Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 61 replies

Custmer care reps

dtpocket38

Feb 28, 2010, 12:27 PM
I know there are plenty of call center reps on here. can you please tell me why you treat sales reps like total idiots there are some of us that know what we are doing. It gets to the point were some of you treat us like customers
wizardofCroz

Feb 28, 2010, 2:18 PM
This is just my personal opinion, but here's what I gather from the customer care reps that complain about us:

They deal with problems all day, everyday. Sometimes the customer tells them that the store rep messed up, so then care rep has to fix it.

Or maybe they just hate their job and need someone to blame.
sinister

Feb 28, 2010, 5:57 PM
lol thats funny no actually yeah i have met a total of 2 look at it yeah thats right 2 store reps that knew how to navigate an account...lets see ive had to deal with a rep not following through and updating the imei on the line resulting in tech issues with sms & mms, ive dealt with a rep putting features on a customers account & telling them that the features are required...correct me if i'm wrong but since when is voicedial, roadside assistance, family map & smart limits REQUIRED to activate a rebate...again correct me if im wrong but to activate a rebate i do believe that all that has to be present on the acct is an unlimited data or unlimited messaging plan of $20.00 or higher. that's really low if you ask me & then telling the customer...
(continues)
OrionsVantage

Feb 28, 2010, 6:14 PM
Its your job to fix problems! I've worked in a call center before so i feel your pain but you're forgetting for every call that you recieve about a rep that has screwed up, there are 10 other reps doing their job that you didn't have to talk to!

You have a job where you fix problems. Don't get pissed at salesmen cause you hate your job.
sinister

Feb 28, 2010, 6:24 PM
lmao i dont hate my job i hate the salesmen that screw up & make my job harder...sales rep should be hourly only & that would solve the issue of defrauding customers & you should only be able to sell the phone since you're incapable of honesty & that would definitely make my job easier...love ya..not
OrionsVantage

Feb 28, 2010, 6:38 PM
god i hate customer service pricks like you. "the salesmen make my job so hard, god i wish they were all as smart as me so i wouldn't have to do anything"

There are a lot of us who make a living out of being honest salespeople. I'm one of them. Not once have a slipped a feature in to increase my commission.

Like it or not, if it wern't for us, you'd not have a job. Tell ya what, go get some people skills and join us out on the front line. I'd like to see how well you fare when you don't have a phone to hide behind.
sinister

Feb 28, 2010, 6:43 PM
lmao seriously? dude as long as there are cell phones I will ALWAYS have a job even if you, with your GOD complex don't exist to muck it up so serve the can of prick to yourself buddy..& people skills let's talk about people skills, can't tell ya how many times i've had a customer say they don't like dealing with you store reps because unless they're in the store to buy a phone you're rude & short with them so how bout you with your "customer service" skills stop hiding behind the counter & get a real job getting paid hourly & see how well you fare fixing your buddies muck ups!!
OrionsVantage

Feb 28, 2010, 6:51 PM
I suppose you missed the part where i said i've been a customer service rep.

Let me say that a different way,

I've done your job. I know what you do every day for peanuts per hour.

And i guess you think that i'm a best buy employee or something, which isn't the case. I don't have a counter. I spend hours with each and every one of my customers making sure their needs are met and that when they walk out the door they are going to send several of their friends my way.

As for always having a job if there is always cellphones, congrats. I'll always have a job if there is a service that somebody is providing. There is a reason sales is the most numerous job in the world.

So again, sit behind your computer thinking that ...
(continues)
sinister

Feb 28, 2010, 7:08 PM
lol if thats how you dealt with the customers by being a robot & reading a script then i can only imagine how you deal with them in person but ah no i joke with customers cause after you piss em off i gotta do something to calm them down...scripting is impersonal & yeah i read what ya wrote just didn't really care about what ya wrote
OrionsVantage

Feb 28, 2010, 7:13 PM
"scripting is impersonal & yeah i read what ya wrote just didn't really care about what ya wrote"

My point exactly. This is the same attitude that i was talking about. You don't even bother to respond to what is being said to you. You instead take what you want, twist it to "i'm so much better than you" and walk on.

Thanks for proving my point.
sinister

Feb 28, 2010, 7:39 PM
yup yup walking on...*waving* *blowin kisses* ๐Ÿ˜
OrionsVantage

Mar 1, 2010, 10:05 AM
Fair enough.

