Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 121 replies

Questions You Hate

Lord_Gawkerbane

Aug 26, 2004, 3:54 PM
I know we all have them, and in honor of my time almost being up in this location I'll compile a list of mine, along with what I think when someone asks me one of them. I'm sure some of these will carry over to my new location though. πŸ™„

1. "What do I have to do to get a phone?"
"Give me your ID so I can tell you how much of a deposit you'll have to pay."

2. "Do you have to have good credit to get a phone?"
See #1

3. "Can you check my credit?"
See #1

4. "Can you check to see if I can get a phone?"
See #1

5. "Can I ask you a question?"
"You just did." (Sometimes I actually say this.)

6. "What's your best plan?"
"It depends."

7. "What's your best phone?"
"It depends."

8. "What's your cheapest plan?"
"Well...
(continues)
SammyJankis

Aug 27, 2004, 10:17 AM
hey, thats my list!!!

i hate all of those and i hate the one "can you do something about this?" which follows some story about how we screwed up such and such or that they went over thier minutes and claims they never go over thier minutes and we must be charging them for something they didn't do. oh yea, and i hate the straightfoward approach "can you give me a credit for it?"
geminiwireless.com

Aug 27, 2004, 3:36 PM
One Question I hate is "Do you deal with ________
geminiwireless.com

Aug 27, 2004, 3:41 PM
It cut off my message. When a customer says "Do you deal with (insert carrier) that means they bought a phone from someone else and they want to make ther problem your problem. I have never sold a thing when the customer calls and says do you deal with Cricket.
SammyJankis

Aug 27, 2004, 4:01 PM
i had to ask a customer one time... what the hell is a cricket? i got tired to hearing about it.
AJatRadioShack

May 9, 2005, 3:31 AM
Cricket is for people who ride the bus, are too dumb to for a regular plan, and have never seen the inside of a shower. Single city(zip code) coverage with unlimited calls.
euro

Sep 19, 2004, 4:48 PM
1. Q. So what do I get free?
A. My advice.
2. Q. Why is my bill so high?
A. You didnt pay your bill. You whent over your min. You used your phone when it said, "ROAMING MODE Additional charges will apply". "Do you accept?" (yes) Connecting. You didnt want to pay for a data plan but still downloaded everything you could into your phone! And last but not least you call 411 10 times a day!

3. Q. Why doesent my phone work in my house?
A. You mean in your cave?
4. Q. Why do I have to pay a deposit?
A. Becouse you dont know how to pay your bills.
5. Q. I broke my phone and do not have any insurance. What do I do?
A. Buy a new one at full price plus upgrade charges.
6. Q. Can I make payments on my deposit?
A. ...
(continues)
justpeachy

Sep 19, 2004, 4:54 PM
Have you actually had people ask about making payments for a deposit??? I've never heard THAT one before! 🀣
euro

Sep 19, 2004, 6:35 PM
yup. I had a customer give me 5 $20 bills for a payment. I had just taken a sip of my slushee so my hands were still kinda wet, so as I proceeded to count the cash the ink from the money started rubbing off in my hands. Felt real though...Then they tried to write a check with someonelse's name on it. So we shot them. lol. Just kidding their still tied up in the back.
tequilasundae

Sep 25, 2004, 5:29 PM
questions I hate
Anything that starts with "how much be.." or "what y'alls cheapes...."
GWFOX

Sep 26, 2004, 12:24 PM
"Can I get a discount?"

Sure you can. Let me plant my foot in your rear and give you a 1-boot discount.

"Whats your cheapest rate plan?"

Oh the cheapest? You mean the plan that you will go over your minutes and come in screaming and claiming there is no way you used 400 minutes and blame it on me?

"Why do I have to pay tax on a free phone?"

Gotta love the state ruling on taxes. You may not pay for the phone BUT there is still tax on the full retail price. Look up directive 93-9.

"Why can't you fix my phone I bought online? You are Verizon aren't you?"

What makes you think that an auth retailer will even TOUCH a phone you didn't buy from them? I don't buy a big screen TV from best buy and ask circuit city to fix it now do...
(continues)
neworleansg504

Sep 26, 2004, 2:36 PM
Hows these:

I can't believe that I have to pay $179.00 for a phone that was free.

