Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 61 replies

Attention Store Rep

rainbow_metals

Dec 7, 2009, 7:18 PM
while i know you do have a job to do, dont make that my job to do. I am not her for your disposal. I am here for our customers, so you calling with your lame excuses about your system not working and that is why you could not waive upgrade fee doesn't impress me. thanks for wasting my time with your bs and asking me to do your job for you. you figure it out
wizardofCroz

Dec 7, 2009, 7:36 PM
It will always be a constant battle between in store reps and call centers. Very rarely do I call CC, but when I do, most of the time the person is patient and the issue gets resolved. In response to the post though, I had one instance where a coworker sold two lines, the people came back two weeks outside of the BRE period. We told them, sorry, you can cancel but you're going to have to pay ETFs, and blah blah. They called CC. CC made us return the equipment, waive the ETFs and the restocking fees. To this day I still have no idea what good that does to the company. Why would you bend over backwards to someone who is going to cancel and start service elsewhere?
rainbow_metals

Dec 7, 2009, 7:51 PM
i completely agree with you there i dont understand either unless there was extenuating circumstances. but i wont credit a customer that has already canceled or planning on cancelling unless there is a blatant company error.
Hombre07

Dec 8, 2009, 10:29 AM
Do realize we don't have all the capabilities you do. We can't create or credit charges. We can't issue bill adjustments. We can't all process payments. We can't waive any fees.

These are the things we need to call you for.

And yes, sometimes computers do break.
dualitycomplex

Dec 8, 2009, 3:05 PM
which is why every time i call customer service i let them know your dealing with a rep i know what you can and cannot do and if the employee of the company is not willing to do their job, which is service the customer either directly through themselves or through an instore rep, then let me know so i can hang up call back and get some one who is willing to do their job.
jmalo

Dec 8, 2009, 3:32 PM
It is not the CSRs responsibility to issue adjustments for upgrade, activation, migration fees, etc. for an instore rep (at least with T-Mobile) This is something that your Manager must apply or you must e-mail the neccesary information to a specific department for these requests
chocosong87

Dec 8, 2009, 5:14 PM
that's a bold faced lie.
ccareatatt

Dec 9, 2009, 2:05 AM
Its really not. I have seen managers of stores who have access to apply adjustments do it. I have spoken with a rep who told me that he was over the amount of credits he can issue in a month who asked me to do it; I dont complain I do it because im here for the customer; the sales rep got in trouble because QA heard it and submitted a form to their upper management. I got in trouble too. Apparently we are not supposed to assist company employees with those requests.
Hombre07

Dec 9, 2009, 11:18 AM
I'm indirect, that's why I have to call in. They don't trust us handing out money.
jmalo

Dec 9, 2009, 11:31 AM
I have no problem assisting dealers with anything on the account and normally will try to help them get a credit applied even if it is outside of policy, and if we cannot apply the credit I inform them on how it should be done correctly.

The only problem I have is when the dealer gets upset at me for not applying a credit that is outside of policy.
Hombre07

Dec 11, 2009, 11:42 AM
I agree some of us suck. I try to train my team right. It's really hard when we get them with experience from another store or the shack.

There's really no reason to get upset at all. A lot of agents hate care and vice versa but your there to help us in the end. Except when you try to steal my customers.
Cellinovation

Dec 12, 2009, 6:00 PM
ooohhh I hate that. "Can i speak with the customer" turns into "why don't I send you the same phone free of charge, is tomorrow ok for delivery?"
qualityrocker

Dec 15, 2009, 10:14 AM
We have to ask to speak w/the customer in order to VID. Sorry guys. Just trying to do my job.
VZW Sales Mgr

Dec 17, 2009, 7:12 PM
qualityrocker said:
We have to ask to speak w/the customer in order to VID. Sorry guys. Just trying to do my job.

I HAVE ALREADY VERIFIED THE CUSTOMER BY THIS POINT!!! I can give you all the info. they can: last 4, pw, name, address whatever! The problem is that generally u guys try to look down on us and speak to us like we are some kind of shady sales ppl! Generally, I see more complaints from ppl that deal w corp. than deal with an indirect!
Basically, that bs about verifying Id doesnt fly
GraGG

Dec 17, 2009, 7:14 PM
customerservice and sales ppl will always clash, cust serv hates sales ppl because they they hate their job, and sales ppl hate cust care cuz they make our life a living hell
qualityrocker

Dec 18, 2009, 8:18 AM
I do not hate store reps. Especially not VZW store reps! However, in MyCSP(for AT&T reps), it does state that indirect dealer agents cannot verify for the customer. It states that the customer has to verify before we can assist the store rep. Would you like the article number? I'm sorry.My job performance does effect my paycheck, even though I am not in Sales.
Yellowrose

Dec 22, 2009, 1:06 AM
I know one BIG company that seems to themselves create the rift between CSR and store reps! And might I add, changes the "policy for verification" just about every single day! Would rather s/w store sales rep all day long then "ugly cust"
ccareatatt

Dec 17, 2009, 10:42 PM
At AT&T we can just verify account with your name agent code and customers name social and or password. Only way to get that to change is to speak to higher ups. I like agent calls they are relaxing for me.
dopeygirl

Dec 17, 2009, 6:20 PM
Then don't call sales. The recording specifically states "if you'd like to speak to a sales representative press 1". Specifically states we are sales.

