Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 40 replies

WOW LOL!!

aidan11

Nov 16, 2009, 12:13 PM
So I've been wanting to get a new phone, and I found some great deals on open box devices on the phone carriers website. It says that the phone may be available in stores in my area. To save on shipping cost, and the 4 day wait I figured I'd call to see if they had the device. What happened next can only be described as ridiculous. I called the store and this is what happened.

sales rep: Thank you for calling Blah Blah Blah, how can I help you?

me: Yes, I was looking at upgrade phones on your website, and wanted to know if you guys sold open box devices.

sales rep☹️condesending tone) No we do not...

me: Oh ok, well do you know if any of the other stores in the area carry open box devices, I'm willing to drive a little to get my...
(continues)
ecycled

Nov 16, 2009, 12:51 PM
He set the phone down and went back to what he was doing. Wasting both your times.
love2transfercustomers

Nov 16, 2009, 1:04 PM
some of those store reps are real jerks. like when i took my broadband card in to do a warranty exchange...i waited a long while only for them to tell me that it is "broken" (it wasn't), and they are not going to do anything for me.

a week later when i came in to buy a new broadband card, they assisted me right away 😲
wizardofCroz

Nov 16, 2009, 1:25 PM
Here's the thing...

We work on commission. As soon as you asked the rep if they had open box phones, and he said no, the conversation should have been over. We aren't paid to wait on you hand and foot and call around all different stores just so someone else (who did zero work) can get the commission.

It's called self help. Try it sometime instead of bothering reps in the store and calling back acting like a child.
rainbow_metals

Nov 16, 2009, 2:11 PM
that seems a little closed minded, you still work in customer service and i think if you went to a car lot and asked if they had a certain car and they didn't and then you replied by asking if they had it at another of thier locations, they should be willing to help. from my understanding of how the law works, at least in my state, your still getting paid a per hour wage if your commission adds up to less than min wage. get over yourself.
i.hate.customers

Nov 16, 2009, 2:20 PM
People like aidan11 is why I chose the name I chose.
wizardofCroz

Nov 16, 2009, 2:58 PM
🙄 everyone thinks they deserve the world.
wizardofCroz

Nov 16, 2009, 2:48 PM
No no no... What you are saying is completely different from what happened. The person did not go into the store, as you've suggested in your "car lot" story. If I called a car dealership and asked if they had a certain type of car, and they didn't, there's no way I would ask that person to call other places for me to find out if they had said car I was looking for.

Maybe instead of learning how the law works, learn how commission works. And BS like that makes me zero commission. You need to understand something before calling me close minded: PEOPLE ACTUALLY WALK INTO THESE STORES. We do not have extra employees just to answer phones and track down an open box phone just because the person is lazy and doesn't want to find one him/hersel...
(continues)
rainbow_metals

Nov 17, 2009, 12:35 PM
nevertheless, it is people like you that give the company a bad name in customer service. Who pays your commission? the company so any customer of the company should be a customer of yours. what store do you work for by the way so i never go or call there.
Researcher

Nov 17, 2009, 1:52 PM
Very well said!
wizardofCroz

Nov 17, 2009, 2:58 PM
it is people like you that give the company a bad name in customer service.

And it's people like you and the OP who give customers a bad name because you are helpless.

Who pays your commission?

I'll tell you what DOESN'T pay my commission, going on scavenger hunts for people who aren't buying from me.

so any customer of the company should be a customer of yours

No, they shouldn't. Now, IF for instance all of the commission around my company was equally distributed and given out to our sales reps, then I would completely agree with you. Because who cares who gets the sale? I will still get a little portion out of everyone's sales...BUUUTTTT it doesn't ...
(continues)
ecycled

Nov 18, 2009, 11:41 AM
wizardofCroz said:
Every store in the nation. Please don't call here and ask me to search something that you could do yourself.

Awesome answer
rainbow_metals

Nov 18, 2009, 1:01 PM
not a very good assumption, i am not a customer, just a believer in good customer service which is my job.
wizardofCroz

Nov 18, 2009, 1:39 PM
i am not a customer

So you have never purchased anything from any type of business? If you are part of the 99.99% of people capable enough to type on a keyboard, you fall into the "customer" category.
aidan11

