Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 40 replies

I hate RadioShack

Samsung89

Jan 20, 2010, 12:42 PM
I just had a call about a dumbass RadioShack employee activating a go-phone account and it came with $50 for a GAB. The moron instead of adding the sim card into the correct device the $50 came with he had added into another device the customer had and tried to play it off as if he always had the sim card into the GAB device. NO YOU DID NOT!!! After I get to telling this Asshole as to why the customer will not be receiving the $50 GAB he starts to yell at me.
Asshole- “Why not?? The customer is entitled to the $50 even if he had placed it in his other device. You credit the account or put your supervisor on because you are clearly don’t know how to do your job.”
ME-Sir I do apologize you add the sim card into the wrong d...
(continues)
wizardofCroz

Jan 20, 2010, 1:00 PM
You had me at, "I hate radio shack"

To help out with the other post, please explain what GAB stands for.
pwoggius

Jan 20, 2010, 1:44 PM
My guess would be GoPhone Airtime Bundle. Can't think of anything clever. 🙄
BoredinTechSupport

Jan 20, 2010, 1:59 PM
Actually I think they go by "The Shack" now
juice007

Jan 20, 2010, 2:30 PM
Well if they talk like that then it is the shack.
viper27

Jan 21, 2010, 4:38 PM
they can be called my boot up their ass if they dont shape the hell up!! I HATE THAT PLACE!!!!!!!!!
juice007

Jan 21, 2010, 4:44 PM
Let it out, let it all out... 😎
dtpocket38

Feb 1, 2010, 10:01 AM
radio shack is just like walmart there the special needs students in the wirless world cant tell u how often deal wit there bounce backs
dopeygirl

Jan 20, 2010, 2:22 PM
I just came on here to complain about Radio Shack myself. Giggled when I saw someone else hating on them too.
juice007

Jan 20, 2010, 2:31 PM
Who do you work for?
alee

Jan 20, 2010, 5:15 PM
I recently had a radio shake employee activate a new line on an existing individual line. Both lines should have been on the new family plan but he failed to transfer the individual line to the new family talk line. On top of that, the employee said both lines would have unlimited texting with the family text. But since the existing individual line was not converted to the family group, that line did not benefit from the unlimited texting. There was about 450 dollars in overages. I was able to get the account in order and ATT credited back the overages. I also got family data and navigator on both lines. I dont think they will go back to "the shack". I wish I had a dollar for everey fire I put out that Wal-Mart or Radio Shack started.
brisk87

Jan 20, 2010, 5:19 PM
i would have exloped on him!! i would have actually made him madder by being a smart a$$
brisk87

Jan 20, 2010, 5:27 PM
brisk87 said:
i would have exloped on him!! i would have actually made him more mad by being a smart a$$

lol oops
Big Poppa

Jan 20, 2010, 5:40 PM
I would have asked to speak to his supervisor or at least gotten his name and store number and contacted their corporate office and filed a complaint on that racist f**k, and got him fired.
Coil

Jan 22, 2010, 12:35 PM
She had his store specific agent code and possibly name. He was infuriated because she made a big deal out of nothing.
RavenSkyhawk

Jan 20, 2010, 6:07 PM
here ye, Here ye. All those in favor of burning "The Shack" to the ground have it. Now begin the mob and don't stop til every stick is a cinder.

That is All.
alee

Jan 20, 2010, 6:10 PM
My torch is already burning.... 😈
pwoggius

Jan 20, 2010, 6:47 PM
Guess I'll have to go to Best Buy for my audio cables on the way home then.. 🙄
BIG_ERN23

Jan 20, 2010, 8:52 PM
thats prolly better, youll save agazillion moneys
Ask The Shack

Jan 21, 2010, 9:40 AM
It's like all companys. There's always a few bad apples that make the bunch look like tools.

I used to work at RadioShack, and I can tell you that when I worked there, we knew our sh!t, and set every customer up right.

The problem is now that they changed their pay structer, and got rid of commissions, so you went from having sales associates to clearks. Sales associates will have motivation to learn abotu phones, and features because it effects their paycheck, with a clerk, an activation is just seen as a hastle that will make them waste time when they could be watching TV 'til quitting time, and that's where you're going to have your mistakes.

So now you have a place that carrys less the Best Buy, costs way more then Best Buy, and...
(continues)
Sigma1570

Jan 21, 2010, 7:56 PM
I hope you quit radioshack to go back to school and learn how to spell.
ATTRetailerRep

Jan 23, 2010, 6:11 PM
Hey, the consumer picked low price box stores over sales associates that know something years ago. You've gotta say they got what's coming to them.
afroman4

Jan 28, 2010, 11:26 AM
Hey, the consumer picked low price box stores over sales associates that know something years ago. You've gotta say they got what's coming to them.

I totally agree here! As a store rep i have no sympathy or feel obligated to help customers who tried to go the cheap way and got their account feature flipped because "the shack" or walmart had a $400+ retail phone for free 🤣 i just tell them to take it up with where they got it or call CARE
Coil

Jan 22, 2010, 12:26 PM
Yeah first of all don't call others morons when you lack basic English skills. Second boost sim is fully transferable to another boost sim and the 50$ put onto the newly activated sim card applies. Now, it does not apply if he wants to switch the 50$ from the new sim to the old sim because they have different numbers but obviously you two were smart enough to understand that 1+1=2. Obviously.
Coil

Jan 22, 2010, 12:33 PM
*boost=AT&T

The post still applies.
pwoggius

Jan 22, 2010, 2:55 PM
Yeah, last time I checked, the verbiage seemed to imply that the credit is attached/associated with the device, not the SIM. 👀
Coil

Jan 23, 2010, 7:39 PM
pwoggius said:
Yeah, last time I checked, the verbiage seemed to imply that the credit is attached/associated with the device, not the SIM. 👀

First of all great gavatar. Normally I hate the choices here but you have uber pwned phonescoop. Word.

