Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 47 replies

SPRINT SPENDING LIMIT FEE

cookedude55

Feb 8, 2010, 9:09 AM
๐Ÿ‘ฟ I WORK FOR SPRINT AND THEY ADDED THAT STUPID 3.99 CHARGE FOR HAVEING A SPENDING LIMIT AND NOW WE HAVE TO GET YELLED AND CURSED AT. ANY OTHER EMPLOYEES FEEL ME ON THIS SPRINT MAKES TO0 MANY CHANGES AND THEN WE HAVE TO SUFFER ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
babyvaz

Feb 8, 2010, 9:48 AM
T-mobile customers yelling and screaming because we don't do overage alerts to all customers and they used 10000000 minutes over, but they want a regular account because they're so great and don't want any restrictions.....I don't get it.
cookedude55

Feb 8, 2010, 10:02 AM
WE GET THAT TO AND NO COMPANY GIVES OVERAGE ALERTS BEC THE CUSTOMERS ARE ADULTS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO KEEP UP WITH THAT
babyvaz

Feb 8, 2010, 10:08 AM
On the other side, for example charging for detailed billing because we have to use more paper and ink is pretty retarded, so I can empathize with customers.
cookedude55

Feb 8, 2010, 10:31 AM
THEY STILL CAN JUST VIEW THE BILL ON THE INTERNET THOUGH ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
edzero

Feb 8, 2010, 12:15 PM
yeah, i dont think its retarted. Theyre trying to be environmentally responsible. btw ...Sarah palin is going to kick my a$$ for using the R word. The ink and paper they're using and the printers they print them with is costing them money. They want to cut that out and because you want that printed should cost you a few bucks.
Coil

Feb 9, 2010, 12:46 PM
edzero said:
yeah, i dont think its retarted. Theyre trying to be environmentally responsible.

That is the smoke screen they use but in reality the service they offer costs them next to nothing compared to what the consumer pays.
rainbow_metals

Feb 8, 2010, 2:38 PM
actually us cellular does have overage alerts available.
Coil

Feb 9, 2010, 12:44 PM
VZW not only has overage alerts... they actually alert you before you go over. And you can change your plan mid cycle and go back next cycle to save yourself from overage charges... all without extending your contract. Because Tmobile (aka deutschtelekom) are deutch nazis.
Coil

Feb 9, 2010, 12:42 PM
Maybe they should do overage alerts if they want to party like the big boys (VZW).

๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜›
pizzas not for breakfast

Feb 8, 2010, 1:00 PM
Nope, i've had no issues explaining this to customers. And most of them will sign up for auto bill pay to eliminate the charge. If you read the crap verbage they have us read to them explaining the 4.99 charge, most agree, some say its stupid but i've yet to be yelled/cused at for it. Call control is all it is.
Owenu

Feb 8, 2010, 2:07 PM
I don't have issues w/ customers yelling at me about this fee....probably because I don't mention it at all on the call. ๐Ÿคฃ

Hey! don't judge me! it's their fault for choosing Sprint. ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿคฃ
ulcards

Feb 9, 2010, 5:09 PM
exactly I have had no issues as well, explain it they will understand.
w1ndex

Feb 8, 2010, 1:07 PM
Can you explain what the 3.99 charge is for? I work for a different company and have not heard of this.
pizzas not for breakfast

Feb 8, 2010, 1:27 PM
its a 4.99 charge to have your account under a spending limit. the way they word it on the website when signing up service makes it sound like a great thing. its good and bad at the same time. I personally like the Account Spending limit program, i requested to be placed on one. it gives you a max spending limit depending on your phone type, how many phones you have on the account and price plan. Ex. 150$ spending limit, means if your plan and out of plan charges exceed 150 your phone will be "hot-lined" to prevent excessive charges made to the account. You have to pay your bill on time and not mess around with excessive downloads. its for customers with little to no credit. i like it because i keep a low bill every month and it prevents pe...
(continues)
edzero

Feb 8, 2010, 1:47 PM
does it stop working if you exceed the limit or does it just hot-line you? I would assume its good if you have kids.
pizzas not for breakfast

Feb 8, 2010, 1:53 PM
it hotlines, im not sure on the numbers, at the limit, you can only recieve calls, and any calls made out will go directly to fianace. then at like 20-30$ over it will block all calls/text/data. any calls made will be directed to fianace.
moeincb

Feb 8, 2010, 2:25 PM
You can not request to be put on the Account Spending Limit program. It is based entirely on credit score.
rainbow_metals

Feb 8, 2010, 2:40 PM
perhaps you should check again, because it does give the option for a cusotmer to stay on ASL once they meet qualifications so to some degree, one can make the choice to have ASL.
moeincb

Feb 8, 2010, 2:46 PM
sure to stay on asl but not to have the account created as an asl account
famoussasjohn

Feb 8, 2010, 1:16 PM
tell them to sign up for auto bill pay, then the charge is removed..
UndercoverBunny

Feb 8, 2010, 2:25 PM
also, if you pay your bill on time your spending limit will be removed as well.
Owenu

Feb 8, 2010, 2:40 PM
I have had customers tell me they are not happy about the fee, and they have been w/ Sprint for 10 years, and they shouldn't have to set up direct pay in order not to be charged $4.99 per line extra per mo.