You treat new customers better than you treat existing customers.
ButtaKnife

May 14, 2005, 10:29 AM
"Why do new customers get better deals?"

Hear that one all the time. I usually reply with "So you don't want $150 for free? If you don't want it I'll take it."
HolmesSPH

Sep 27, 2004, 9:54 AM
"What do you mean I can't buy another phone at discount price? IM an established customer ive been here a whole year"

"THIRTY DOLLORS for two car chargers.... I'm going to walmart" haha love that one!!

"Why don't I get a camera Phone for free?"

"My Phone stopped working can I get a new one"...Did you get it wet? "No".. DId you drop it?? "NO"..Do you have insurance on the phone? "No" Then im sorry I cannot just give you a new phone..."Thats ok because I smashed it on a rock anyways"....walks away mad.. She was some little 16 yr old brat who wanted to lie and show me her boobs to get a new phone.. Not here hunny!!

Lets not forget this question..."Hey this is verizon right?? Do you have Nextels #???"

and I hate customers who...
(continues)
jss6801

Sep 27, 2004, 12:01 PM
I can't believe you are going to charge me a cancel fee. It is not my fault you don't have service where I moved to.

I just say, it is not our fault you moved!
RichLok

Sep 27, 2004, 6:32 PM
How about...

"I like this phone (Cingular), can I activate it with Verizon??" NO

"Why Not?" DIFFERENT TECHNOLOGY

"HUH?"
tyrjohn

Sep 27, 2004, 7:12 PM
I had the V60. Why can't you give me the V400 is that is what I said I want
starwarsgirl

Sep 28, 2004, 2:10 PM
"Why do I have insurance if i have to pay $50?"

Um, so you don't have to buy $400 dollar phone. These types of things destroy my faith in the future of civilization. 😲
RichLok

Sep 28, 2004, 2:48 PM
🀣 True... but I'm losing faith in Cingular / XBM / Lock/line when I lose a cheap phone (t306) only to get a refurb t306 as a replacement. That damn phone is not even worth $50 used... 😑
starwarsgirl

Sep 28, 2004, 2:50 PM
yes, but if i didn't have to advise you it was reconditioned, chances are you would never know that 1 tiny chip inside was used. Not to mention not all the replacements are used, it's mixed in and we imply have to adv it MIGHT be. πŸ˜›
CainMarko

Sep 28, 2004, 5:10 PM
move to the last bastion of NEW replacements.... THE NE REGION! All Hail The NE REGION! πŸ˜›
RichLok

Sep 30, 2004, 12:53 PM
Yeah.. go Patriots.. LOL .. I'm better off on in L.A. I'm fond of warm weather..
Acedith

Oct 21, 2004, 9:09 AM
q. Why is my bill so high?
a. you went over your minutes. for the 4th month in a row. you refused a rate plan change all the previous three months, and you're refusing it now. you have mad direct bill charges, and hrm, you went to Canada? Yeah, those dates are here too, and thats why you're being charged roaming on a nation wide plan. You left the nation.
q. How can I get out of this contract without any fees?
a. To be honest, you'd need to sprout wings, turn around in a circle three times, point your cell phone antenna to the sky during a hurricane and survive a lightning strike in order to get a new phone out of me. Use XBM or lockline.
q. how many minutes does a text message use?
a. all of them. /sarcasm

I haven't been on th...
(continues)
MurdocThC

May 13, 2005, 10:26 PM
q. How can I get out of this contract without any fees?
a. To be honest, you'd need to sprout wings, turn around in a circle three times, point your cell phone antenna to the sky during a hurricane and survive a lightning strike in order to get a new phone out of me. Use XBM or lockline.

bahahahahahahahahaha 🀣
slolearner

Aug 17, 2010, 9:17 PM
M: "Seven PM"

C: (looks at watch, it is 6:5😎 "Great! I was hoping to get a smartphone which I will be porting from *****, cancel a line still in contract, return this accessory I bought at another store, AND activate a home phone."
phyxlor

