Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 38 replies

NEW IPHONE DATA PLANS SUCK!

xxbriibriixx

Jun 2, 2010, 11:52 AM
okay so this is retarted. iphones and smartphones no longer have a unlimited data plan with att any more, starting june 7th. you have a choice between 200mb for 15.00 and 10gb for 25.00. this is what customers asked for. they didnt want to pay for data plans when they didnt use it "at all" so here are your options. and hey. if u use it alot. ur screwed! becuase u can now have overage charges. which is so wrong. . . we had to tell cst that smartphones are data based phones. they update by them selves to work properly for you. they constantly access data by itself. we said this to make the cst feel just a tiny bit better about a unl data plan. and now they are limited when they think there phone accesses data by itself? so wrong. im just wait...
(continues)
KriisCDW

Jun 2, 2010, 11:59 AM
I could see my GF going for the 15 plan...

It really depends on how honest ATTs numbers are.

It also really does give ATT a price point advantage that no one else really has.

A smartphone for 15/month data? If I limited myself to wifi alot more than i do now, I could probably get away with it and save 15/month.

30/month with two iPhones.

I see both good and bad in this decision... we'll see.
xxbriibriixx

Jun 2, 2010, 12:06 PM
THAT IS TRUE

IN MY TOWN WE HAVE WIFI FOR EVEYONE. ITS PRETTY COOL. BUT I DONT THINK I CAN HANDLE NOT HAVING UNLIMITYED AND ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE THIS WAY. AND ALOT ARENT. I JUST KNOW THAT I DO GET ALOT OF CALLS WITH BILLS THAT HAVE EXTREMELY HIGH USAGE IN DATA. ESPECIALLY ON IPHONES.

SORRY FOR THE CAPS. IM NOT YELLING I SWEAR! HAHA I JUST LIKE HOW IT LOOKS 😛
sinister

Jun 2, 2010, 12:15 PM
brii how often do you hear these whinebags say that they hardly ever use the data & want to remove it.

so the smartphone manufacturers listened 🤣
Downtime24

Jun 2, 2010, 12:22 PM
if they made a family iphone/smartphone data plan instead of making another way to cause overages...
kentbrockman

Jun 2, 2010, 12:57 PM
I would want family data. Also when you are doing $15/month data will the cost of the phone go up too? When are the consumers going to realize that no matter what they are going to pay the retail cost for the phone wheter it is up front or via ETF's
sinister

Jun 2, 2010, 2:03 PM
Yeah, the family data sounds like a better idea. A smartphone family data, then just charge them $30.00 for all the smartphones provisioned on the acct & a separate family data for the regular phones. If they can do it for the regular phones & are really serious about being competitive, then it would make more sense to make the combo package & blow the other carriers out of the water with the smartphone family data.
KriisCDW

Jun 2, 2010, 6:45 PM
Another carrier that blows the others out of the water with their family pricing plan...

Hrm...
KriisCDW

Jun 2, 2010, 1:14 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0353049/quotes?qt0312225 »
Chappelle Show: "No, I can't stop yelling, 'cause that's how I talk!..."

I can see a LOT of people switching... all the constant bitching and moaning about $30 Data.

Hell... this might get people to switch from Verizon.

Env3 for $10/month or iPhone for $15... hrm...

Gee... the Env gets 10mb more per month tho *rolls eyes* Lets stay with Verizon.
NEPats726420

Jun 4, 2010, 1:29 PM
BY A SHARK"
rlpinca

Jun 2, 2010, 2:37 PM
Shift button is your buddy.

Your numbers are wrong.

Their is a difference in there and their.

If you're gonna call something retarded, then
atleast spell the word right.

You is not a hard word to type. Using "u" in it's place is kinda retarted(pun intended 🙂). The same applies to the word your (ur).

Now that that's out of my system, this is actually a good decision. It shows that the bosses at AT&T own stock in Sprint.
This_Troper

Jun 2, 2010, 2:52 PM
rlpinca said:
Sprint.

