Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

The perils of being an indirect

oregoncellfoner

Feb 13, 2010, 12:31 AM
So I have a customer that comes to the kiosk today and wants to exchange his Hero for a Palm Pre. No problem. Pull up his account in our invoicing system, nothing pulls up that he purchased a phone from us. I asked where he got it and he said "I got it from a corporate store in Chicago" (We're in Oregon). When I tell him I can't exchange it, he tells me, you can and you will because all Sprint stores are the same. I told him we cannot and he would have to go to a corporate store (which is 100 miles away or so). So he says "well then you're going to pay for my gas, so that will be 40 dollars."
I asked him to leave, so he starts knocking stuff over. Not expensive stuff, just like signs and plan guides and stuff. I called mall security...
(continues)
juggalo D

Feb 13, 2010, 11:52 AM
i feel you bro i have been an indirect dealer for a year now for two different companies but selling tmobile at both. but i have to say the funniest thing for me was working at a booth in the mall politely greeting people when i greeted a girl who i would say 20 maybe 21 and she blows me off 10 seconds later her boyfriend comes up "what did u say to my girl man" i told him i asked how her day was and he told me not to harass people and that he was gonna beat me up. i almost got out the booth to deck him when my manager jumped in, said some stuff, guy was gone. Manager asked what happened i told him and he laughed and said that guys response tells him he is not secure with his relationship and knows she can do alot better. really she could ha...
(continues)
izdog13

Feb 13, 2010, 2:03 PM
Dude this happens EVERY day in a Cricket store...Welfare people are like that man...They want everything handed to them and have no concept of anything rational!
SeacrestOut

Feb 13, 2010, 3:11 PM
Trust me, stuff like that isn't indirect dealer exclusive. Customers dont like hearing the word no or something else they didn't want to hear, and they all react differently. Some are entertaining, and then others aren't.
rainbow_metals

Feb 15, 2010, 5:49 PM
sometimes i like being in a call center so that the customer cannot be physically abusive and for the ones that are personally abusive over the phone, i want to say, hey buddy, i know your telephone number, address and name. you really want to threaten my life when all you have is my first name?! good luck with that.
dilligaff1

Feb 26, 2010, 10:43 PM
OMG Idont know if you've been here long enough to remember "Bob The Typical Cingular Customer" but I would swear that was him in the Flesh 👀 😲 😳

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.