There is an option for customer care. Press that one ๐Ÿ™‚
wizardofCroz

Dec 19, 2009, 8:50 PM
We all know those options take you to the next available person, whether it be sales or service. I just call pretending to be the customer so when you ask if overnight shipping is OK, I simply say no, that's why i'm here in a store.

I can't stand when telesales people try and sandbag the situation...

"oh i need to talk to customer"

"for what?"

"Just let me speak with customer ok?"

"fine"

Customer: "They're trying to sell me the same phone"

*click*
jmalo

Dec 9, 2009, 8:11 AM
O yeah? You're gonna tell me that it is a bold faced lie eh?

I would copy and paste the policy but that would be outside of plocy ๐Ÿ˜‰
RavenSkyhawk

Dec 8, 2009, 5:34 PM
In contrast to this animosity I prefer the store reps to call in. They don't fight, don't yell, don't argue. I love the rep that calls in and says "I messed up and I need your help." I prefer it to the customer screaming "You F&$%ed up my account." At the same time Store reps everywhere realize National Sales Support and Account Services needs you love too. Share the wealth ๐Ÿ˜
qualityrocker

Dec 15, 2009, 10:06 AM
You may not be able to issue credits or waive fees, but there is the proper escalation process. Now I know for a fact-I went to a COR store and asked a COR rep-that your manager can and will issue credits and fee waivers if they are valid. Now another thing I learned is that COR store reps are suppose to set the same expectations that customer care reps set-per mycsp. So why do all these customers call me saying the store rep didn't tell me this or the store rep didn't tell me that...etc, etc, etc???
Hombre07

Jan 6, 2010, 11:23 AM
That may be true for COR but nobody said anything about COR. I'm Authorized Retailer. We issue no credits and waive no fees. Period.
kris.the.pope

Dec 17, 2009, 6:16 PM
so that when another company screws them over, they'll remember how we helped them out and come back (hopefully)
wizardofCroz

Dec 17, 2009, 7:45 PM
Why even have a policy then? Why have contracts? If CC can let people do whatever they want and go against 3 different policies stated in the previous post, chances are that person called all of their friends on my network and said, Hey guess what? I just got out of my contract without term fees because I was a big enough baby, AND they waived my ETF, AND they waived my restock fee. BS
SMR1990

Dec 8, 2009, 6:25 PM
wow way to be a douche. You do realize that sometimes computers/internet/programs/ whatever act up and people need help? I know that for some reason one of our systems at our store wont allow us to do price plan changes without closing out the internet and bringing up a report error box and it has not been fixed since I started here. We were actually told to call CC in the mean time to do price changes for us. Trust me I dont like having to call you anymore then you want to be called.
viperguy

Dec 10, 2009, 2:08 PM
I hate the fact that store reps have audacity to advise customers that after they process an upgrade or after an activation takes place to call CC to recieve the credit for the applicable fees because they themselves cant apply the credit. To all you store reps out there stop telling customers to call CC to recieve credit after these types of transactions take place. CSR's will not apply the credit just because a store rep told them. Thats why some customers say that a company has bad customer service because one part promises while the other doesnt deliver.
SprintCC

Dec 12, 2009, 7:30 PM
Our pay is based on how well we do on customer satisfaction survey calls. (We get paid by the call, your pay rate is determined in full by your issue resolution score.) Nothing is better than having someone say their issue wasn't resolved because we didn't credit $18.00 that was promised in the store.

It makes me understand why reps are telling customers that stores can upgrade them early, that the store can issue a credit, and the other things I've seen store people complain about.

