Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 31 replies

Is it just my call center or...

thecgk

Mar 28, 2010, 10:36 PM
So my company decided to start paying us per call, no big deal, but also decided to pay us based on the surveys that Sprint randomly gives to customers that call in. If you can manage to get all of your surveys (about 12 or so) as good, then no problem, you can actually make a lot of money. But once you get one no good, you get docked down a bit. The more surveys that are no good the lower the pay is, granted, you cant make less than min wage. While I understand the importance of great customer service, and resolving every call, not all calls are resolvable in that customers eye. It upsets me a little in fact that no matter how hard I try this unsuspecting customer who isnt upset with me but upset with the company is going to dock my pa...
(continues)
Avaya

Mar 28, 2010, 11:13 PM
๐Ÿคจ
longsleeves

Mar 29, 2010, 10:01 AM
at&t gives those stupid surveys but it doesn't hurt our pay. However if you get enough bad surveys they will fire you even though you can do the call perfectly with no mistakes and a great attitude you are still held responsible even if its the company they are mad at and not you.
dilligaff1

Mar 29, 2010, 3:53 PM
Whats up Sleeves. Hows life at HCC ๐Ÿคฃ
mc tubbs

Mar 29, 2010, 10:51 AM
We must be at the same site. Did you know soon there going to dock us also if we're over goal for Xfers? goal 29 % I believe.
moeincb

Mar 29, 2010, 12:14 PM
ABC - activity based compensation, goals have been going up every month, lower handle time, higher issue resolution - wonder what it will be 6 months from now? work harder, faster & cheaper!!!! CEO's need the $$.
rainbow_metals

Mar 29, 2010, 12:21 PM
Well it happens in my center too, coos bay, i understand your issues with it, the only other industry where a person is paid based on a laymans perspective of how well you did you job is a stripper, and they probably get paid more. i know its unfair but that life and nothing we can tell the higher ups is going to change it.
furl23rd

Mar 29, 2010, 12:46 PM
i work for alorica who does sprint customer care in topeka kansas and its not like that here and if they did they would loose alot of employees. they just changed it from 12 to 18 surveys. if we get no no's we CAN get some type of bonus dependng on your sv and aht. they dontct our pay for no's and if they did i would sue because i get no's for doing my job all the time and yes i get introuble for it and its some bs. where are you located and is it alorica?
rainbow_metals

Mar 29, 2010, 12:50 PM
i work for acs for sprit and thats how it is so be prepared that it may happen to you too
furl23rd

Mar 29, 2010, 1:02 PM
i will be pissed because i get no's because i tell customers that they need to go in to a store to have a tech check it out and by the time they get the survey and they havent havent went. i get a no because the issue isnt resolved. thats some serious bs ๐Ÿ˜ก
ShoopDaWoop

Mar 29, 2010, 1:34 PM
Yeah, it's like that here. I got a No survey today because they guy wanted a $1500 credit for a business deal that dropped while he was on the phone. The guy didn't want to go to a sup(because he KNEW they wouldn't do it.) and all I could do is read him the terms and agreement that says we do not guarantee that the service will work perfectly %100 of the time, and tell him I'm unable to give him any sort of credit. Now I get to take the paycut for actually doing my job.
furl23rd

Mar 29, 2010, 5:39 PM
fk that ๐Ÿ˜ก
rainbow_metals

Mar 29, 2010, 2:09 PM
i completely agree with the fact that its bs. so at our center, there are two qualifiers that determine your pay per call, IR and utilization, basically how busy we are. so the busier we are during a pay period, the less per call and the lower the ir, the less per call, starting next month, the if your transfer rate is over 35% that drops you a pay braket as well. now i dont think there any reasonable explaination about why one is transfering out 35% of the calls and this is a means to catch the people that are manipulating the system but its one more way to stick it to us and find a way to have us only making min wage, here is oregon that is the only requirement.
ShoopDaWoop

Mar 29, 2010, 2:22 PM
Yeah, we have the transfer rate thing too. Before the transfers, I was making 14.35 an hour average, now I'm down to 9.15 because I'm .6% over goal.
rainbow_metals

Mar 29, 2010, 2:24 PM
i have no problem with transfers, i think that it is legit to have that implemented but there should be a way to dispute invalid surveys when the no does not reflect on you doing your job like a mismatch or the wrong person taking the survey.
ShoopDaWoop

Mar 29, 2010, 2:34 PM
Yeah, I do agree. I think the amount we're docked for transfers is outrageous, but not the reasoning itself. I think if we did our job, to company standards, it should be dropped. I shouldn't have to take a pay cut because I didn't give the cust a huge credit for an invalid reasons, or free phones. It's ridiculous
rainbow_metals

Mar 29, 2010, 2:49 PM
i know we could be here all day with the reasons why we get no surveys that have nothing to do with us as agents doing our jobs. we should not be docked in pay becuase of corp policy.
furl23rd

Mar 29, 2010, 5:59 PM
i agree. my bad i thought i have it bad ๐Ÿ˜•
furl23rd

Mar 29, 2010, 5:57 PM
well thats a difference. we only get paid 8.00-10.00
retrocool

Mar 29, 2010, 2:42 PM
I think more call centers should unionize to stop this sort of messing around with our paychecks.