Aug 16, 2010, 3:46 PM
so your based in the south east...?
CallCenterBlues

Jul 9, 2010, 3:03 PM
I hate having to tell cmrs there phones are reconditioned. You know it's gonna be hell from that point on. Wish I could tell them "If you want a new phone go to a store and buy a new freakin' phone".
ShunAsa

Oct 14, 2004, 10:52 AM
I SECOND THAT! Also "authorized user? what is that? I should be authorized I pay the bill every month! she can't complete the claim, she's only 6yrs old!"
KingAndy61

May 13, 2005, 1:25 AM
"Do you guys have the Razr???" No sir if you would just look at the big glowing sign that says Cingular on it you would see that we dont have any... in fact we offer a better phone its called a V551... it does all that things a razr does except drain your wallet! "well i just wanted to see one"
jss6801

Sep 28, 2004, 4:19 PM
Actually, you can flash the phones to use. I work for Cellular One and I can use Verizon, Cingular, AllTel. As long as it is CDMA. You have to update the PRL and sometimes hard flash the phone for BREW or WAP, but they work.
Zachary Unwired

Apr 18, 2005, 4:39 PM
Is there anyway I can purchase the software for XP PC to flash ALLTEL Phones and read phonesbooks and so one at a reasonable price?
texaswireless

Apr 18, 2005, 6:49 PM
So just how many Cingular CDMA handsets have you come across?
geminiwireless.com

Apr 19, 2005, 2:06 PM
Cingular switched from CDMA to Tdma a long time ago I have seen some qualcomm 2700's that were cingular branded so that will tell you how long it has been. Oh yeah then they went to gsm. The other thing is CDMA flashing software is very hard to come by and is very expensive.
XPDX

Oct 6, 2004, 1:47 AM
" can you tellme my password?"
irishtaz25

Oct 6, 2004, 10:09 AM
"how do I turn my phone on" πŸ˜• (when it is already on) 😳
shadedpain4

Oct 6, 2004, 11:16 AM
"My cell phone isnt working....there is no dial tone!"
donald duck

Oct 6, 2004, 12:43 PM
yea im looking for a tri ban phone 😁 u know
it works on gsm digital and satellite 😳 πŸ™„
Da_Bonehead

Jul 9, 2010, 6:41 PM
"My phone turns off while I'm using it, I can still talk and hear but my phone turns off. it comes back on when I hang up"
tequilasundae

Oct 14, 2004, 10:28 AM
"but i thought it was under warranty"...when the phone is beat to hell or water damaged..
ShunAsa

Oct 14, 2004, 10:41 AM
"I pay insurance every month, y do I have to pay a deductible"? Try pulling that crap with your car insurance company...
shadedpain4

Oct 14, 2004, 10:44 AM
or health insurance 😲
cingcing

Apr 18, 2005, 9:03 PM
I hate all those questions too, but the one I hate the most is the one I have no answer to.

"Why am I here?" 😒
Grantizzle

Apr 18, 2005, 9:05 PM
"y'all gots dem chirp phones?"
pizpiz80

Apr 19, 2005, 2:35 PM
My list...
1. Where's the bathroom?
2. Can i use your phone or phonebook?
3. Do you know where _____ is?

and my questions are...

Do i look like "mall information"?
Why am i not getting paid to be mall information?
Twinkle

May 12, 2005, 4:40 PM
Finially someone understands!!! I fell for you my friend!!!
Iselltheshitoutofphones

May 12, 2005, 7:09 PM
"Do you speka da spanish?" Yes I do as a matter of fact and am almost fluent. However I won't becuase you are in the United Staes. Let me go to Mexico or Spain and use my English.

Mr. customer I can see that you are still wet from your swim accross the border, but come on.....
Grantizzle

May 12, 2005, 7:12 PM
Iselltheshitoutofphones said:
"Do you speka da spanish?" Yes I do as a matter of fact and am almost fluent. However I won't becuase you are in the United Staes. Let me go to Mexico or Spain and use my English.

Mr. customer I can see that you are still wet from your swim accross the border, but come on.....

if there was a way to transfer money through phonescoop, i'd send you a dollar. i have the exact same feelings. i work in southern california.
Iselltheshitoutofphones

May 12, 2005, 7:21 PM
Gran,

I am in Texas, so I almost have it as bad as you do. I really didn't meen it in a bad way, just wanted to vent.

