Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

Should I call them?

ecycled

Oct 12, 2009, 12:44 PM
Customer comes in "bought" a phone at walmart, which is literally across the street. Says his voicemail isn't working and he took it back to them and they didn't know how to work on it.

Should I call them and tell them if they can't do anything to stop selling phones. WTH! Seriously all they had to do was put the guy on with customer service.

Turned out he had a iphone which is different voicemail so it needed to be reinstated to normal voicemail.

ugh!
krickt

Oct 12, 2009, 12:48 PM
It won't do any good. Nobody over there knows how to do anything but do an ESN/MEID change or a plain activation.
ecycled

Oct 12, 2009, 1:11 PM
Might make me feel better.
krickt

Oct 12, 2009, 1:14 PM
naw they'll just infuriate you.
Coil

Oct 13, 2009, 11:32 AM
walmart cell phone kiosks are run through an outside agency and the computer system is designed only for new/upgrades... there are no 'esn/meid change's - those have to be called in.
ollywolf

Oct 12, 2009, 1:37 PM
You think Wal Mart is bad? Radio Shack is selling mobile service and they are just as bad now.
mist668

Oct 12, 2009, 1:40 PM
Used to work at radiosahck.... basically we had a computer that would ask for the information one thing at a time. So you can understand we had a limited system, just like walmart(no I do not work there) so unless we do it every day there would be no way in hell we could troubleshoot phones. And at least troubleshoot with a unrestricted corporate like computer.
ollywolf

Oct 12, 2009, 1:43 PM
That I can undstand, but when an representive calls from there to me in the sales department to get the ban number and gets mad at me when I try to explain that I can not do that for I am in sales and that the only way I can set up an account is by placing the order myself and by doing that I would get the credit, well that kinda makes me alittle mad.
mist668

Oct 12, 2009, 1:57 PM
Yes, I would completely understand that. I usually called Care if I ran into an issue at the shack.
Coil

Oct 13, 2009, 11:36 AM
Should have called activations.
Ask The Shack

Oct 13, 2009, 9:27 AM
I don't know what you're talking about. When I worked there, and they sold Verizon, with their EROES system, I was able to add, or remove any features I wanted. Heck, if I wanted to be a jerk, I could remove VM entirely.

Then again, they may have changed it since I've been there, but I could do a lot of things, you just godda know what you're doing.
Coil

Oct 13, 2009, 11:35 AM
I'll tell you what she's talking about. See that gavatar of a tiny dragon tattoo that is probably like 2 inches max? Yeah she's real bad ass with a 2 inch dragon tattoo... so bad ass it deserves online recognition. On the other hand, no, radioshack uses the same activation systems as the carriers (watson, icam, eroes, telegance, etc) there are only a couple options that are left out like the ability to add account notes. She has 0 understanding of what she is talking about.
krickt

Oct 12, 2009, 1:40 PM
I won't argue with you there. I'm a franchise and I don't sell RadioShack's wireless brands, we are an agency for another carrier. We work very hard to do our job right, but soooooo many of the other RS's don't worry about it. Just start hackin' away at the computer and let customer service fix it later, seems to be their motto.
ecycled

Oct 12, 2009, 2:37 PM
Yeah how many of those have to get fixed are crazy. 2 seperate rate plans instead of 1 family plan, Walmart does that alot also.
krickt

Oct 12, 2009, 3:50 PM
I know... Thank the stars above that Walmart (and almost all RadioShacks) don't sell my carrier. I'd have to go postal or something.
ecycled

Oct 12, 2009, 4:12 PM
Yeah you would. Perfect word = Postal
Coil

Oct 13, 2009, 11:38 AM
Do you actually own a kricket store?
Coil

Oct 13, 2009, 11:41 AM
Oh you have no credit? Oh you want the cheapest possible price plan that absolutely no one else can compete with because we have no ****ing coverage with no contract and the ****tiest cell phone? Here you go sir...

pffft sales, more like hot dog stand slinging
Coil

Oct 13, 2009, 11:30 AM
What you do is tell him only the place that sold it can help him.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.