Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 24 replies

To all of you out there that want to bash store reps...

oregoncellfoner

Jul 1, 2010, 8:39 PM
Please remember that most of us are hard working honest people. What really sucks is that the 95% of us that should be giving us a good name are overshadowed by the 5% that lie and cheat for the almighty dollar. Both customer care and sales have important roles in assisting customers so realize we're on the same team and let's all work towards the same goal. Have a nice day.
This_Troper

Jul 1, 2010, 8:50 PM
Call your Sales Support.
Butthead007

Jul 1, 2010, 9:52 PM
Most complaints about store reps that I have heard largely stem from them showing no interest in dealing with a customer unless there is a new activation or upgrade or other sales related item involved.

I disagree with your numbers. Its more like 50%. But hey, leave the store and go work in care to see how the customers really feel.

Bit hey, have a nice day!
80dollarcarcharger

Jul 2, 2010, 8:52 AM
I'm a store rep and I do agree that 50% is more accurate. Although I believe it's 40 / 60 mainly because the rude sales reps are the ones who are trying to be promoted. They are taught that numbers are everything and because of the competitive nature of the business, they will do anything to satisfy the superiors.

I work part time because I'm in school and I could care less about being promoted. I like a nice commission check but referal business is important at a small store so I refrain from being rude. But the combination of big store + aiming for promotion = rude sales reps.
ATTDRONEV2.5

Jul 2, 2010, 6:37 AM
it's the customer throwing us under the bus

.a classic mom vs dad clash

you go to dad and ask a question and then say but mom said

then you go to mom and ask for something a nd say but dad said!

same with us and the customer

customer calls care and says the store said

then goes to to the store and says care said

and rather than compare note's we have care and the store pointing at each other screaming YOU INCOMPENTENT BASTARDS!

then you have the customer grinning ear to ear saying i'm gonna get so much stuff when they try to one up each other in the divorce
sugarb85

Jul 5, 2010, 6:00 PM
SmH...Sad But True...Some Cst Will Do Anything To Get What They Want Or Feels Is "Owed" To Them.
This_Troper

Jul 5, 2010, 6:05 PM
AMSA! Acronym Man Strikes Again!

KISS
Sigma1570

Jul 5, 2010, 8:07 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
sugarb85

Jul 5, 2010, 6:18 PM
๐Ÿคฃ I'm a woman by the way buster...AYIDSA!!! Muhhhaaahaaaha!
This_Troper

Jul 5, 2010, 6:26 PM
I was pretty sure that you were... however, the secret powers bestowed upon by th3e radioactive acronym that bit me are bestowed only to folks with an XY combination of chromosomes.

The acronym was HPV.
sugarb85

Jul 5, 2010, 6:36 PM
๐Ÿคจ DGS Buddy!
ochne

Jul 2, 2010, 12:45 PM
Now I know there are many that honestly try to do the right thing and assist the customer.

I also know that there are many that won't help the customer unless there is a sale involved to increase their paycheck.

That is true with care as well.

The current issue I have (and right now it only involves 1 site because I had to deal with them directly) is because of a software issue for a specific phone. Within the last few days it has been made known that doing a specific software upgrade on a specific device has cause some phones to become inoperable. The carier has stated that any customer with that specific problem is to take it in to Service and Repair center for an exchange. This specific store refused to do so and told the custome...
(continues)
PhoneyName

Jul 3, 2010, 2:52 PM
I think a lot of it comes down to the fact that customers don't tell phone reps about the store reps who do a good job.
Nobody calls customer care and says "I just wanted to let you know that I was in the store today and the rep was so nice and helpful, and they sold me the phone i need at a great price!" Those customers just go home happy with their service and go on with their lives. It's only when there's a problem that they call in and complain, so phone reps hear about the problems, but not the successes.
It works the same way in reverse. A customer who called telesales first will only come into my store afterward if they had a complaint, because if the phone rep did a good job in the first place, there's no reason for the customer...
(continues)
andyandjustinarebetter

Jul 3, 2010, 3:08 PM
if i don't hit qouta i make 7.25/hour... im a college grad. im not gonna make 7.25/hour. bash me if you want but i will not teach the 60 year old customer that got their phones at sam's club or wal mart how to use the damn thing.
ochne

Jul 3, 2010, 4:07 PM
Hey, cool. Another sleazy rep.
andyandjustinarebetter

Jul 3, 2010, 4:21 PM
So not wanting to help the customer that doesn't wanna gimme any commission but wants my customer service makes me sleazy? nope. all my customers love me cuz if you buy the phone from me... and you come back with questions even a year later i will provide you with awesome customer service. but u walk in saying i just bought this phone over there... but i want you to spend your time to help me here... i will say go back to where you bought it.
ochne

Jul 3, 2010, 5:00 PM
J/C, which carrier do you work for?

I know at least one carrier is telling the Care Reps to refer the customer to the corp stores for assistance with the phone they bought REGARDLESS of where POS is.
sugarb85

Jul 5, 2010, 6:03 PM
That's Wrong And You Know It...Do You Work For Corporate Because You Sound A Lot Like An Indirect Dealer.
Sigma1570

Jul 5, 2010, 7:55 PM
You know whats wrong? Capitalizing the first letter of every word no matter what ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
dntbhatin

Jul 5, 2010, 8:08 PM
I Agree With This......
Sigma1570

Jul 5, 2010, 8:03 PM
You expect way too much from the consumer. Its easy for us to poke fun at them for not knowing how we get paid or how unfair it is to ask for help at a different distribution point. They just don't know any better.

Why do you think they are in your store to ask for help? Maybe they DIDN'T get the experience they were expecting from best buy, wal-mart etc... and if you excede their expectations when they are in your store they might do future business with you instead. Don't be afraid to give them an honest answer when they ask why your phones are more expensive.

Lastly you need to stop expecting anything from your college degree. These days it holds the cultural equivelent of a high school diploma 30 years ago. Just because you have ...
(continues)
ecycled

Jul 6, 2010, 1:49 PM
and if you excede their expectations when they are in your store they might do future business with you instead.

-------------
I would propose that they expect to get it cheap elsewhere and come in for help when they need it. You are only meeting expectations by fixing their problem. They just had it re-affirmed that they should buy elsewhere and come to you for help. The carriers have a flawed logic, to try and get us to drink their kool-aid.

Price is king, service is somewhere down the line.
andyandjustinarebetter

Jul 10, 2010, 1:38 PM
Yeah... they MIGHT come do business with me in the future but that rarely happens. i used to provide the best customer service to any customer that walked in through the door because i thought what you thought. But that rarely happens and im jaded. so im not gonna sit here and HOPE that you come and buy from me next time. rather just send you back to the person who made money off of you and help the next person who is probably a buyer and provide them with the service that they deserve and paid for. if you got your bb for free at wal-mart or whereever then u didn't pay for my services.

First of all... i wasn't even alive 30 years ago so what happened 30 years ago has no bearing on this conversation. im not saying that just because i have ...
(continues)
80dollarcarcharger

Jul 10, 2010, 2:13 PM
I wish I could find a manager to say this ๐Ÿ˜‰
CustomersAreRubbish

Jul 6, 2010, 2:26 PM
Finally, a store rep comes on, says that a few are problem children, DOESN'T BLAME ANYONE ELSE and says let's work together.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar ๐Ÿ™‚

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.