Besides their social security numbers are for tax purposes only......not to waste out time with a deposit credit check.

Ok, I am done.

Will
Grantizzle

May 12, 2005, 7:26 PM
no, i agree 100%
justfinethanku

Jul 9, 2010, 3:56 PM
I can feel you on that, I work in a little town here in PA with a 64% hispanic population. I never thought I'd have to speak Spanish before and it is ESSENTIAL for making sales here.

tienne telefono aura? si?

(I can't spell in spanish to save my life)
ochne

Jul 9, 2010, 5:37 PM
that's okay...neither can most of the spanish speakers that are not ESL speakers
justpeachy

May 12, 2005, 7:36 PM
That's great, i really needed a nice dose of racism today. πŸ™„
Iselltheshitoutofphones

May 12, 2005, 7:39 PM
Peachy,

It has been one of those days.......I am normally a loving amd compassionate person.
cellphonepmp

May 15, 2005, 2:43 PM
Iselltheshitoutofphones said:

I'm in nor-cal and I feel for ya! We get the same thing but with every language in the book. After all, San Jose is the SECOND most diverse city in the US only behind New York city. I would LOVE to go to other countries and try to get by knowing ONLY english, IT WON'T HAPPEN! But it's ok here! In Cali. you can even get the driving test in EVERY language! The street signs are still in english (for no...
(continues)
ButtaKnife

May 14, 2005, 10:43 AM
omg yes... this sign above my head... does it look like it says "Mall Customer Service"??

If I've had a long day I usually start pointing people in the wrong direction or telling them to go look at the #$&% map that they walked past to ask me.
ralph_on_me

May 14, 2005, 1:51 PM
"I can't get this phone to work."

It's either
a) not charged
b) you don't know where the power button is
c) actually not your fault and the phone isn't working.

It's usually not C.
phipsi95

Apr 20, 2005, 1:29 PM
Me: "Thank you for calling (enter carrier name here). How can I help you?"

Customer"Is this (enter different carrier name here)?"

Me: "No, this is (carrier name)."

Customer: "Oh, can you connect me to (other carrier)."

Me: "Okay no problem"

Makes you want to laugh and cry all at the same time.
ralph_on_me

Apr 20, 2005, 2:00 PM
Wait, you can actually connect them to a different carrier?
mjfoto66

Apr 20, 2005, 4:36 PM
Proud of my 74

Don't have a live bar and pay for my phone so screw those 4 Demonstration points.

Explained 3 features that create a media bundle thanks for the 2 points keep the 4 because its told to discount them together.

Never a dull moment....

OH please make the shoppers shower because she stunk
cellphonepmp

May 15, 2005, 2:53 PM
I got marked off for not trying to close the deal when the mystery shopper came in and said that she has 3 lines with verizon and are ALL still under contract for 4 more months! Am I supossed to tell the customer to get hit up for 3 ETF's with verizon just to sign up with us today? Or maybe don't even mention the ETF's and let them get nailed by verizon only to port back.

I also got marked off for not demo'ing. We also don't have a live bar and they don't pay my phone bill so as the soup nizi would say "NO DEMO FOR YOU!"
phipsi95

Apr 21, 2005, 7:39 AM
Oops - I forgot to put "click" as I hang up the phone. Wonder how many stay on the line wondering what happened. πŸ˜›
nuthinbutwireless

Apr 21, 2005, 1:54 PM
Retailers don't have the answer and neither does the carrir. So again who will help these people with the legitimate misunderstandings associated with wireless?
LilShorty

May 5, 2005, 4:35 PM
What kind of questions would neither retailers nor the carrier be able to answer?
phyxlor

Aug 16, 2010, 3:54 PM
what kind of birds nest is that built up on that there celler fone tower near jonnys property?
PhoneTwit

Apr 23, 2005, 7:49 PM
So if there's a $750 deposit, how is it free?
danthemanreno

Apr 23, 2005, 8:12 PM
If you give us a $750 security deposit, you won't have to pay the $100 for the phone, like you would if you set up pre-paid.... When I was in sales, had a couple not-quite-bright people pay the deposit so they wouldn't have to pay for the phone..... Didn't make sense to me either....
Showkat