You get called out by a "lowly" salesperson, can't back up your statements and instead throw in the towel.
sinister

Mar 1, 2010, 10:33 AM
lol are you a chick? you must be a chick seriously let it go...that was yesterday!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ
WernerCD

Mar 1, 2010, 10:34 AM
Seriously...
OrionsVantage

Mar 1, 2010, 1:08 PM
If i cant use the internet to get into a useless, never-ending argument with somebody i'll never meet/work with, then what in the world is the interwebz for? ๐Ÿคจ
sinister

Mar 2, 2010, 2:36 PM
true true ๐Ÿ˜ glad im not the only one with a sadistic sense of entertainment ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
bobrings

Mar 19, 2010, 11:30 PM
what i want to know is why do sales reps in a store tell a customer that they have to have tele nav (9.99), answer tones (.99), early nights and weekends (16.99) in order to upgrade? when the only thing thats required is maybe an $18 upgrade fee and a new two year contract...not saying that all sales ppl do it. Just woundering.
resolver1

Mar 13, 2010, 10:02 AM
YAYA keep running your mouth because once they get their bill they will only have negative things to say about you and any of your sales pals. I make pretty good PEANUTS for what I do..
sweetcherrygurl

Feb 28, 2010, 7:48 PM
OrionsVantage said:
god i hate customer service pricks like you. "the salesmen make my job so hard, god i wish they were all as smart as me so i wouldn't have to do anything"

There are a lot of us who make a living out of being honest salespeople. I'm one of them. Not once have a slipped a feature in to increase my commission.

Like it or not, if it wern't for us, you'd not have a job. Tell ya what, go get some people skills and join us out on the front line. I'd like to see how well you fare when you don't have a phone to hide behind.

i don't know you but... i think i love you ๐Ÿ˜Ž hehe.
OrionsVantage

Mar 1, 2010, 10:05 AM
Why, i think i love you too ๐Ÿคค
resolver1

Mar 13, 2010, 9:59 AM
Nope dont need to be out on the FRONTLINE because you people have not a clue what honesty is ans so many customer complain about you and I wouldnt want to be associated with the customers that are out there that do think all salesmen are Shysty. So call it what you want but you are the reason I am here thatnks for the job security...Eventually you wont be the reason I am here...
resolver1

Mar 13, 2010, 9:54 AM
Personally I dont hate my job..the only part of my job I hate is picking up after your slacking a**..Tell the cust what they need to know NO MATTER whether you will lose commission or not. THEY NEED TO KNOW..do it sright the first time.
WernerCD

Mar 1, 2010, 10:31 AM
TLDR; use paragraphs please ๐Ÿ™‚

I understand the pain you must feel.

I have an AT&T rep that actually suggests setting people up for the 30 day trial. I'll explain to people what the stuff does, but I'm not so hard up for an extra dollar that I'll go that route.

Doesn't all the account changes result in charge backs to those rep's stores? More specifically something needs to be charged back to that SALESMAN. I'm all for someone losing money on a paycheck for those stupid tricks.
wizardofCroz

Mar 1, 2010, 12:26 PM
Voicedial, roadside, and family map are all free 30 day trials. As well as Navigator on a non-iPhone device.

This lesson was brought to you by the letters C...S....and P
sinister

Mar 1, 2010, 12:46 PM
voice dial not free when you add it as vad1 which is what i see a lot & THAT lesson was brought to you from experience ๐Ÿ˜Ž
wizardofCroz

Mar 1, 2010, 4:20 PM
sinister said:

ummm no only family map has a 30 day free trial NONE of the rest do.

Earlier you said "correct me if I'm wrong"..

You are wrong, I corrected you.
resolver1

Mar 13, 2010, 9:51 AM
I totally agree. I have to deal with store rep mistakes ALL THE TIME!!! Cust calls in and says I just upgraded and there is another line that was added to my acct. Well the rep ONLY THINKIN ABOUT THEMSELVES AND NOT THE CUSTOMER adds a dummy line to get the cust the iphone they want because none of their other lines are elig for upgrade. Well now the cust either returns the equipment and pay a restocking fee or deals with having an extra line. Or waits the 30 days out and cancels to just pay an extra 175.00 for etf. It is ridiculous ho0w they try to find loop holes in the system and then screw the customers over in the end. Thyen I am the one that has to sit here and listen to them b**** at me because their acct is all jacked up. It really pu...
(continues)
Dollgrin

