Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 24 replies

What do you mean "required data"?

kentbrockman

Dec 9, 2009, 2:22 PM
I mean that you have to have a data package to activate a smartphone. This is like going to best buy and buying the top of the line 60" TV and then hooking up bunny ears to it!!
dualitycomplex

Dec 9, 2009, 2:32 PM
Websters Defines "Require" as Function Verb
1. to claim or ask for by right and authority
2. to demand as necessarry or essential, have a compelling need for.
3. impose a compulsion or command on
4. to feel or be obliged used with a following infinitive.

so in your question, it seems that definintion number 2 would be best suited.
IBoss1977

Dec 9, 2009, 6:53 PM
This is what you can do....it only works with GSM.... Call the Customer service and tell em a different IMEI... tell them to add data to the phone..... for 10 bucks... turn around and put your sim card in the BB.... only thing is you wont have BIS...
mist668

Dec 9, 2009, 6:56 PM
No... you have to have the blackberry internet service on your account or you will not have an active account registered with Rim. Its either you have it, or you don't. Reason is BB's internet routes through their own servers.
IBoss1977

Dec 9, 2009, 7:02 PM
I did it for the longest time...WATCHA TALKIN ABOUT...
Mafdet

Dec 9, 2009, 7:10 PM
Do you have it still?
payurbill

Dec 10, 2009, 1:35 PM
this is why everyone hates indirect dealers because of retard dbags like you telling them incorrect info. as soon as there internet or something else doesnt work they call in and need trouble shooting done we cant do it because doesnt have correct feats on there account and then we gotta hear them complain for 30 mins bout wrong info that u the retarded dbag told them
Hombre07

Dec 10, 2009, 2:39 PM
September 1st all Smartphones are required to have the proper package. If you throw your SIM in a blackberry and you had a V3 your gonna see it show up on your bill.

Stop telling people wrong.
mrpmpfan

Dec 10, 2009, 3:24 PM
That will work until sim card sweep happens and it realizes you are on a Blackberry. Then you will get a wonderful message letting you know that the plan will be added with or without your permission
dualitycomplex

Dec 11, 2009, 4:45 PM
whoa I am indirect and I lose sales very day because I say the data is required, dont lump me in with that douche bag. Also a big middle finger to the Corp stores who put customers on the 44.95 a month internet services and not the 29.99 a month version for standard consumers. I love nothing more than to cancle that and add the cheaper version giving you a charge back and your corp location a bad name as ripping off the customer.
wizardofCroz

Dec 11, 2009, 5:39 PM
The 44.95 data plan is either Enterprise or the messaging is bundled with the data. So when you take that package off, you're either canceling the person's corporate account, or they're going to have a huge bill because they thought they had a texting plan.
dualitycomplex

Dec 11, 2009, 5:49 PM
nah most of the time i see it, its the 44.95 corp provision for a customer only running a yahoo account yes they have text plans but those are an additional 10 dollars on their account as well, I always check with the customer before moving it around on their account, the corp store here is just trying to make an extra dime is my guess.
mrpmpfan

Dec 12, 2009, 6:55 AM
Thats a good guess, and the customer would have never known unless you told them because even with enterprise activated they can still set up a BIS account. I have seen equally shaddy stuff from corp stores. My least favorite one is when they sell an aircard to someone who lives in a terrible service area.
dualitycomplex

Dec 12, 2009, 1:15 PM
we sell air cards to people in poor reception areas out here all the time. Reason being the customer has no connection high speed options at all where they live, and the slow speed air card I sell them due to coverage is still 8 times faster than their dial up sure the customer complains about them not getting full speed but when i remind them about their 14.4 or 28.8 connection at home they gladly STFU and dont hassel me any more.
ccareatatt

Dec 12, 2009, 2:34 PM
Then they call customer care lie and say you all stated it would be HIGH SPEED INTERNET. Aww gotta love the constant chain. I wish we had lie detectors on the cell phones. Yes, the customer is always right but at the same time the customer should be arrested for stealing and cheating.
mrpmpfan

Dec 12, 2009, 3:27 PM
A lot of times I get calls about this and refer them back to the store to cancel the contract in the first 30 days. So I have no idea why you waste yours or the customers time. 🤭
dualitycomplex

Dec 18, 2009, 1:41 PM
i send them out with the expectation that will wont be blazing fast but faster than what they have. and to ccaratatt, no the customer is not always right i hate that saying, because its pure BS, you have to do right by the customer and all customer lie there for they are never wrong.
MrGoofball

Dec 18, 2009, 5:51 PM
Well since the department store that coined that phrase went out of buisness about 33 years ago. That phrase didn't seem to work to well for em did it?
mrpmpfan

Dec 19, 2009, 6:48 AM
Somehow I doubt there is a single customer who would want to pay $60/month for a service that will be spotty and slow. Also a 2G aircard is not leaps and bounds faster than a 56k dial up connection.

You sound like a great salesman, because you are slimey and could care less about the customers you are supposedly helping.
qualityrocker

Dec 15, 2009, 10:35 AM
Seriously iboss! How do you still have a job!?!
SprintCC

Dec 11, 2009, 5:42 PM
Industry related- for Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc. customers to stop whining for an iPhone.

Non-cell related- For the Trailer Park Boys to air in the US unedited.
SprintCC

Dec 11, 2009, 5:43 PM
And I'm an idiot- wrong thread.
edzero

Dec 11, 2009, 5:56 PM
This is like going to buy that new Camaro and asking them to replace the engine with a Kia engine.
ccareatatt

Dec 12, 2009, 2:35 PM
Quit your whining and choose a phone that doesnt require the plan, if you absolutely have to be oh so cool and have to have a PDA or Iphone then get it, its all about choices.
Murphy

Dec 19, 2009, 10:11 AM
done and done

next...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.