Apr 25, 2005, 3:56 PM
or how about when the customer calls into customer service asking for the deposit to be waived???? This is not possible as the deposit is pulled from the credit report and unable to be altered except by clearing up your credit rating.
freephones4all

Apr 24, 2005, 2:56 AM
πŸ™„ "Can you take a look at my phone? I got it wet." The customer then hands me the phone. Next line:"I used the bathroom, and dropped my phone in the toilet." WHAT THE HELL?!?!? Do not put something in a bowl of pee and hand it to me! I no longer touch phones till after a customer tells me what wrong.
gsmcentral

Apr 25, 2005, 5:45 PM
How about this situation:
Customer:"I brought this ad and it says this phone is free! (SE P910i)"

Me: "Mam, thats not this stores ad."
HELLO???
That ad belongs to an independent store, that want you to sign up for a family line (of 3) to get 1 phone free. Have her calculate the add-a-lines a month + taxes and fees then explain how that phone comes up to being free.
πŸ‘Ώ
cellphonepmp

May 15, 2005, 3:01 PM
freephones4all said:
πŸ™„ "Can you take a look at my phone? I got it wet." The customer then hands me the phone. Next line:"I used the bathroom, and dropped my phone in the toilet." WHAT THE HELL?!?!? Do not put something in a bowl of pee and hand it to me! I no longer touch phones till after a customer tells me what wrong.

My favorite was back when we could do lockline claims in the store a customer came in with a ziplock bag with a phone in it and said that lockline said that she HAD to bring the phone into the store to do a claim. She opened the bag and the smell of POOP filled my store. She had told lockline what happened but they told her to bring in the phone anyway. REAL FUNNY LOCKLINE. I sent the...
(continues)
swamp_donkey

Apr 25, 2005, 6:44 PM
What are these "usage charges?"
They are for "usage."

What are these text messaging charges?
They are for text messaging.

Why is there a late fee?
Because you were late.

Any more self-explanatory questions?
Vatothe0

May 24, 2005, 3:47 PM
Someone asked me why we charged her a $5 late fee on a $7 past due balance. I got to spend 5 minutes going over why a bill has to be paid IN FULL and ON TIME to not get the late fee. She hung up on me. Good riddance
silvabullit

Apr 26, 2005, 5:03 PM
i hate it when someone asks where a competitor is located...

i sometimes ask them blunty i dont know do you go to burger king and ask where mc donalds is?
stephen5688

Apr 27, 2005, 11:04 PM
Can I pay a bill here? sure
What is the phone number? I DONT KNOW πŸ™„
Ummm ok. what is the account number? DONT KNOW that either πŸ™„
Whats your name? OH OH I know this one, I am Kim Smith but this is not my phone πŸ™„
Ok whos phone is it? my boyfriends cusins wife πŸ™„
what is her name? I dont know πŸ™„
this is Nextel isnt it?
NO its Verizon
Ok never minde
😈 😈 😈
jamesm

Apr 28, 2005, 12:35 AM
Why do you require a debit/credit card?
A: to verify your information that we gather.

Can you still tell me if i am approved?
A: Do you have a debit or credit card?

BTW i am a tmobile telesales.
everman

Apr 28, 2005, 10:57 AM
I called Tmobile telesales to get a phone . When they asked me if I had a major credit or debit card I seriously could not understand why.

I work in Cingular telesales. In order to verify information? Are you serious?

So a question that I hate is "do you have a credit or debit card, just to verify your information?"
The answer.
If I did , I wouldn't give it out over the phone for "verification", so no sale for you.
jamesm

Apr 28, 2005, 3:19 PM
i personally like this, cuts down on fraudeluant callers. 2. What person in their right mind, knowing all calls are recorded and documented would use this information in any way other then for that one call. Me I would not risk the time in prison to take somebodys information and do anything else. I Personally avoid jail cells
Vatothe0

May 24, 2005, 3:50 PM
Where do you work that has storage for all the reps to have all calls recorded and stored until some unknown date when it might be needed? In my call center that'd be 1500 reps x 8 hours of calls per day = 12,000 hours of calls to record every day. Sure, ALL calls are recorded, I'll bet.
jkrivjansky

May 24, 2005, 5:28 PM
With audio compression. 1 hour can be dropped to near nothing on a hard drive. It's not like they are worried about loseless compression and are sampling everythign at 192 so it sounds CD quality. So to answer the questions...

