Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

If you play nice, so will I

need_a_hero

Dec 26, 2009, 6:34 PM
I dont understand why some customers think that if they call their cell phone company/computer company/any company they are pissed at, and scream and yell and curse at the rep, that they are actually going to accomplish anything. If you call me and have a bad attitude, I don't want to help you. In fact, I am going to tell you NO to all of your requests because you are being a jerk. If you are nice to me, Im going to do what I can for you, in fact I will try to do more.

Anyone feel the same way?

Thanks for listening!
zeebull

Dec 29, 2009, 8:19 PM
I've been on both sides of a lot of complaints dealing with many different servieces....have never gotten hostile with a rep cuz they're just doing their job.... Calm, polite and a few questions usually get what i need accomplished, more people need to take notice
love2transfercustomers

Dec 29, 2009, 8:53 PM
i totally agree 🙂
jvp3

Dec 29, 2009, 10:34 PM
Most customers aren't screaming at yelling at YOU personally, they're screaming and yelling because they're upset or frustrated with the situation, and they're just venting on you.

If you can't handle it, and if you feel inclined NOT to help a customer simply because they are upset about their situation, then you're in the wrong line of work. Customers get upset for a variety of reasons, sometimes with 100% justification, sometimes not, but it's on us as reps to find out just what the problem is, how it can be rectified (if possible), and, if we can satisfy the customer (I acknowledge that it's not always possible of course; we all know of customers who are notoriously impossible to please, but not all customers who yell and scream are th...
(continues)
jvp3

Dec 29, 2009, 10:43 PM
I'm not saying that customers have a right to be abusive, of course. I'm just saying that it's not the responsibility of the customer to kiss the azz of the CSR or anyone else who they pay money to in exchange for a product and/or service. Quite the opposite, in fact. It's the responsibility of the person being paid to make an effort to satisfy the customer. If that means putting up with some ranting and raving, and making an effort to turn a customer around and calm them down, then so be it - you're being paid. The customer isn't obligated to be extra nice to you. You're not paying THEM. They're paying YOU to be nice to them, and provide them with what they need and/or want.

Now, if you disagree, and you wish to continue the "I'll only h...
(continues)
meeshxsmith

Dec 30, 2009, 2:44 PM
I mostly agree, but it is very frustrating when a caller gets on the line with me and starts the conversation out yelling. I work for insurance, so sometimes this happens and I am able to calm down the customer egough to figure out what I can do with them.

Sometimes even that is hard to do.
qualityrocker

Dec 30, 2009, 8:19 AM
I completely agree. If a customer calls me and starts off the call demanding credits, guess what, they probably aren't going to get a credit out of me. If a customer calls me and is respectful, courteous, and kind then chances are they are going to get what they want. If someone calls in and lies to me about their 14 yr old not knowing how to get on the internet, guess what, they are not getting anything out of me unless they add the Unl. Data plan! They wanna draw a line in the sand then so will I!
mrpmpfan

Dec 30, 2009, 2:58 PM
Sadly by refusing a responsible request because a customer is upset can and most likely will get you fired.

And not like that cusotmer cares if you help them or not, they are using you to release some pent up frustration. If you refuse their requests and they call back they will get someone and be more level headed.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.