Oct 16, 2009, 4:57 PM
Who gets more crazies?
xexy

Oct 16, 2009, 5:11 PM
call center
ecycled

Oct 16, 2009, 5:14 PM
Store.

Here's why I think that. I call the center when I need help. I'm professional and courteous plus I know what I want and what needs to be done.

In store, you get the ppl who can't turn their phone on...Really, who are they calling? No one. Plus, we get the old ppl all day, the low credit and other carriers morons who want to switch or got lost and ended up in here.
CinBellguy12

Oct 16, 2009, 5:29 PM
Store and the reason why there is no barrier between the rep and the customer. Plus the angry is directed at you and you can not mute it.
ecycled

Oct 16, 2009, 5:32 PM
CinBellguy12 said:
Store and the reason why there is no barrier between the rep and the customer. Plus the angry is directed at you and you can not mute it.

I do hit the mute button in my head though when they start repeating the same thing and I already know the answer.
xexy

Oct 16, 2009, 5:53 PM
we get the SAME thing in call centers, you are one of the RARE few people that is professional and curtoius to us, or even knows what they want. plus we deal with more idiots in sheer numbers on a daily bsis
CinBellguy12

Oct 16, 2009, 5:55 PM
idots are one thing but i mean the crazies.the ones you think would kill you or when you leave work have slashed your tires.
SMR1990

Oct 16, 2009, 6:01 PM
oh man and the hick area Im from some of the people that come in here freak me out. Not to mention my stores in an out of the way section and everything is closed and shut down by the time I have to leave and there are no lights to light the parking lot. Not to mention Im the only one at the store and only 5'4 and 1150 lbs. So when I get wierd men at the end of the night it always freaks me out.

I lock the store doors early and scan the parking lot for cars or anything before I leave and I always have my keys and phone in hand.
xexy

Oct 16, 2009, 6:18 PM
well if youre 1150 lbs i wouldnt worry about anything honestly...
xexy

Oct 16, 2009, 6:19 PM
let me rephrase that actually, id be worried, but it wouldnt be other people that worried me
rigoni

Oct 18, 2009, 12:06 PM
we are no longer allowed to give out our location due to multiple bomb threats, thats all i have to say i can only say somewhere in NY
SMR1990

Oct 16, 2009, 6:21 PM
typo my bad. I guess I had it coming since I didnt proof read that. lol But just to clear it up Im only 115. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
shada123

Oct 18, 2009, 12:16 PM
actually i had a supervisor who took a call and threatened to blow her house up but i just laugh cuz they have no idea where we are ๐Ÿคฃ
ecycled

Oct 16, 2009, 7:13 PM
xexy said:
we get the SAME thing in call centers, you are one of the RARE few people that is professional and curtoius to us, or even knows what they want. plus we deal with more idiots in sheer numbers on a daily bsis

That really makes me sad. โ˜น๏ธ I couldn't do what you do in a call center. Not just because I can't talk on a phone very long, but just because ppl have such a negative impression of over the phone service. Telemarketers and outsourcing ruined expectations.
meeshxsmith

Oct 16, 2009, 7:37 PM
In call center I deal with about a dozen crazies every day.

In retail I did have my moments but it was not an every day thing.

But here at the call center I can get paid for waiting for a call which is sweet!
xexy

Oct 18, 2009, 12:04 PM
meeshxsmith said:
In call center I deal with about a dozen crazies every day.

In retail I did have my moments but it was not an every day thing.

But here at the call center I can get paid for waiting for a call which is sweet!

yeah, unless youre in que all day so youre taking back to back calls, then that sucks

and in retail you get paid to stand o.o
meeshxsmith

Oct 18, 2009, 3:00 PM
Before this call center I worked two years in retail. I have a back promblem so I got permission from my DDO to bring my own stool.

So on Tuesdays-Thursdays, I got paid to sit ๐Ÿ˜›.

We have our back to back call days, but today is Sunday so that means Slow day.
USCCFANINKS

Oct 17, 2009, 11:21 AM
I work in a Call Center now & spent 2 & 1/2 years working Tech Support in a store, Give me call center work anyday. I watched my manager take a phone to the head by a customer, customers get escourted out by the police, ungodly ugly people who should not be aloud out of their house, & morons who shouldn't be parents. I get some crazies on the phone, but like someone else said, there is the Mute button (which I love) & not having to look at them...
jeffatt

Oct 17, 2009, 12:22 PM
Call centers probably get volume of "I've been a customer for ten thousand years! I demand a credit!" type customers, but the REALLY crazy people are too stupid to know how to call customer service.