And remember to be very scrupulous with your own grammAr when correcting another person's post.
rlpinca

Jun 2, 2010, 2:59 PM
Are you trying to say that Sprint is wrong?
This_Troper

Jun 2, 2010, 3:10 PM
Er, poor editing. but "atleast" is two seperate words.
rlpinca

Jun 2, 2010, 3:12 PM
And remember to be very scrupulous with your quote fockery criticizing another person's post. 😁

At least is a very common mistake that I've been called on quite a few times in college.
sinister

Jun 2, 2010, 3:16 PM
ugh...another pointless post 😳
rlpinca

Jun 2, 2010, 3:20 PM
Most are pointless, but the most pointless are the ones that call other posts pointless.
NEPats726420

Jun 4, 2010, 1:32 PM
pointless
This_Troper

Jun 2, 2010, 3:24 PM
The endless cycle of mistyping on the Internet- somewhat comforting in its own way.
rlpinca

Jun 2, 2010, 3:33 PM
Cirlce of life and stuff.
alee

Jun 4, 2010, 12:15 PM
Its circle, not cirlce. 😁
xxbriibriixx

Jun 2, 2010, 4:07 PM
Wow. Okay. well I dont get on this site to be corrected. Im not worried about perfect grammar. So stop wasting my time and go annoy someone else.

thank you
rlpinca

Jun 2, 2010, 4:09 PM
ur welcum
This_Troper

Jun 2, 2010, 4:19 PM
Welcome to public forums. If you don't like people correcting your grammar or spelling, take it to the private forums.

Or just do what most people do, say that you just graduated with honors from Yale. Or that you're just part of the dramatic new trend of evolving the English language.
sinister

Jun 2, 2010, 4:34 PM
no, no i don't think so...stick to the related topic at hand & take your cranium & shove it. let people gripe if they wanna, use improper punctation & grammar if they wanna & if YOU don't like it? keep ya trap shut 😁
rlpinca

Jun 2, 2010, 4:36 PM
You're bitching about how much it annoys you when someone bitches?

Rad
sinister

Jun 2, 2010, 4:40 PM
yes, i'm glad you are smart enough to figger that one out dork 😁
This_Troper

Jun 2, 2010, 4:39 PM
I can gripe about what I want, just like everyone else. And technically, I'm not talking. I'm typing, so my trap is shut.
sinister

Jun 2, 2010, 4:40 PM
well sit on ya fingers and spin while you're at it too 😁
sinister

Jun 2, 2010, 4:41 PM
byyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeee 😁
NEPats726420

Jun 4, 2010, 1:34 PM
smell them!!
NEPats726420

Jun 4, 2010, 1:33 PM
THANK YOU
NEPats726420

Jun 4, 2010, 1:32 PM
rlpinca said:

You is not a hard word to type. Using "u" in it's place is kinda retarted(pun intended 🙂). The same applies to the word your (ur).

Now that that's out of my system, this is actually a good decision. It shows that the bosses at AT&T own stock in Sprint.

I wasn't aware that "gonna" was a word.
sinister

Jun 2, 2010, 4:39 PM
p.s. i understand what ur gettin at brii 😁 i know it causes SOME OTHER DORKS an aneurysm to look at somethin that isn't spelled 100% correct...they are referred to as trolls & actually have nothin of any consequence to contribute to any conversation. 😳

woot time to go home...bite it troper 🤣
This_Troper

Jun 2, 2010, 5:12 PM
Now, I was on topic for what I was responding to. The poster above me was commenting two-fold: 1) To comment on how the post was written; 2) to comment directly on the OP.

I correct the corrector, they correct me, it becomes a tangent. Such is life in the heady world of the NOW.
Sigma1570

Jun 2, 2010, 4:43 PM
Actually the stats are 65% of people use less than 200mb and 98% use less than 2gb.

My guess is on average these statistics hold true accrossed the whole smartphone portfolio. I'm sure iPhone users make up the majority of the 200mb-2gb customer base(atleast based on the 100's of bills I've looked at for customers)

I think having more choice is great for consumers. And for the 2% that will be paying more than the they are used to then vote with your feet but I guarantee you that tiered pricing will be an industry wide trend going forward.
edzero

Jun 3, 2010, 2:41 PM
If you already have the unlimited plan you have nothing to worry about. They're not making anybody give up unlimited. Theyre just not offering it to new customers.
For blackberry users this is perfectly fine. Im a pretty above average user and still dont use as much as the new plans would give me. The people that will truly be affected are new iphone users. IPhones are data hogs and it really isnt fair that they use twice the data as blackberry users and pay the same amount.
Fredd

Jun 3, 2010, 4:26 PM
Yes, the good news is that existing smartphone customers with an unlmimted plan may remain on an unlimited plan, even if upgrading and switching between devices (i.e., going from BB to iPhone).
furl23rd

Jun 3, 2010, 5:54 PM
come on over to sprint and get the evo and you wont have that problem 😎

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.