Mar 23, 2010, 2:21 PM
All i have to say is that it goes both ways. I know there are stupid reps in store that are always messing things up, but I've had to fix a lot of issues that are caused by care as well. And lets be honest here, it would be dumb on everyone's part to not think that there are a lot of customers trying to play the system and when they don't get what they want in one place they turn to the other to see what they can get. I hear people in the store all the time talk about "I just told care this and they believed me and did xxxxxx"
longsleeves

Feb 28, 2010, 3:23 PM
Ok lets take this slow so you understand.
ccareatatt

Feb 28, 2010, 5:19 PM
Im more pleasant if the rep says "hey i just messed up can you help me fix this." instead of coming up with some dumb story but then seeing the reps name and id attached to who messed something up.

I just hate it when the reps call us to transfer to C&A you have a direct line USE it. We are monitored on short calls and transfers. Or they call in and say i would like to see about an early upgrade; thats not customer care that makes the determination its credits & activations.

Believe me customer care is always the dumping ground for any company. I especially like it when our outsourced RM reps get customers worked up by saying they were double charged when it was proratation occuring from backdating a plan. That is my favorite call ...
(continues)
sweetcherrygurl

Feb 28, 2010, 8:07 PM
sweetheart, let me tell you what my average day consists of:

"customer care told me that you would do my contact transfer for free"

"customer care told me they couldn't help me because i bought the phone from you and not a REAL verizon store"

"customer care credited my account the last three times so you need to call them and make them do it again"

"customer care sold me this blackberry can you teach me how to make a call?" (i got this one TODAY)

"customer care said you should have added the texting plan so it's your fault i have overages and you need to pay for it"

now, let me tell you something. every customer that i personally deal with receives service with a smile and the best possible customer service that i can g...
(continues)
OrionsVantage

Mar 1, 2010, 10:07 AM
No, now its official. I really do love you!
sweetcherrygurl

Mar 1, 2010, 6:02 PM
OrionsVantage said:
No, now its official. I really do love you!

haha good to know. ๐Ÿ˜
sinister

Mar 1, 2010, 10:35 AM
that was more like a dollar ๐Ÿคฃ
fattony48

Feb 28, 2010, 8:32 PM
customers dont like to yell at you about good service so you really dont hear about the good service that is given. im customer care rep and i here about the bad service cust get from store reps or look at accounts that store reps f up and have to fix all the time. i get all sorts of crazy stuff from store reps. but i also get messed up accounts that care touched or gave wrong info. i have also accidentally messed up my own accounts and given wrong info. not on purpose but it happens. theres accidents and theres just people who dont care about others or there jobs. doesnt make us all sh!t heads but i can see how it goes both ways about crappy service so theres no since really in asumming that the customer care or store reps in here are...
(continues)
fattony48

Feb 28, 2010, 8:36 PM
this was a reply to that fight up top.
dilligaff1

Mar 1, 2010, 2:17 AM
Let me give you one example of a call I got from a NEW CUSTY!! First bill w/AT&T (AWS) Went to store for new svc. At the time mMode was free (MRC) for 1st month for 1 MB and .01 pkb after. Store rep dropped the F-Word on the Custy. IE "Your 1st month of mMode is FREE". Custy gets 1st bill. $3874.86 ๐Ÿ˜ณ I get the Call ๐Ÿ‘ฟ Idiot Custy downloaded "Harry Potter" the movie to his cell fon b-cause the store rep said mMode WAS FREE ๐Ÿ˜ฒ We had to eat the Charges!!!!! All for a bit of commission. I spent 10 plus years taking those type of calls due to "Store Reps".
xxbriibriixx

Mar 1, 2010, 10:44 AM
i honestly think store reps should be paid hourly like customer service reps. i think this may prevent the lying. and idk how well a store rep gets paid on comission. but maybe this will help small towns that dont have huge sales on cellphones. . . just a thought. oh! and maybe when an account is opened. it HAS to be notated and the reps get monitored on what is done on the account and what was notated about it. . . that would be nice. some notes and ID on the account would be very helpfull. . . especially when the cst calls in about a mistake. if a rep is going to screw someone over. att has to make sure they can get caught for it. and fired or coached first then if it happends again. then fired. if we as cst care reps cant get away with s...
(continues)
sinister

Mar 1, 2010, 12:43 PM
lol they do & i love it...in csp theres a link to turn reps in using their comp code for loading accounts up with useless add ons for a bigger commission, its great ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
PhonemanJ

Mar 1, 2010, 2:13 PM
At the same time, we in the store should have some way to report Care reps who tell customers the following:

1. I know that you bought the phone online, but just go to ANY store and they will exchange it.

2. It looks like you have blocked or lost your sim card. Just go to a store and they will give you one for free.

3. I know that you bought your phone at The Shack, but go to any store and they will be happy to transfer your phonebook and pictures for free.