Honestly, we're all supposed to be on the same team. Nobody wants to say no, but it is a fact of life that customers can't always get what they want. If everyone would just be honest about what can, or cannot be done- withint policy, everything would work...
(continues)
Cellinovation

Dec 12, 2009, 7:38 PM
The is quite possibly the most grown-up thing ever said in this forum... nay on phonescoop! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
rainbow_metals

Dec 16, 2009, 2:29 PM
you know the problem i have with that is that sometimes cares system goes down too and do we call a store to help us do our job, the answer is no. so why is it then that a store calls care but care cannot call a store for help? sounds a little one sided to me. so of course that makes me the bad person that says take responsibility for when my system is down and making sure that i still help the customer as much as i can. i would rather have you have the customer call to make the change than ask me to do something that you are able to do as well as I. plus what else is dealer support for-to help dealers duh!
Tomdg07

Dec 16, 2009, 2:34 PM
What ๐Ÿคจ now this may be the worst comeback i have ever heard ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
lilyofthenorth

Dec 22, 2009, 1:43 PM
Actually, I have had a csr call my store to ask if we could do something for their customer.
Tiger_Lilly03

Dec 10, 2009, 12:23 PM
For us to place the order for you. If we place the order, we will take your sale. We will not enter your sales code. I don't know how many times this happened to me when I worked sales!
dualitycomplex

Dec 17, 2009, 7:59 PM
I have a dealer support they tell me to call customer care for the most mundane issues that they dealer support can fix.
Example you say, reset the customers password after doing secondary verification. call customer care you say, they fraggin hang up on me. Put the customer on you say? ok, wait why are they telling the agent what door a package can be dropped off at, thanks for having me waste 20 minutes on a customer, and another 10 or so while your on the phone placing an order for them while another customer of mine walks out due to waiting to long. All in all I try not to call in as much as possible.
babyvaz

Dec 18, 2009, 8:00 AM
could care less about your commission.
dualitycomplex

Dec 18, 2009, 1:39 PM
could care less about your quality and hold times, which is why i tell customers that your all just college kids who dont care bout your jobs, sitting in a cubicle who know nothing about the equipment and read the same bill they recieve. Oh the joys of having them return telesales phones or threaten to cancle service when i wont assist them with their phone or transfer their numbers for them.
mrpmpfan

Dec 19, 2009, 6:45 AM
This is funny because I tell most of customers looking to upgrade (after I have performed technical troubleshooting) to get their phone through Best Buy, or letstalk.com because the corp stores are a huge rip-off
dualitycomplex

Dec 19, 2009, 2:46 PM
i hear that a lot too, i work at indirect right across from the corp store, and i have pissed off customers from corp all day long.
bryantkd

Jan 5, 2010, 8:56 AM
Yeah because indirect is so great.

Why yes Mr Smith I would be happy to upgrade your phone.

You say you were told 2 months ago that you would have a $100 credit toward your purchase today well let me check.

Well yes you would have had that credit if you had not gone to that indirect retailer last month and added a line for junior. Now thanks to a shady rep there he will get that credit in 20 months.

You say you want your credit anyway. I would be happy to help you but unfortunately I am not allowed to discount phones. Would you like me to put you on the phone with customer service?
ccareatatt

Dec 22, 2009, 2:08 AM
I think everyone should have quality including in store reps.
cingcing

Dec 18, 2009, 7:51 PM
All I ask in return is that you CALL AHEAD when you send a customer to a store.

Ten times a day we get customers that were sent in by care for things we either can't do, charge for, or that should have been done on your end in the first place.

I know you're going to say that you do, and that's fine. I don't believe you, but I also have no way to prove otherwise. Just know this: you're doing a disservice to "your customers" if you send them my way without calling me.
Butthead007

Dec 18, 2009, 10:37 PM
And conversely, store reps are great at passing ownership along to avoid what they actually can do at the store levels.
0to60

Dec 21, 2009, 5:04 PM
HAHA stop crying its YOUR JOB!!!
0to60

Dec 21, 2009, 5:12 PM
Your job is to CARE! It's in your job title. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
rainbow_metals

Dec 21, 2009, 8:06 PM
yes and so is customer.
zeebull

Dec 30, 2009, 5:20 PM
That'd be great...doing my own job...provided that the it dep gets theirs done, often times when a system is out nothing can be done for hrs and we need to call in to be able to our job...everyone is entitled to rant about the bad points...but at least make it a valid rant. Thanks
madhatter923

Jan 3, 2010, 5:11 PM
atten: call center rep it is your job and what u get paid for is to listen to our bs. thats why you are there to help us when something like the system going down. help fixing upgrades.
rainbow_metals

Jan 5, 2010, 1:22 PM
see that is the mentality i am talking about, CUSTOMER care is not for other reps to tell them how to do their job, at least with my company we have a dept called sales or dealer support for that. yeah im not dissapointed when a rep calls for assistance and i happen to get paid but i get paid for every call, valid or not. once again as i posted previously, we in CC do not call a store when our systems are down, what makes it right when the tables are turned.
wizardofCroz

Jan 6, 2010, 12:23 PM
CARE calls my store all the time. (With derka derka accent) umm, yes hello I talk to Mr. john and he say phone no work i send him to your store he get free phone.