Lots of places.
phyxlor

Aug 16, 2010, 4:01 PM
ours are, ive seen them. its amaizing to watch them scroll through the list of just one persons calls. it is a lot of space for the CHANCE that one is fraudulent. but we also do a lot of call reviews to improve call handling too.

'before we continue i have to let you know that this call may be recorded or monitored'
Doozer

Apr 29, 2005, 10:37 AM
Q: yo dawgg, this phones you sold me aint workin, and now the man done cut off my line. I made a payment yesterday. do your F@#$ing job and get my phone on. I got a buidness to run.

A: well dawgg you only made a partial payment on a past due balance.this aint layawy If i gave you $2.50 for a $5.00 rock and not pay you for another 90 days? Stop spending all your money on cases of 40s and cartons of black and milds for your baby mammas gettin out of jail party. its the 3 one this month.

well i didnt say that but yall know i wanted to.i dont want to be a slave to the kevlar undershirt
mystic1

Apr 29, 2005, 12:15 PM
lmao!! 🀣
everman

May 10, 2005, 1:28 PM
ahh, I love the smell of racism in the mornin.
silvabullit

May 12, 2005, 2:41 PM
what? where?
jamorr

Apr 29, 2005, 12:09 PM
If you work in cingular telesales you know that we to ask for a credit card, and even if the price is zero a cc can be used for id verification through the AVS . Besides in some states like CA even if the phone is free we still have to charge sales tax.
jamesm

Apr 29, 2005, 7:48 PM
Word. Its just not cellular service. Many online/phone orders for even free stuff will require it. Personally i like it knowing that without a debit or credit card nobody can run credit up under my name.
everman

May 10, 2005, 5:58 PM
I dont know why YOU need a credit card. The only time I need a credit card is to sell accessories or non free phones, and even then, only sometimes.
As for credit or debit card question, well, if I get a credit card number, I usually have to write it down before I type it in just to make sure I have it in case my teleposss mess up.
Now, I know what I do with my copy of YOUR credit card info. We have the confidential document disposal boxes.
I dont know what YOU do with MY info.
So tell me o wise one, how is that safer?

But the truth is I dont care about needing a credit card. I wouldnt give the number out anyway.
You dont need a credit card at a store as long as you gots the cash.
So no sale for you.
A sale for somebody e...
(continues)
heather42

May 2, 2005, 5:25 PM
The question I hat most is " Are you (insert company)?

Well, Do you have there number?

Why is your companies name so close the Theirs?
hishkebibble

May 2, 2005, 5:54 PM
"well why dont' you have servie in (insert state or podunk town)??? its only (insert # of miles) away???

well junior its because i built the tower network b4 opeing this here kiosk and i intentionally excluded your little burg!! 😈
PsYkE

May 5, 2005, 12:37 PM
Q: Why do you require a 30 day notice to cancel?
A: Because you initialed next to, signed, & agreed to this condition on your contract.

Q: My contract has been out for a year. Why do I have to give a 30 day notice?
A: We don't turn your phones off when the contract expires, thus, you go on a month to month basis & are still required to adhere to the contract.

Q: Why should I pay a bill if I haven't had any service for 3 months?
A: Because your service was suspended due to non-payment & you never requested to cancel & give your 30 day notice. It will be going to an outside collection agency soon if a payment is not made. You are still charged for monthly access until the account is cancelled.

Q: I may want to cancel in a few mo...
(continues)
LilShorty

May 5, 2005, 5:50 PM
"Why do I have to pay to fix the phone? I didn't break it."

