Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

I find it hilarious that they complain about...

getsome

Dec 5, 2009, 1:18 PM
Our outsources call centers that bareley speak English.

Granted the call centers have a heavy accent, they do try to speak PROPER english. I know i know, i made a thread bashing outsourced call centers but they do try...

back to customers...it's just funny becuase the convo goes like this:

M. Hi! Welcome..
C. Damz yo, hadda cum upta da sto fo cuz dem peepz on the fone ionn unnastand. Iz like dey don no no english. shihh...i nee summon who can speek..
M. wtf did you just say?
dualitycomplex

Dec 5, 2009, 2:13 PM
he said he couldnt under stand the people int he outsource call center and he needs some one he can understand so he had to go to the store. did you fail ebonics or something?
getsome

Dec 5, 2009, 5:05 PM
i knew i should of taken ebonics instead of italian in school...i'm missing out.
mist668

Dec 6, 2009, 2:39 PM
They call it nigaz 101 where I come from
The Cellular Satan

Dec 6, 2009, 7:31 PM
WTF! is ebonics? honestly i hav never had anyone answer that question without cracking up or saying something like its the voice of the underlings. however funny that sounds i simply dont knw what it is 🤨
meeshxsmith

Dec 6, 2009, 8:12 PM
It is Ebony + Phonics.

There is a linguistic theory that people due to their upbringing and also culture have a different way of expressing themselves. In the Ebony community this way has been called 'ebonics'.
RavenSkyhawk

Dec 8, 2009, 6:28 PM
Ebonics is a derivitive of english striving to be it's own language created by the poor african american from the ghettos. During the 90's (showing my age here) it was attempted by some action group to make this a seperately recognized language and have it incorperated into academic society. This movement failed horribly, but many of the lower classes (they are actually paid more than I am by the federal government) use this language rather than learning actual english.
The Cellular Satan

Dec 9, 2009, 2:50 PM
😳 🤣🤣 ok ok nomore ur gna kill me here! wow i HAD NO FREAKIN IDEA! so basically illiterates want their own language? 🤣
wizardofCroz

Dec 9, 2009, 3:08 PM
fer shizzle
mist668

Dec 9, 2009, 6:04 PM
Well let me explain things this way.

In english: What is for dinner mom?

In ebonics: Hey bitch wat for supper?
The Cellular Satan

Dec 9, 2009, 6:56 PM
I stand corrected and appauled 🤣
ecycled

Dec 5, 2009, 5:26 PM
ebonics = fail
ATTDRONEV2.5

Dec 5, 2009, 3:10 PM
I've had several people complain about the ivr option for Spanish. One asked for a supervisor demanding we take it off, so i placed him on hold, looked at what sups were available and thought "looks like Lisa is available... but I'm waiting for Jesus or Enrique to get off a call"
😈 🤣
meeshxsmith

Dec 6, 2009, 5:57 PM
getsome said:
M. Hi! Welcome..
C. Damz yo, hadda cum upta da sto fo cuz dem peepz on the fone ionn unnastand. Iz like dey don no no english. shihh...i nee summon who can speek..
M. wtf did you just say?

🤣 That's my problem. Though I speak proper English sometimes my accent gets the better of me. And the customer's accent gets more ghetto, and a domino effect is created.
mist668

Dec 6, 2009, 6:23 PM
So.... you both sound like that talking stain commercial?
meeshxsmith

Dec 6, 2009, 7:24 PM
I don't watch TV. I watch hulu.
IBoss1977

Dec 9, 2009, 6:49 PM
I watch tnaflix.com

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.