Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 26 replies

my first celeb call in ..

ulcards

Oct 22, 2009, 8:02 PM
I just took a call from lorence maroney RB from the Pats, he called intl roam dept which is me and was going to London. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
PSTpst

Oct 22, 2009, 10:18 PM
yeah.....sure you did ๐Ÿ™„
ulcards

Oct 22, 2009, 10:24 PM
no its no joke i got the call the discount was under "national football league employee" i was like cool and asked someone next to me who it was he stated it was the RB for the Pats cause i had no clue.
ulcards

Oct 22, 2009, 10:26 PM
and then found out they were playing the tampa in london which i had no idea they even did that.
wizardofCroz

Oct 23, 2009, 10:58 AM
Mike Cameron, center fielder for the Brewers came into the store a few months ago. He cussed like a sailor. He wanted his password to be @$$hole...sorry Mike only numeric characters allowed
60dollarcarcharger

Oct 23, 2009, 6:16 PM
London from Daisy of Love was here the other day,

He used to work for indirect... pretty nice guy, not as douchey as the show
justchillin

Oct 26, 2009, 8:29 PM
I thought london was kind of gorgeous
GraGG

Oct 23, 2009, 8:10 PM
sent him to customer service? ๐Ÿคจ
ulcards

Oct 23, 2009, 8:19 PM
๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿ˜•
GraGG

Oct 23, 2009, 8:29 PM
take care of that? or even his assistant or something? i deal with 6 san jose sharks players and i do everything for them, they just call me on my cell, and i call cust care for them ๐Ÿ˜•
ulcards

Oct 23, 2009, 9:12 PM
not sure if the reps assigned to his acct had access to add the international plans he needed but who knows, but as far as it being him and not an assistant was odd to me but he said he had no prob doing the calling. and he was a very cool guy, most big peeps like him will rush off the call but he accually did alot of just talking about random stuff i just thought it was cool was my first celeb i got the whole 3 yrs ive been here.
GraGG

Oct 24, 2009, 2:58 PM
it was just someone with the same name? ๐Ÿ˜•
ulcards

Oct 24, 2009, 3:22 PM
Had the NFL discount and he at the end told me who he was and why he was traveling and they have a game their against tampa. He didnt say what team he was on but my cubbie buddie told me cause he just stated he was a RB, and i dont follow the pats so I had to ask somene else.
GraGG

Oct 24, 2009, 3:23 PM
thats pretty cool, i wonder how big the nfl discount is ๐Ÿ˜ณ
justchillin

Oct 26, 2009, 8:37 PM
like they really need a discount
llama

Oct 24, 2009, 9:55 AM
a privacy violation?
PHONESCOOP LORD

Oct 24, 2009, 2:03 PM
๐Ÿ‘€
bigmike99s

Oct 24, 2009, 7:28 PM
why is he gonna sue because he had to call a call center. the poster did not put up the number or carrier or anything just that he talked to a guy... no privacy issue there....
llama

Oct 25, 2009, 1:03 PM
ulcards said:
I just took a call from lorence maroney RB from the Pats, he called intl roam dept which is me and was going to London. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Lorence Maroney from the NE Patriots is going to London...

It's nobody else's business where any customer is going, famous or not...
simmeon

Oct 26, 2009, 12:33 PM
Pats were playing in London. So it was kinda common knowledge. But still may be a violoation
matonater

Oct 26, 2009, 7:24 PM
the fact that he changed his rate plan is would make it a privacy violation
Chromemember

Oct 26, 2009, 6:09 PM
I have spoke with Marie Osmond before
erc

Oct 27, 2009, 12:48 PM
I used to work at a store in Bloomington Indiana, and had helped NBA players Jared Jeffries and Eric Gordon, as well as IU basketball Coach Tom Crean and IU Football Coach Bill Lynch. Also I went to high school with backup point guard for the San Antonio Spurs George Hill and have helped him at my current store. Also I helped out the President of the LPGA.
britsmarie

Oct 28, 2009, 4:34 PM
I've had on semi celebrity call in.

Glenn McDuffie-- he was the same age, from the same city, had the Veteran's discount and actually talked about the picture.

He's 81-- getting old so I wasn't too perturbed he liked to talk about himself-- but it turns out the guy really was the sailor in the VJDay picture-- the one of the sailor kissing the nurse?

In all the history books, I always loved that picture! I actually got to talk to him.

I was honored. ๐Ÿ™‚
skibum

Oct 30, 2009, 11:06 AM
I have had Allen Iverson come into my store when he played for Denver. He would only buy the Razr2 and always was forgetting his charger at hotels. The other dday I activated service for the former CEO of FOX and ABC. I have also sold phones to pro skiers. Colorado is full of famous people. J R Smith has also come into my store. i did not help him though..
NEPats726420

Oct 30, 2009, 12:38 PM
at tmob i worked in the mall that all the UCONN people went to........rudy gay, hasheem thabeet, marcus williams, hilton armstrong, emeka okafor, diana taursi, and many more!!
jeffatt

Oct 30, 2009, 2:06 PM
Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana came in to one of our stores a couple months ago. She needed a car charger for her BB Curve.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.