Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 22 replies

Why do customers not give their area code first?

Owenu

Jan 11, 2010, 12:35 PM
If someone asks you for your number, you are suppose to say the area code first, or is that just my thinking?

Even worse, when customers say the number one, then xxx-xxxx, then the area code. 😡
MrGoofball

Jan 11, 2010, 1:19 PM
Because they aren't used to giving the area code because it's the only area code used near them. So the go 123 4567 then go crap it's area code 999
pizzas not for breakfast

Jan 11, 2010, 1:23 PM
i hate when you ask for the area-code, and they give you their zip-code.
blakk_chyna

Jan 11, 2010, 1:25 PM
I hate when they give you thier house phone number.
BoredatSprint

Jan 11, 2010, 1:25 PM
OR WHEN THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW IT. 😈
Owenu

Jan 11, 2010, 1:48 PM
Or when they ask why I need their #. 😡
blakk_chyna

Jan 11, 2010, 1:51 PM
🤣 classic!
vampyra

Feb 12, 2010, 10:17 PM
i get the whats a mobile number? or uhmm... 1- 123- 45... no wait... 1- 123- 123... no wait... how can i find my number..? uhmm how do u give your friends your number if u dont know it?
juggalo D

Feb 13, 2010, 3:53 PM
Well unfortunately because of the advances of cell phones and technology its less and less "required" for people to remember phone numbers mainly theirs. I never call myself to talk. 🤣 But can you imagine the time the people would have if they lost their phones. "Oh where is it? Oh wait I'll call it, but I don't no the number. Oh I'll call Jeff and have him call it, but whats Jeff's number? Oh it's in my phone. All I have to do is find it, then I can call Jeff. Now what's my number?"........... and the cycle continues.
stinson5043

Feb 13, 2010, 4:25 PM
who is this jeff person 🤨
juggalo D

Feb 13, 2010, 6:18 PM
the first person they think off thats who 🤣
Owenu

Feb 22, 2010, 1:12 PM
🤣 I've done this myself 🤭
edzero

Feb 14, 2010, 2:11 PM
they're excuse is always "I never call myself". you should still know your own phone number. Then they also have an attitude about it, as if they shouldnt need to know their number to look up the account.
Joeboo62

Feb 21, 2010, 11:33 PM
And then when you ask for their area code again, they get rude and say didnt you hear me?
Why do they get mad when i reply "yes I did but you didnt hear me before that" I just dont understand
wizardofCroz

Feb 13, 2010, 4:33 PM
I hate when they lack phone number rhythm.

What's your cell phone number?

55511-544-54

Let's try a little rhythm... Bom bom bom, bom bom bom, bom bom, bom bom.
PhonemanJ

Feb 13, 2010, 6:07 PM
Here in Dallas, you have to dial all 10 digits to call across the street. Yet when you ask for the phone number, they always seem to give you the 7 digit number instead of all 10. Drives me nuts.
wizardofCroz

Feb 13, 2010, 6:49 PM
What kills me is when they pull the "I never call myself" routine, but they know their mother/ father's entire 9 digit social security number and expect that to be OK when their name isn't on the account.
Owenu

Feb 22, 2010, 1:10 PM
🤣 so true
Coil

Feb 14, 2010, 11:51 AM
Caller ID... you have it at your call centers? I mean if I was going to call you up and breathe awkwardly into the phone I'd expect you to know my number...
Nobodey

Feb 14, 2010, 2:10 PM
Caller ID yes, but we get so many people that have either been transferred from another call center, plus people that are calling from their home # instead of their cell (often a different area code) you cannot assume that the caller id is in anyway correct.
IrishCarBomb

Feb 14, 2010, 1:04 PM
Not everyone assumes they are talking to someone in a far away land... they are used to a time in American history where the person on the other end of the phone was in your area code, and there was no need...

So, I guess the better question is, why don't you ask them for their area code instead of assuming they should just know what you need to do your job.
ATTDRONEV2.5

Feb 14, 2010, 2:53 PM
That aggravates me to no end .. that 5 minutes of the call is getting their account info so we can pull it up..

Thank you for calling my name is DW, can i get your ten digit telephone number?

123-4567

and the area code ?

the 3 digit telephone area code ?

1.2.3.4.5!!

Can I have the Account Number?

I don't have the bill with me

And the Name on the account ?

(screamed into background)
HEY IS THIS IN BILL'S NAME or BILL'S GRANDMOTHERS NAME?

and your name?

its under bills Name.

and for security reasons can you verify the last 4 digits of the social?

I'm not giving you my social.

just the last 4 digits sir/ma'am

I'M NOT GIVING YOU MY SOCIAL !

the 4 digit pin ?

you mean the account ...
(continues)
Owenu

Feb 22, 2010, 1:35 PM
🤣 so sad, but i know this actually happens

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.