Second this comes from their original post:
"The moron instead of adding the sim card into the correct device the $50 came with he had added into another device the customer had and tried to play it off as if he always had the sim card into the GAB device."

AT&T wouldn't know about the old device that gets the new sim card unless it was one of the newer pdas or he mentioned it. Also, radioshack employees don't make commission on that particular phon...
(continues)
BoredinTechSupport

Jan 24, 2010, 12:25 AM
Coil said:
AT&T wouldn't know about the old device that gets the new sim card unless it was one of the newer pdas or he mentioned it.

Heh, Sorry, wrong again broduski. ATT CAN see the device history of a sim; the device that one is currently using as well as any device used with that sim and/or number in the past. Hence, yes the poster would have easily been able to see that the sim was put in the wrong device, stopping that account from receiving the bonus offered by the bundled phone, and thereby locking the sim to the alt device since ATT prepaid sim cards do that now, thus making the matter worse.

Bottom Line: Situation could have easily been avoided if either the cust or Shack-a-douche had bothere...
(continues)
pwoggius

Jan 24, 2010, 12:43 AM
BoredinTechSupport said:Situation could have easily been avoided if either the cust or Shack-a-douche had bothered reading the terms in the packaging. L2R. Once again, unless you're in KY that is 😉

Listen here, readins don't never not done nothin' for not nobody. Never not no one! Didn't about no reason, not never, and by God they never not ain't gonna will!!
BoredinTechSupport

Jan 24, 2010, 12:00 PM
pwoggius said:

Listen here, readins don't never not done nothin' for not nobody. Never not no one! Didn't about no reason, not never, and by God they never not ain't gonna will!!

Word Broski
Coil

Jan 26, 2010, 12:47 PM
BoredinTechSupport said:
Heh, Sorry, wrong again broduski. ATT CAN see the device history of a sim; :

How exactly does that conflict with my statement?

Coil said:
AT&T wouldn't know about the old device that gets the new sim card unless it was one of the newer pdas or he mentioned it.

I have no ****ing clue what 'GAB' stands for or what native tongue this poster uses as it is clearly not English. I do however see that you can put an activated AT&T sim card into any phone and it should come with that 50$ advertised bonus despite bs fine print - the guy should return the phone. I've been selling at&t for countless years and people do this on a daily basis. Granted, nobody ge...
(continues)
UnflushableLog

Jan 26, 2010, 2:25 PM
Dude, from the top. GAB is "Gophone airtime bundle" which is a credit applied for activating gophones. And no you cannot get the credit from putting a sim into "any" att phone, not even any Gophone. Only certain gophones are GAB phones and theyre clearly labeled on the the packaging. Two, as its been implied by 3 people already, the credit is not on the sim. The credit is on the device, you receive it by putting a qualifying sim into one of the GAB phones, which have a credit on it, and the device itself applies the credit to the account. Now sure, if someone ALREADY HAS an att gophone account, and buys one of these GAB phones but decides to use their already existing SIM, then yes they can put their sim into the phone and get the bonus; but...
(continues)
Samsung89

Jan 27, 2010, 11:23 AM
"have no ****ing clue what 'GAB' stands for or what native tongue this poster uses as it is clearly not English."

You sound almost like the asshole i had talked to.
GAB- GoPhone Airtime Bundel
And like the three other replies, The $50 is attached to the device NOT THE F***ing SIM CARD!!!!. 😡 And YES I do have a system that tells me what device the sim card was place in. So I would actually now if the device they had place the sim card in even carries the $50. 🙄 Please if you cannot understand the other 3 to 4 replies explaining what the GAB is and how you get the bonus. THEN STOP REPLYING TO MY f***ING POST. 👿
That is all and have a nice day
Than You. 🙂 😁 😉
thecleaner62

Feb 2, 2010, 12:55 PM
another reason i am glad i do not deal with sim cards
pizzas not for breakfast

Jan 22, 2010, 3:16 PM
good to come outa raido shack was the xmod.... i love those things.
BoredinTechSupport

Jan 22, 2010, 3:56 PM
Samsung89 said:
Asshole- “Why not?? The customer is entitled to the $50 even if he had placed it in his other device."

No. Did you tell him to actually try reading the terms on the package? Then he would actually know what he's talking about. Wait.. this Radio Shack wasn't in Kentucky was it? A cust told me that they're not required to read in Kentucky.... that might explain it
Murphy

Jan 22, 2010, 6:40 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣
dirtyhippo

Jan 24, 2010, 8:45 PM
🤣
UndercoverBunny

Jan 29, 2010, 10:22 PM
Radio Shack called me today and asked me to submit an order with their sale ID.

🙄
nursejenn132

Feb 16, 2010, 4:03 PM
AGREED! OMG I LOVE when they cant verify that they are from the store and you get to shoot them down. BEST DAYS EVER. They get so mad and try to claim that they are managers and blah blah blah. Also a big Thank You to Radioshack employees for making our lives miserable and selling 5 Iphones to everyone who walks into your store.
CAS8586

Feb 16, 2010, 5:05 PM
got punked...if only if you didnt care about ur job...hmm...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.