So guess who gets them?
meeshxsmith

Oct 18, 2009, 3:01 PM
The stores. Poor store reps.
Crapbag

Oct 17, 2009, 12:41 PM
Call Centers probably get more angry customers simply because of hold times and accessiblity. However, you have a seperation between you and the customer. You can hold them, mute them, or drop them in transfer when you apparently have no idea what you're doing(gotten that more often than I should). So you get the crazier customers but have tools at hand other than a stern look and suggestion they leave your store.
meeshxsmith

Oct 18, 2009, 3:02 PM
I wonder sometimes if people act mad just because they are on the phone. Like the internet phenonemon.
CinBellguy12

Oct 18, 2009, 3:41 PM
I would agree.... they act tough cuase they can act as tough as they want with out an repercasions
jeffatt

Oct 17, 2009, 12:59 PM
Not to mention people treat a customer service reps words like they are the damn bible. If for whatever reason a cust svc rep gives incorrect information, it's us at the store who are lying and apparently trying to scam the customer.

"They told me over the phone" has to be one of my most hated phrases to hear from customers.

Look you idiot customer, I don't give a rats a$$ what they told you on the phone. This is how it is.
Crapbag

Oct 17, 2009, 1:17 PM
A customer came in today. He hadn't set up his voicemail in the first 30 days of his account activation. With my carrier it suspends the service if you don't set it up. In order to activate it you have to call in to customer care. He did. Care reset it. They then try to trouble shoot the guys phone. They end up telling him to come to a store and get a new sim card for free. I take a look at his phone and his sim is in backwards. He gets mad that I won't replace it after I set up his voicemail and confirm his phone is working fine. I'm an agent and don't plan on burning a card for nothing.

He's now going to go to a cor store and replace the sim because some dumbass on the phone told him he needed to. Regardless of the fact I set...
(continues)
meeshxsmith

Oct 18, 2009, 3:04 PM
That's why I try not to tell them over the phone to do anything. "Just go to the store and they will help you out." in these situations.
ikissgirls

Oct 17, 2009, 1:06 PM
We all get our share of crazies... the ones that get set up in the store end up calling in at some point.

Situations may be different in a call center (no physical harm from custs, no one handing us lube, no one walking in naked, etc);
But we do get our share of crazies. People find it easier to insult reps when they can't see them face-to-face, we get the lonely drunk people who call in, the lonely old people (which jack up our AHT).

Plus, it's more difficult to explain to a dummie what the paperwork looks like when we need a tracking number or order number for ex, over the phone. If we were there in person, we could look for ourselves, lol.

I admire you in store reps- you have to stand on your feet, and you don't get to roll y...
(continues)
Crapbag

Oct 17, 2009, 1:18 PM
Cute girls come in and renew accounts. Following activation, they ask you to transfer information, but be warned there may be stuff you don't want to see. Did I mention they were cute?
ikissgirls

Oct 17, 2009, 1:19 PM
There ya go.
xexy

Oct 18, 2009, 12:13 PM
Crapbag said:
Cute girls come in and renew accounts. Following activation, they ask you to transfer information, but be warned there may be stuff you don't want to see. Did I mention they were cute?

stores are now FOREVER the better job
CinBellguy12

Oct 18, 2009, 3:37 PM
But there is the reverse side of that to.... dudes and there members and chicks that should never leave the house that have the same kinda info.
xexy

Oct 18, 2009, 3:42 PM
CinBellguy12 said:
But there is the reverse side of that to.... dudes and there members and chicks that should never leave the house that have the same kinda info.

but the one cute girl that you "accidentally" copied her info on your micro sd card makes all those nasties worth it
RichiesGirl

Oct 18, 2009, 2:48 PM
On average I would say that Call Centers generate more crazies as we deal with more custies... But who gets the crazies that are the craziest??? ๐Ÿคจ Call Centers prolly get more of 'em, but the stores have to deal with ppl in person which means they may com physically in contact with a custy. idk.
Researcher

Oct 19, 2009, 7:20 PM
In call centers we can hang up on a crazy. Stores have them in front of them. I have spent years in retail stores. Call centers are at least....safer!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.