Nov 16, 2009, 2:31 PM
your perception of customer service is completely warped, your job isn't just sales. you're customer service. you're the reason sales reps are stereo typed that way. You must have have forgotten what your job title was. I've been working in this industry for 9 years, and the majority of it was spent in stores as a commissioned associate just like you, but I knew I had to do more than just figure out ways to line my pockets. I'm sure your companies business model is not to mistreat the people who are not buying. why do you have a phone if all customers are doing is wasting your time? obviously your greed has affected your ability to care about your customers. you know, the people that make it possible for you to have a pay check?! that type o...
(continues)
wizardofCroz

Nov 16, 2009, 2:56 PM
Your perception of my job title is completely warped. You think I make money answering the phone and tracking down an open box phone that you'll buy somewhere else? Stop being lazy and do it yourself. No one cares how long you've been in the industry, nor how long you've been a customer or blah blah blah. The employee had every right to cut off the conversation because your demands were ridiculous. If you saw it online, get it online, or call around, but don't expect reps in the store to go on a scavenger hunt for you when we have people just like you, who aren't lazy @$$es, that actually come into the store to request help.

I think the problem you have is that you think by calling my store, you are automatically my customer. WRONG. If yo...
(continues)
aidan11

Nov 16, 2009, 3:18 PM
I'm sure your manager would think differently, good luck on the unemployment line when your dum@ss gets fired. Your the reason call centers are flooded with calls complaining about horrible experiences in the store. thanks for fitting your stereo type. you act like people should blindly waste gas driving around. Do your job!! You are in the retail sales industry!!!! If it's to much for you, then seek other work, it obvious sounds like you're a little fragile, maybe this kind of work is a bit to much for you. 🤣
wizardofCroz

Nov 16, 2009, 3:41 PM
Yeah I'm going to get fired because retarded customers call my store and ask me to perform ridiculous acts while I'm trying to assist people who actually value my time. I'm sure my manager would back me up on any situation like that. Once again, it's not my job, nor any other rep in the store to hunt down a non existing phone for you. He gave you the information he knew, and for you to get upset at the fact that he actually has paying customers and zero time to research something that you, YOURSELF could do, well, doesn't really amaze me because people like you think they deserve the world without putting forth any effort. Unless you live in a cave with no internet, you can easily find another phone number to another store.

"You are in ...
(continues)
famoussasjohn

Nov 16, 2009, 4:04 PM
but the customer having to do it themselves causes such an inconvenience and causing them to actually do something for themselves. 😳

if the rep can't help and tells you he is busy, shut the hell up and call the other store, how hard is it?
Coil

Nov 17, 2009, 1:50 PM
You don't want to be a customer you want some bs that has nothing to do with the store. It's called GOOGLE.

w
w
w
g
o
o
g
l
e
c
o
m

It would take you less time to search google than it would to call up these stores.
chuckie

Nov 17, 2009, 1:57 PM
couldn't have summed it up better myself! 🤣
Coil

Nov 17, 2009, 1:44 PM
aidan11 said:
here is the bottom line, don't be a d*ck, and you won't get harassed by angry customers.

No the bottomline is next time you want to get information from a vendor on where to buy THEIR product somewhere else so SOMEONE ELSE makes money off of it use www.google.com genius.
Tomdg07

Nov 17, 2009, 7:19 PM
back up a minute... did u call a sales rep at his sales location or did you call customer service??? im not sure if you would have got a cus service rep willing to go on a goose chase for u but u are complaining that you didn't receive customer service from a sales rep, we may work for the same company but theres a difference btwn cus service and a retail SALES location, the sales reps focus is on selling you whats in his store not anything else, sure he could have offered you to come see his inventory but you where informed he dosnt have what u want and that should have been end of conversation 🤨 🤨
kapwww

Nov 17, 2009, 10:06 PM
If you want a "deal" then why the hell shouldn't you be the one that has to hunt for it???? If it didn't require a little work, then it wouldn't be a deal and everyone would have 'em. Are you really so self-absorbed that you think the rest of the world should bend to your laziness??? Do you also expect a free reach around with every purchase? I would blown you off too. Get real.
dualitycomplex

Nov 17, 2009, 11:07 PM
I'm a manager at my location and my decree thats right the word of the lord and master himself duality complex, in my location is that "Customer's inside the store location come first, Customer's you have sold an item to calling in for assistance come second, customers inquiring about stock they will come in and look at come third, walk ins from other stores wanting the help they did not recieve at their point of sale come fourth, and people who are "time wasters" which aiden is, come dead last, and are to be hung up on as soon as a warm body walks through the front door, if not sooner. And I would and have backed my team up when a complaint of this nature comes my way, That person is not a Loyal Customer of my Location and does not deserve...
(continues)
dualitycomplex