4. You are eligible for a FREE UPGRADE! No you don't have to order from me, just go to any store and get any phone you want for free (and of course they don't tell them about the upgrade fee, not to mention that only a couple of phones are actually free!)

5. After a custome...
(continues)
xxbriibriixx

Mar 1, 2010, 2:31 PM
i completely agree. store reps arent the only ones that cause these problems. anyone who doesnt do their job sould be caught and fired. but call center reps can get caught way more easier than in a store. becuase they get monitored multiple times every day and are constantly having to set expectation and if they dont set them, or lie, they fail a monitor. which can fail a score card which can get them fired. it should be equaly strict for store reps and call center reps, that is all i am saying. it will help both parties from lying and not doing what they are being paid to do. which is good customer service.
dilligaff1

Mar 1, 2010, 4:52 PM
First pf all, as a long time CCA w AWS, AT&T Blue And the ever Hated at&t orange (STINKULAR) I never did that. Bya fon on line and theres a problem, I never said go to a store. I gave the Custy the proper channels to go through. If they locked up they're SIM if I could not unlock the PUK I sold them another one or on certain cases would send them one NC
sinister

Mar 2, 2010, 1:25 PM
lemme correct that for you...seems you were actually LISTENING to what the customer was saying

1. what the customer was told was that the phone would have to be returned through the original pos if ordered online a return label can be printed for you & once received back in inventory an upgrade reversal can be done, restoring your original upgrade date & at THAT time you can go into the store & use the upgrade if you wish.

2. lol no excuse for that one, i do refer them to the store to get a "free" sim card seeing how you guys almost never give the customer the sim card that came with the brand new & keep them in a lil basket behind the counter.

3. if you bought it at the shack then it must go back to the shack, no you'll have to ca...
(continues)
wizardofCroz

Mar 2, 2010, 2:41 PM
Where are you getting this "the brand new sim card that came with the phone" talk??

The only sim cards that come inside phone boxes are prepaid sim cards. There are no postpaid phones with included sim cards.
dilligaff1

Mar 17, 2010, 12:51 PM
3. if you bought it at the shack then it must go back to the shack, no you'll have to call the store to get the store hours but ill be more than happy to provide you with that number.
I would even call the Cor/Store/Shack for them. Sorry for the late reply
menoch

Mar 23, 2010, 5:57 PM
I have to say that I agree mostly with what you said. The issue is that you are so freaking rude about it. Do you talk to your customers like that too? Bet you are one of those hot call machines. Is the rudeness needed?
sweetcherrygurl

Mar 1, 2010, 5:56 PM
xxbriibriixx said:
oh! and maybe when an account is opened. it HAS to be notated and the reps get monitored on what is done on the account and what was notated about it. . . that would be nice. some notes and ID on the account would be very helpfull. . . especially when the cst calls in about a mistake.

this would be great... if all of us HAD a system that allowed us to make notes.

my system has ten preset notes such as "referred customer to warranty department" that we can choose from.

oh, and the options "customer is a blatant liar and should not get credits" or "customer is violent" aren't available.
qualityrocker

Mar 3, 2010, 2:12 PM
What's really bad is I get those same kind of calls only the call center reps are doing the same thing! What ever happened to the Customer Rules #1=Take Ownership and Show we Care???
jchambao

Mar 1, 2010, 2:32 PM
C'mon guys, we all have bad experiences. Nobody's perfect. I have gotten calls that the stores have messed up the accounts and I have gotten calls that customer care, or just anybody over the phone, has messed up the account.

There are the calls where they say, "oh well the guy in the store told me this..." as well as, "well the girl I talked to on the phone yesterday told me the exact opposite."

On the other hand, customer care and stores do have good reps. I talk to people from the stores (even auth retailers) and people from other departments that are really good representatives that just need assistance with something they may not have access to.