You know they'd pay us nothing and force us to stay chained to our desks if they could get away with it.
rainbow_metals

Mar 29, 2010, 3:00 PM
i know that for sure. anything to pay us as little as possible.
furl23rd

Mar 29, 2010, 5:56 PM
wow thats crazy its nothing like that here. i guess i better appreciate what i got when i got it
dilligaff1

Mar 29, 2010, 2:02 PM
Welcome 2 the wonderful word of CC's
alee

Mar 29, 2010, 6:21 PM
Thats f'ed. I wouldnt last long and now I will feel bad when I have to call ATT Customer Care to get something done that I, as an agent cant do. Lots of times the original customer care rep cant get what I need done so they have to transfer to tech support. Do these guidlines apply if you are talking to an agent?
rainbow_metals

Mar 30, 2010, 6:51 PM
in my call center it doesn't matter if there is another agent calling you or a customer, it counts as a call and we get paid for it so sometimes its nice to get a call from another agent that just needs a little help.
CustomersAreRubbish

Mar 29, 2010, 7:41 PM
Wow, I really hope you're not at ACS like me and Rainbow and I think Shoop.

As much as I liked my trainers, they couldn't sufficiently answer anything about ABC pay, I didn't really understand until 2 weeks after I was "opted in" (as though I got to actually opt for it).

You get paid per call, based upon what "Tier" of customer surveys, or "Issue Resolution"... and based on what "Tier" of call center busy-ness, or "Utilization" the entire center experienced in that pay period -- not just your queue, every queue combined. You also get knocked down an "IR Tier" if your transfer % is too high - for us currently the threshold is 34% last I checked and squeezing down every month.

Depending on the worst case scenario - low IR and high uti...
(continues)
thecgk

Mar 29, 2010, 9:26 PM
I guess I wouldnt mind the way the pay was if the disputing process were a little better. At least, they require me to ask at the end of the call if I have resolved the reason for the call, and I rarely get anyone to say no, and if I do i just tell my sup and they see what they can do. I guess I just dont think its very fair that the customer tells me yes, and then turns around and says no on the survey, and I get penalized for it. Actually my last no, the comments they made had absolutely nothing to do with the call that I took, but still unable to dispute it. It really drives me nuts I think.
CustomersAreRubbish

Mar 29, 2010, 11:37 PM
It's very unfair that we can't dispute it. This isn't the first time I've been held to a customer satisfaction or issue resolution survey system -- but -- I've been able to dispute obvious errors everywhere else I've worked.

BTW, you're supposed to be at 18 surveys soon. We just, as usual, screwed up this month... so you'll be getting ~12 surveys but tiered like you're supposed to get ~18.
xxbriibriixx

Mar 30, 2010, 8:35 AM
i work for a third party att center. and so far we have nothing that can dock our pay. we have a chance to increase our pay by making sure our handle time is low and our monitor percentage is high and our schedule percentage is good. although the only thing i dont like about this place is how our schedule attendance works. we can get up to 100% which is perfect attendance. but we cannot go below 95.00 or we will be fired. . . what kinda crap is that and every eight ours u miss is one whole percent! so that is 4.9 days u can miss before you get fired. and thats only if ur full time. if your part time and have no insurance and get sick and need to miss.. thats a hit on ur attendance percentage. . and what u miss does go by a 6 month period and...
(continues)
freephones4all

Mar 30, 2010, 5:10 PM
The day they start paying me by the call and how some drunk pushes buttons on a survey is the day I walk my happy a$$ out the door. You guys are working for a sweat shop.
You can make money at telesales too. Commission less the complaints and crazies.
rainbow_metals

Mar 30, 2010, 6:55 PM
this only applies if there are other job oppurtunities available, this is how my call center works regardless of the calls since thay are all inbound and we live in a rural area with little other job opputunities no other call centers.
CustomersAreRubbish

Mar 31, 2010, 2:34 PM
I'd rather be doing telesales. Less brain work, less responsibilities, more money, more places to pawn off the crazies.

So, uh, please bring that to Portland kthx.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.