Nov 17, 2009, 10:58 PM
I went to burger king today and asked for a big mac, the pimple faced kid behind the counter looked at me as if i was retarded, and stated that I could not get a big mac here since it was Burger King and they sell Whoppers, So I asked him to call over to McDonald's Down the road and see if they had any Big Mac's in, You know what he did, he stared at me and called "NEXT!" over my shoulder to the line of people waiting behind me on their lunch break who were getting very pissed off for me wasting the employee and their time. I called into the store manager at that Burger King and demanded a free meal for the horrible customer service I recieved they hung up on me, I will be writing a letter to Burger King Coroprate demanding satasifaction. ...
(continues)
chocosong87

Nov 17, 2009, 11:41 PM
I like you. alot.
wizardofCroz

Nov 18, 2009, 12:26 PM
Same thing happened to me, except the Mcdonalds i went to did not have "almost burnt fries".. I LOVE ALMOST BURNT FRENCH FRIES!! So i told the acne ridden youngster that I'm willing to drive a little ways to get some almost burnt fries, to my dismay I was treated with the same god forsaken customer service as you, Mr. complex. What is wrong with this country?? You can't get someone to work for you without paying them? Shame on you America.
pizzas not for breakfast

Nov 18, 2009, 10:02 AM
If a customer called me and was playing brian adams through his phone, it would make my day. Brain Adams has a sexy voice.
love2transfercustomers

Nov 18, 2009, 3:25 PM
🤨
wirelessbox

Nov 18, 2009, 11:22 AM
There is a CUSTOMER SERVICE line. 611.
aidan11

Nov 18, 2009, 2:23 PM
i agree, but the problem that was stated in my previous post was that not all stores sell open box phones, and customer care does not have the information for the stores in any given area, it only says that it may be availble, and to contact the store for more info. I know when i worked in the stores, we all kept in contact with each other, this is common knowledge, and a simple yes or no would have suffiaced, and if you didn't know, asking someone else, like I duno a manager would not have taken more than a moment. If you choose to treat your customers like a burden it just shows a lack of disregaurd for you position. common courtesy is not something that goes out the window the moment you get a sales job, infact it should be practiced more...
(continues)
wizardofCroz

Nov 18, 2009, 2:43 PM
concearns

college proffeser

Maybe instead of manners in kindergarden you should have paid attention to spelling class in 3rd grade. And by the way, you have a lot of nerve talking about peoples' manners when you acted like a child and crank called the store.

As many people, including myself, have already said to you, if you want a deal on a cheap open box phone (that most stores do not carry) then call around. Stop taking up the time of paying customers and store reps just to save your own time. Are you really that thick headed that you think everyone in the wireless community should cater to your needs?

You keep saying it's our job this, it's our job to do that. Please tell me...
(continues)
dualitycomplex

Nov 18, 2009, 4:37 PM
if you lack disregard then you are regarding....are you sure you didnt mean to say that the sales person lacked regard or that he was simply disregarding.. 🤨
wirelessbox

Nov 18, 2009, 4:42 PM
Bet you he's gonna have to read that at least 6 times.
wizardofCroz

Nov 18, 2009, 4:47 PM
A college profeser could probably answer the concearn you have.
Rachelann993

Nov 19, 2009, 3:05 PM
I have to almost completely agree with wizard... i mean when customers have stupid requests i do usually get them done and with a smile but inside i want to tell them to get the f*** outta my store or call someone who cares... Thing is i work in a small town, we are the only corporate store, all other sprint retailers are 3rd party if we didnt have the phone you were looking for and u asked me to find out who did i would tell you we are NOT associated with other locations, because we are not... thats like me calling verizon or att to see about a phone for you... not gunna happen!!! And if you said you were in retail and on commision for a while then why the hell are you shopping online and taking money away from reps.... NOTHING MAKES ME MOR...
(continues)
wizardofCroz

Nov 19, 2009, 3:09 PM
🤨 May I ask why you only "almost completely agree" with me?
Rachelann993

Nov 19, 2009, 3:14 PM
lol only because it sounded like you actually blow customers off if their not buying... i have to humor those annoying idiots, but im just not happy about it!! lol
wizardofCroz

Nov 19, 2009, 3:18 PM
No, that isn't the case at all. If they are in my store I will gladly help them with anything, within reason. If they call in and expect me to disengage from someone who may be buying something, just because said caller is too lazy or dumb to find the number him/herself, they have another thing coming...

Now do you completely agree with me? 😁
Rachelann993

Nov 19, 2009, 3:29 PM
completely agreed! 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.