay. Thanks.

Are people really that dumb? When we place an order we ask them, Will you review the T&C. They all say y...
(continues)
dumbcustmagnet

Jul 12, 2010, 11:52 AM
I had a customer come in on Friday asking for a sim card for his unlocked AT&T phone. I work at Sprint and told him that he can activate service on the Nextel network and he said that he wasn't interested in activating service and he was only going to use it for a camera and 911 calls. I had to tell him that if he wasn't interested in activating service then we can't give him one of our sim cards and the guy had the nerve to argue with us about it. Eventually we just told him to go down the street to the AT&T store and get one of their sim cards.
SUMC_MEAD

Jul 12, 2010, 12:15 PM
Some people...dumber than a box of rocks
dumbcustmagnet

Jul 12, 2010, 12:25 PM
Hey now, don't go insulting rocks like that.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.