Why is he getting a free phone? He just signed a contract 3 months ago...

(Derka) You do warranty in you store?

NO

Oh so sorry, I call other place.
jvp3

Jan 4, 2010, 11:26 PM
Make full disclosures to customers about their contracts (especially the length of time), about their bill cycles, about the ETFs, about when they're eligible to do an upgrade, about what they can and cannot do; be honest and forthright about it. You already know what you're supposed to disclose to the customer prior to a sale. Just disclose what you're supposed to disclose, like a professional, and don't let the customer tell me later on that nobody told them something very basic about their account that they SHOULD have been told about from the very beginning.

Also, do enough probing to find out what plan will work best for them overall. Don't throw them on the least expensive plan with the least amount of minutes and then have them cal...
(continues)
Coil

Jan 5, 2010, 12:50 PM
First of all - customers don't retain the entirety of all the new information implanted in their heads. Of course they will have questions or think their idea is right and the paperwork they signed AND HAVE A ****ING COPY OF RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM IS WRONG.

Second of all - nobody needs you for black berry internet.. or any other kind of technical support. What happens is you tell them to take the battery out and/or reprogram the phone and after half an hour or more of wasting EVERYONE's time involved - you suggest the phone be exchanged.

Why don't you take your rage out on the people that call you all day because their kids downloaded a billion ringers.
Researcher

Jan 5, 2010, 1:56 PM
I take calls all day long to fix what dealers/store reps never did tell them. Granted I know custys will lie. I also know what happens on your end. I have been behind a counter for years. I have seen people who just want to get the sale not tell the custy all the info. Then later they call CC and when we have to tell them the facts that the rep left out they get mad. They yell that if they were told that then they never would have went with it.

Then they want a sup to take the call thinking the manager will do what they want. Plus I will let you in on something that upsets cc people. There are many times our managers cave in an will give them what they want just to get them off the phone. I have been a manager in a national center and kn...
(continues)
jvp3

Jan 5, 2010, 2:17 PM
Coil said:
First of all - customers don't retain the entirety of all the new information implanted in their heads. Of course they will have questions or think their idea is right and the paperwork they signed AND HAVE A ****ING COPY OF RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM IS WRONG.
No doubt that happens all the time, but that doesn't give you carte blanche to NOT disclose the things you're SUPPOSED to disclose.

Coil said:
Second of all - nobody needs you for black berry internet.. or any other kind of technical support.

Except the store reps who do call me and ask for my technical help. Yeah, that's true, nobody except my Blackberry customers and store reps who ask for my help with sett...
(continues)
Coil

Jan 5, 2010, 2:25 PM
jvp3 said:

No doubt that happens all the time, but that doesn't give you carte blanche to NOT disclose the things you're SUPPOSED to disclose.

What are you talking about? All relevant information and inquiries are disclosed.

I'm not going to bother replying to the rest since you used the french term 'carte blanche' to appear more intellectual on an anonymous internet chat forum and that just sickens me. Who do you think you are? Oh right, someone who tells black berry users to take out the battery and reprogram the phone all day. That's quite a skill you've ascertained.
jvp3

Jan 5, 2010, 2:39 PM
Coil said:
What are you talking about? All relevant information and inquiries are disclosed.
Except when they're not.

Coil said:
I'm not going to bother replying to the rest since you used the french term 'carte blanche' to appear more intellectual on an anonymous internet chat forum and that just sickens me.
LOL! Actually, I use that term every so often as it applies, not "to appear more intellectual," but just because it's a part of my vocabulary. If that "sickens" you, then, LOL, so be it. What a maroon.

Coil said:
Who do you think you are? Oh right, someone who tells black berry users to take out the battery and reprogram the phone all day. That's q
(continues)
Coil

Jan 5, 2010, 2:42 PM
jvp3 said:
What a maroon.

'maroon' case in point
jvp3

Jan 5, 2010, 2:52 PM
Thought you weren't gonna answer.

So long, Sammy! See ya in Miami!

(BTW, "what a maroon" is from Bugs Bunny cartoons. How's that for pseudointellectual?)
Coil

Jan 5, 2010, 6:45 PM
Riiiiiiiiiight
rey000

Jan 7, 2010, 9:26 PM
Don't give me lip for asking you to put it in the notes. The customer doesn't know where you're located and can't come in and talk to you face to face, nor does the customer know how to get in touch with you. Don't get mad at me for trying to make sure the customer does not have to come back and rant or get aggressive with me. Customer's can call 611 and never reach you ever again. Customers can however visit my store location and find me.

/rant
rey000

Jan 7, 2010, 9:27 PM
Ugh, so irritated I forgot to direct the message to CC.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.