Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

why do you need my account pin for?

famoussasjohn

Jul 1, 2010, 2:45 PM
ME: I was able to locate your account and will need to authenticate your account to prevent fraud. May I have your account PIN please?
CX:: why do you need my account pin for
ME: In order to prevent fraud, I will need to authenticate your account.

seriously? why is it so painful to ask for a pin. you came to me asking for your order number, then freak out when I ask for you pin. If I ask you once, dont make me ask why, just give it to me dumbass.
famoussasjohn

Jul 1, 2010, 2:45 PM
first chat from getting back from lunch too. 👿
deepc

Jul 1, 2010, 4:17 PM
I feel your pain. I just had to deal with a customer who was playing the "guessing game" for their pin number for about 10 minutes(maybe it's my birth year....maybe its the last 4 of my social..maybe it's my boyfriends birth year..maybe I don't know anything and I'm wasting your time).
kittie

Jul 1, 2010, 4:28 PM
And worse is when they ASK US where they can find their pin!

--In your forehead, maybe?! 🤨 How would I know!
ochne

Jul 1, 2010, 5:29 PM
My favorite one about the PIN is "Would that a number?"
kittie

Jul 2, 2010, 7:02 AM
🤣 ahh yeah! I get that a lot! 🤣

PIN - a PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PIN; pronounced "pin") is a secret numeric password shared between a user and a system that can be used to authenticate...

Webster and Wiki have the same definition for this word so why would they think that it could be a letter?! 😲
SUMC_MEAD

Jul 2, 2010, 1:41 PM
that's just like i had a guy who threw a fit when i asked for his mobile number then he got mad when i asked for the last 4 of his social. i finally got it then he got mad when i asked him to verifty his address. anyone listing can hear him quote "what more are you going to want? blood?" sheeze chill dude
Vosberg1

Jul 2, 2010, 2:25 PM
No, even better, is when if you ask them to verify the account, and they just tell you **** you and hang up.....
retrocool

Jul 2, 2010, 2:30 PM
🤣

I like your internal responses.

But I get this sort of thing regularly. What's funny is when account holders can't recall their own passwords that they created.
Da_Bonehead

Jul 2, 2010, 5:47 PM
and they ask for a hint
ochne

Jul 2, 2010, 8:24 PM
Somewhat related but not on topic:

Me: Could I get the wireless number you're calling about today?

Cust: You want MY phone number?

Me: 😳 *Seriously?* Yes sir.
ecycled

Jul 3, 2010, 11:08 AM
You have to be spedific, for the ruh-tards, and repeat.

Can I have 'the number' you are calling in about today?

I hate it when they give you another number and it goes sideways on you. I'm instore but ppl effs up all the time.
famoussasjohn

Jul 4, 2010, 8:20 AM
latest pin screw up
ME: I was able to locate your order and will need to authenticate your account to prevent fraud. May I have your account PIN please?
CX: where is my pin?
ME: Your pin is between 6 & 10 digits and should have been selected when placing your order.
CX: okay is it pacman
ME: Unfortunately, the pin does not match the record we have on file, the pin will be 6 to 10 numbers, there will be no letters in the pin to your account.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.