So its even, theres good and bad. And isn't that true is just about anything?
fattony48

Mar 1, 2010, 2:56 PM
thats what i tried to say but i was to high to get it out like that. good job! ๐Ÿ˜
jchambao

Mar 1, 2010, 3:55 PM
haha, thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
Owenu

Mar 1, 2010, 3:20 PM
i personally don't treat sales people like that....others may do it because of the stereotype that sales reps know nothing about the service, and only care about the sale.
sinister

Mar 1, 2010, 4:05 PM
hmmm...rethink that comment, they're called "sales" reps for a reason. i do believe that is because that particular focus on revenue would BE sales. if they were concerned with the customer they would be called "customer care" agents ๐Ÿคฃ
sweetcherrygurl

Mar 1, 2010, 6:59 PM
sinister said:
hmmm...rethink that comment, they're called "sales" reps for a reason. i do believe that is because that particular focus on revenue would BE sales. if they were concerned with the customer they would be called "customer care" agents ๐Ÿคฃ

yet there are plenty of customer care reps that don't CARE about the customers at all....etc etc.

seriously, this debate is like a dog chasing its tail. either it's never gonna end, or it'll catch it then yipe when it hurts.
sinister

Mar 2, 2010, 10:25 AM
yes but its very therapeutic...feeling relaxed already...ahhhhh ๐Ÿ˜›
jchambao

Mar 1, 2010, 7:58 PM
Heres another reason why I have some animosity towards the stores...granted this was an authorized retailer, but all the same this is definitely against policy!

A guy calls in, I ask for his # and then the name, he pauses and then says his name is Inna Somebody. [Stop to consider Inna...I have never heard of a man named Inna..]

Mind you, alot of background noise, and he even puts me on hold when he firsts gets on the phone.

He says that somebody messed up his account and that he was suppposed to be on the unlimited plan as of 02/11. I put him on hold so I can go try and backdate it, it wouldn't let me so I just leave it effective today.

I was even nice enough to give him a prorated credit since it was an error on our part [suppos...
(continues)
OrionsVantage

Mar 1, 2010, 8:31 PM
Ya know, all of us authorized retailers arn't so bad either ๐Ÿ˜‰

I work for big red and i've definately noticed a hate triangle between customer care/corp stores/auth retailers.

maybe its just easier to say "everybody is incompetent" and roll with it.

that being said, what the sales rep did (^) is way over the line and would not be allowed in my store. And if i caught it he definately would be looking for other employment.
jchambao

Mar 1, 2010, 9:26 PM
Yes I know, I can get along with just about anybody, I mean I'm a nice person but when you go that far, you shouldn't have your job anymore.

I understand why he may have done it. We can't help auth retailers unless the customer is there and we can speak to them so maybe he promised to fix it for her, but still...I could have called her and got her permission or something.

But, we're all incompetent...lets roll ๐Ÿ˜‰
SprintCC

Mar 2, 2010, 9:15 AM
I never had a problem with the people in the stores until I started reading this forum. Yes, some of them are idiots and mess accounts up. But then, so are some of the people that answer phones. It would be great if we could all get on the same page, but we can't even get that done in my one call center, doing it across the entire company just isn't going to happen.

My problem is with the attitude that they shouldn't have to help customers. That they shouldn't go into stores for things they could have just called care about. It bothers me that they think it is somehow wrong for a customer to visit their store late in their shift. (I've done retail, just not phones. I worked at GNC and Dillards in the past- I understand you're closing, bu...
(continues)
wizardofCroz

Mar 2, 2010, 2:17 PM
The only time I really have a problem with non-buying people in the store is when we're busy. If the next person in line needs help setting up their blackberry that was purchased online, wal mart, etc, I have no benefit to that conversation. I understand they're part of my company blah blah, and it's the nature of the business. My nature is to make money and make as much as possible.

If I am missing out on sales because the customer was too cheap to learn it himself, I am not happy. On the other hand, if we're slow and they need help, I need something to fuel my boredom.
sweetcherrygurl

Mar 3, 2010, 6:12 PM
SprintCC said:
It bothers me that they think it is somehow wrong for a customer to visit their store late in their shift. (I've done retail, just not phones. I worked at GNC and Dillards in the past- I understand you're closing, but the only reason you're there is so people can shop in your store, period.)

there IS such a thing as common courtesy, for example. say i'm heading to a store. if i walk up and see that they close at 7, and my watch says something later than, say, 6:45, then i'm not going to be rude and come in and waste half an hour loitering in front of their sales rack while i can see that they're trying to close. it's just rude. i'll either save the errand for another day, grab dinner some...
(continues)
sinister

Mar 2, 2010, 10:28 AM
yup totally agrees...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.