Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

kind of confused about this one

matonater

Nov 15, 2009, 2:40 PM
customer comes in and tells me her phone wont come on. I try to turn it on and no such luck. so I ask her is it charged up she says no its not. I plug it in and turn it on. she leaves... I just dont get it.
wirelessbox

Nov 15, 2009, 2:42 PM
did she leave without the phone?
matonater

Nov 15, 2009, 2:50 PM
no I gave it back to her and told her to go home and charge it she said ok
GraGG

Nov 15, 2009, 2:43 PM
do you let them have the benefit of the doubt and say maybe their home charger dosent work, or do you go all the way and say "how the hell did you expect it to work if the battery is dead? 🤨 "... i vote for the second
matonater

Nov 15, 2009, 2:49 PM
I axed her what she was doing to try and turn it on. she told me pushing the button that turns it off. she was doing it correctly just kept trying with a dead battery
GraGG

Nov 15, 2009, 2:54 PM
i always ask if its charging when they plug it in, they always say yes, then i show them how it works fine on my charger 🤣
Menno

Nov 15, 2009, 2:47 PM
I had a similar situation.. customer came to my store and complained that her phone she bought a week ago no longer turned on. I plugged it in and it worked right away. apparently phones that require charging are the exception rather than the rule here?
matonater

Nov 15, 2009, 2:49 PM
you mean they are not powered by fuel cells
Menno

Nov 15, 2009, 2:50 PM
I heard all new cellphones charged themselves if you just put them under a lamp.. the power cords are just there for the greedy sales people to make more money.
matonater

Nov 15, 2009, 2:51 PM
exactly magnetic induction from the lamp
meeshxsmith

Nov 15, 2009, 6:58 PM
You'll get used to it.

Cx: My battery does not work.
Me: Have you tried to charge it for 12 hours over night
Cx: I'm supposed to do that?
Me: Yes, before you activate the phone.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.