Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

customer gave me a vocabulary lesson.

love2transfercustomers

Nov 19, 2009, 2:50 PM
last night, a customer called in to complain that she is getting missed calls from us, and that we are not leaving voicemails. i told her the reason for the call. she had no questions nor concerns about her account, and her phone was working just fine. she went on and on about how irritated she was about not being able to get to her phone in time to answer the call, and that we will not leave a message.

this went on for about 5 minutes. so finally i interrupted her and asked if she wanted me to notate her feedback to her account.

me: would you like for me to notate this to your account?

cst: you need to stop saying "notate." i know you've been trained to say that, but it is not a word. you're supposed to say "note my account."

(continues)
ecycled

Nov 19, 2009, 3:43 PM
hahaha

Did you put in your notes, "Be sure and ask/tell the customer you notated her account."

I think it would be funny if the next rep said the same thing.
love2transfercustomers

Nov 19, 2009, 5:07 PM
no, didn't notate her account at all. she gave me her #, but no name or pin.
matonater

Nov 19, 2009, 5:12 PM
I see you took my lesson to heart regarding the word number when talking about a pin
love2transfercustomers

Nov 19, 2009, 5:57 PM
i guess i did 😲

thanks for your vocabulary lesson.

i appriciate it as much as i did the customer's.
🤣
simmeon

Nov 20, 2009, 1:45 PM
I love talking to people so stupid that I actually second guess myself.
rainbow_metals

Nov 20, 2009, 3:32 PM
i just spoke to a lady who stated that she opened mail that was sent to her address under another persons name and that since i could not change the address on his account she was going to be calling her lawyer. Yeah, you do that and tell the lawyer that on a recorded call you admitted to a federal felony.
ecycled

Nov 20, 2009, 5:49 PM
Oh wow. Get 'em coach. Good point. Did you happen to share that with her?
rainbow_metals

Nov 21, 2009, 12:33 AM
i said that maybe her lawyer could provide her more information about using other peoples mail, it was really funny
love2transfercustomers

Nov 20, 2009, 5:40 PM
me too 😎
mrpmpfan

Nov 21, 2009, 6:46 AM
Was your customer Webster? 🙄

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.