Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Store reps

meeshxsmith

Nov 18, 2009, 11:46 AM
Is your commision based soley on contracts or do you get contracts based on phones too? I'm wondering if I should go to my local store and bother my local store rep for just a phone or simply buy it on line?
pizzas not for breakfast

Nov 18, 2009, 11:51 AM
buy me a samsung moment. Cause that would be awesome.

im not a store rep so i cant answer your question but i would guess their Commission is based on phone sales and contract renewals. Just a guess 🤨
ecycled

Nov 18, 2009, 12:24 PM
Our commission is on anything purchased: phone (outright or contract), acc, features, and fees.

However, if you don't get features txt, insurance or whatever it hurts my numbers and I get written up. I have recently started ringing those non-feature sales out in my co-workers names, sorry grandma THAT was your salesperson. haha
meeshxsmith

Nov 18, 2009, 12:34 PM
Hmmm.

I'm thinking. I already have txts. Maybe I'll actually ask my store rep and maybe he'll give me a strait answer instead of just looking at me like 🤨
ecycled

Nov 18, 2009, 12:38 PM
I would if my manager wasn't within hearing. Do it later at night when the managers go home.
meeshxsmith

Nov 18, 2009, 12:39 PM
Okay Maybe I'll go after work.
TMoGuy

Nov 18, 2009, 1:29 PM
Actually, every store/compan is different. I work for T-Mobile, where if you came in and bought a phone at retail price, I get nothing except lower feature/accessory sales per kit. I do not get paid on that phone. So, if you're going to T-Mobile, I would advise you to just get the phone online or maybe Walmart.

Now, other companies, even Authorized Agents, may be paid differently. I would just ask the rep. He/she has no reason not to be straight up with you.

You're a rare breed of customer though, which I wish we'd see more of. You actually take notice of the fact that we make a commission and really don't care to deal with bullshit. For that, I say THANK YOU! You should hold a seminar for consumers on how to shop! Ha! 🤣
meeshxsmith

Nov 18, 2009, 2:18 PM
Well I work in a call center, so I am "in the industry".

After much calculation I figured buying a new phone would be cheaper than a contract upgrade. Now the question is where to buy it.

If my local store can earn commission off my purchase I'm going there. If not I'm going to buy it online.
Rachelann993

Nov 19, 2009, 3:50 PM
if its corporate sprint we get comm. on new lines, box sales, accesories

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.