-Because your phone is older than a year and it's a 1 yr manufacturer warranty on it.
AJatRadioShack

May 9, 2005, 3:42 AM
Do I need good SSN?
?Numero seguro social bueno?
PsYkE

May 9, 2005, 3:10 PM
🀣 BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHA 🀣

That's priceless!!!
jamesm

May 13, 2005, 9:55 PM
Im always happy to tell them they dont have to use a ssn Just Give me a 800 dollar deposit. πŸ™‚
Johnny_America

May 13, 2005, 12:33 PM
I work over the phone and I really hate..

"Can you look up a store location?"

Um, no, try your local yellow pages.

and of course..

"Can you check my credit over the phone? I want to go to the store, but don't want to go if I have a deposit."

Yeah..um..click.
hishkebibble

May 13, 2005, 8:25 PM
"i ain't gon be paying fo no service i cain't use!!"
usually realted to a technical problem. 😳
phipsi95

May 16, 2005, 9:52 AM
I used to get that all the time so I would ask them if I should pay my car bill this month because it was in the shop for repairs and I wasn't using it.
pricelss

May 14, 2005, 10:06 AM
How do you you use this payment station? Even though you showed them last month and the month before that and so on. The real problem is that they can't read or they don't want to wear their glasses. It tells you what to do step by step with directions. Even doctors and lawyers have problems with this. And that to me is SCARY!!
s710aSE

May 18, 2005, 2:37 PM
my favorite by far...

"WHERE DOES IT SAY YOU ARE AN AGENT!"

on the door in size 200 font.

"SO YOU GUYS ARENT EVEN CINGULAR AT ALL, YOU'RE JUST AN IMITATION!?"

does ronald own all the mcdonalds...
LilShorty

May 24, 2005, 6:05 PM
s710aSE said:
my favorite by far...

I asked a cust once if she went to a T-Mobile Corp store or an authorized dealer, and she asked in an irritated tone how she was supposed to know. "Because it says T-Mobile Authorized Dealer on the sign."
cingcing

May 24, 2005, 6:13 PM
s710aSE said:
my favorite by far...

LilShorty said
I asked a cust once if she went to a T-Mobile Corp store or an authorized dealer, and she asked in an irritated tone how she was supposed to know. "Because it says T-Mobile Authorized Dealer on the sign."

The one that I hate is "Is this a corporate store?"
That just means thatin all likelyhood that they had a bad experience with one of the authorized dealers nearby. And got sent here for me to fix the problem. Either by care or the agent themselves.
Mr Ameen

May 24, 2005, 6:16 PM
can you just run my credit 😲
Erin601

May 24, 2005, 11:28 PM
ok so i might be a little rusty at this (i've been out of hell . . . i mean working for att/cingular for 2 months now, but out of all questions the dumbest i've heard were
(usually an older person) "my phone doesn't ring why not?" can you make calls? "no" what happens when you try "the phone doesn't do anything" ok can you power your phone on so i can make a test call "it won't power on" ok whens the last time you charged it "how do you do that??" do you think that its going to work on solar power?? where you born in this century??

and of course when someone calls in because they went over there mins on a 29.99 plan, "but i'm on the unlimited 29.99 plan" then your not with our company, actually i dont' think that you are with ...
(continues)
themike314

May 25, 2005, 1:02 PM
Erin601 said:
ok so i might be a little rusty at this (i've been out of hell . . . i mean working for att/cingular for 2 months now, but out of all questions the dumbest i've heard were
(usually an older person) "my phone doesn't ring why not?" can you make calls? "no" what happens when you try "the phone doesn't do anything" ok can you power your phone on so i can make a test call "it won't power on" ok whens the last time you charged it "how do you do that??" do you think that its going to work on solar power?? where you born in this century??

The oldest person born this century probably hasn't made it into kindergarten yet.
Dyingunman

May 28, 2005, 10:03 AM
..and i thought humans were adaptive. πŸ˜•
cosmicchaos18

May 25, 2005, 12:12 PM
customer: Can I upgrade my phone?

me☹️in my head) No, you can take your old phone and beat yourself over the head with it.
(to the customer) of course.

customer:I don't want to verify anything on my account, I just want speak with a supervisor, NOW.