When customers start on that " I've been with you guys for X years" crap, I want to say, "Yes you have been, and we appriciate your business, but unfortunatly, in those X years, it seems that you have been unable to pay your bill on time, and have had your service interrupted several times. Therefore, this charge is valid." ๐Ÿ™‚
Coil

Feb 9, 2010, 12:50 PM
Owenu said:
"Yes you have been, and we appriciate your business, but unfortunatly, in those X years, it seems that you have been unable to pay your bill on time, and have had your service interrupted several times. Therefore, this charge is valid." ๐Ÿ™‚

Um that's not true at all people with perfect credit or upgrades still have spending limits. It's not like they started out great and then all of a sudden Sprint slapped a spending limit on them. How do you live with yourself lying to people?
Owenu

Feb 9, 2010, 1:06 PM
Owenu said:

When customers start on that " I've been with you guys for X years" crap, I WANT to say.....

How do you live with yourself being so sensitive that you would actually believe an Internet post? ๐Ÿ™„
Coil

Feb 9, 2010, 2:37 PM
Oh ok so not only do you lie to customers you lie to coworkers and anonymous random internet posters. You sound like a swell chap.
Owenu

Feb 9, 2010, 2:43 PM
someone's getting upset....aaawwww....you want me to warm your bottle? too sensitive for you? goo goo ga ga!! ๐Ÿคฃ
Coil

Feb 9, 2010, 2:56 PM
What? I could care less about your karma.
Coil

Feb 9, 2010, 3:02 PM
As the complaints and most likely fraudulent activities pile up you'll get fired. I see it constantly.
Owenu

Feb 9, 2010, 3:07 PM
you shouldn't talk about yourself like that. ๐Ÿคฃ
Owenu

Feb 9, 2010, 3:06 PM
Well if you have the ability to care less about my karma, then why don't you go ahead and care less? ๐Ÿคจ
Coil

Feb 9, 2010, 12:40 PM
It totally sucks but that's only if there is a paper bill...otherwise they can get rid of it after 18 months of loyal and steady service.

Here is what I find ridiculous: Sprint acts like there are customers with no spending limits... I've never seen this, ever, though many many sprint moons have passed..
rainbow_metals

Feb 9, 2010, 1:20 PM
well there definately are customers without spending limits, this is all based on your credit result when you start service, there are accounts that are approved for like 10 lines of service and no deposit and no spending limit.
Coil

Feb 9, 2010, 2:39 PM
rainbow_metals said:
well there definately are customers without spending limits, this is all based on your credit result when you start service, there are accounts that are approved for like 10 lines of service and no deposit and no spending limit.

But there aren't I've never seen it. The typical for good credit is 720$ for a limit. I've been selling sprint for AEONS!
rainbow_metals

Feb 9, 2010, 7:05 PM
while i seriously have my doubts about eons, that is the case there are multiple different credit classes and many without ASL. there are 14 different credit classes that are non asl and 18 that are asl so as you can see there more asl than non asl but they do exist, i guess you've never had a financially resposible adult request service from you store/dept.
Coil

Feb 9, 2010, 8:50 PM
No I think Sprint has different limits set up for different regions. I know for example as long as their CC was ran under a certain county anyone would get 0 deposit...anyone.
dopeygirl

Feb 9, 2010, 6:55 PM
Coil said:
It totally sucks but that's only if there is a paper bill...otherwise they can get rid of it after 18 months of loyal and steady service.

Here is what I find ridiculous: Sprint acts like there are customers with no spending limits... I've never seen this, ever, though many many sprint moons have passed..

I work in sales and see customers all day with no spending limit, for Sprint.

And if they enroll in AUTOPAY, not Ebill, they can waive the fee. Doesn't have anything to do with receiving a paper bill. ๐Ÿ™„
360piecesofme

Feb 9, 2010, 3:36 PM
Pure craziness... do you think it's a fee to offset the anymobile anytime feature? I see TONS of customers without a spending limit and TONS of customers without one, but the way that I'm told to explain this charge doesn't make too much sense to me, it's crazy but no going back, we do not waive this fee it comes down to setting up automatic bill pay, 18 months of good standing.... or cancellation... sad to think we'd lose a customer over a measly $4.99 ๐Ÿคญ
Owenu

Feb 9, 2010, 3:56 PM
right
dmjr2000

Feb 9, 2010, 4:30 PM
And how are you told to explain it to them? Do you go by the KMS doc?
360piecesofme

Feb 9, 2010, 4:33 PM
Just basically, it gives them additional benefits as a customer by sending out txt msgs, managing their account on sprint.com, and the star features, isn't this a free thing for all customers? It's weird to me... is this the real reason as to why we're charging this is for the maintenance of their account, or the assurance that they pay their bill because surely, an extra charge of $4.99 isn't going to ensure that they pay there bill it's an extra five bucks, out of their pockets, I don't understand the reasoning behind it
dmjr2000

Feb 9, 2010, 5:30 PM
Yeah I dont understand the reasoning either. Thats why Im glad Im a Tmo customer ๐Ÿคฃ
Coil

Feb 9, 2010, 5:31 PM
Paper and shipping of the bill. This costs Sprint money.
Coil

Feb 9, 2010, 5:28 PM
It's to offset the price of cutting down trees and then hiking the price of paper up a few hundred percent.
Coil

Feb 9, 2010, 5:30 PM
360piecesofme said:
I see TONS of customers without a spending limit :

Business accounts? I've never seen this... ever.
360piecesofme

Feb 9, 2010, 5:39 PM
Older accounts... we're talking 5-10 years, they don't have ASL... from what I've seen
KungPaochic

Feb 9, 2010, 5:34 PM
I work in sales and we get alot of accounts that are in delq. status. If they payed there bills on time the wouldn't be asl. If they enrolled they wouldn't be delq. and wouldn't have the extra charge!
KungPaochic

Feb 9, 2010, 5:38 PM
We can't upgrd, andd a line. even access an account with a past due balance, but we can get yelled at for the fee ๐Ÿ˜•

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.