Me: Well, mam/sir, i need to verify this information and inform my supervisor of what is going on before they can take the call.

customer: why?

me: (in my head) because you idiot they can't fix the problem without knowing what it is, and they have better things to do than to sit here and verify your information and have you go into a long explanation about something that I could've told them in professional terms. which take alot less longer.
(to the customer)- Because it is comp...
(continues)
Vatothe0

May 28, 2005, 2:39 AM
"Can you see how many minutes I've used?"
"No, but you can on your time. Quit wasting mine.. "

"When is my bill due?"
"When you get it tard. Pay it on-time for once. Magically your monthly bill will go down $5. Waiting won't make it smaller or go away."
kittie

Jul 7, 2010, 6:41 AM
"Is this Tech Support?"..right after I said, "Thank you for calling Telesales, how may I assist you today?" πŸ™„
ecycled

Jul 7, 2010, 11:30 AM
.... but most are still true

I hate when they call wanting a phone number to anything else. This is not 411, but I'd be happy to take your money and give you that info.
OrionsVantage

Jul 9, 2010, 6:35 PM
I can not believe that nobody mentioned this question.

"When are you getting the iPhone?"
"I heard you're getting the iPhone soon, do you have one i can look at?"
"If i get this phone now, is Verizon going to let me upgrade again in January when you get the iPhone?"

Ugh...
ecycled

Jul 10, 2010, 3:56 PM
OrionsVantage said:
I can not believe that nobody mentioned this question.

"When are you getting the iPhone?"
"I heard you're getting the iPhone soon, do you have one i can look at?"
"If i get this phone now, is Verizon going to let me upgrade again in January when you get the iPhone?"

Ugh...

I'd answer:
1 - 2011 if all the paperwork goes thru
2 - demo's wil be shipped 2011 if all the paperwork goes thru
3 - Yes 🀣
OrionsVantage

Jul 12, 2010, 2:10 PM
There is no way i'd ever tell a customer that we're getting the iPhone. I refuse to propigate the verizon iPhone rumor.
Da_Bonehead

Jul 9, 2010, 6:39 PM
1. "Can I Axe you uh question?"
2. "Why I can't get my TEXTES?"
ruler_goddess

Jul 9, 2010, 7:10 PM
Why did this happen to my phone?
cheizzy

Jul 10, 2010, 12:17 AM
I work in call center. Every now and then we get a question from an upset customer that is threatening to cancel. "What are you going to do to keep my business?" I would love to visit them at the McDonalds they work at and ask them the same question an see how they feel 😈
Poking Pixie

Jul 13, 2010, 1:19 PM
I got a guy once who was like "What kind of deals are you offering to keep me as a customer?" I said, "Well, what kind of phone do you want?" And he kept insisting that I tell him what kind of deals, what kind of specials, what would we give him to keep him with AT&T, wouldn't tell me what phone he wanted. Dude sounded like a total scumbag, and I almost told him, "AT&T's not offering you a damn thing to keep you as a customer," cause he was an LTV of like 1. 🀣
SUMC_MEAD

Jul 10, 2010, 12:12 PM
One answer OR the other. I hate asking an either/or question and recieveing a yes/no answer
wade496

Jul 11, 2010, 6:13 PM
Yes I do. But this is America why not practice. That's how I learned is practice why not do the same. I wont make fun.
deepc

Jul 11, 2010, 6:34 PM
I concur,

If I decide to move to Mexico, I promise that I'll learn Spanish and muddle through it until I'm fluent. I wouldn't expect the whole f'ing country to change all of their system to accomodate my English.

Learn the language or move the hell back.
This_Troper

Jul 11, 2010, 6:37 PM
On the other hand, you would be appreciative of any business that provides the option of English. And if there was a large enough English speaking base, the company that provides that little extra benefit will probably go a lot farther than the competition.
andyandjustinarebetter

Jul 11, 2010, 7:10 PM
i used to work at verizon in a mall that was next to a mexican community. i used to get speaka spanish? at least 10 times a day. i am full chinese and in no way look hispanic of any sort. what the hell makes you think i would say yes to that question? 🀨
kittie

Jul 13, 2010, 3:16 PM
This was asked to me by a 20-year-old chick trying to set up service after I ran a credit check...

"Why is there a deposit?"

πŸ™„ I want to answer, "I don't know, ask yourself!"

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.