Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 75 replies

WHAT AM I ASKING YOU TO DO!

wowwataday

Sep 25, 2009, 1:43 PM
Me: Can i have the PIN to your acct
Cust: its 123456
Me: mmm nope srry thats not it, do u have another.
Cust: is it, 654321
Me: nope srry, do u have another?
Cust: is it 321654
Me: nope srry, well im gonna xfer you to cust care and they would be more than happy to assist you.
Cust: NO NO NO NO WAIT WAIT! let me call my husband he should know, DONT HANG UP!
(cust 3 way calls her husband)
Cust: honey do you have the pin?
Cust 2: yeah honey its 987654
Me:mmm nope srry i need to xfer you to cust care and they will be happy to give it to you.
Cust 2: NO WAIT, let me call my boss she might know.
(omg! who else knows the f***ing pin! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ then the wife started talking to me so i wont hang up this is 8 mins into the call)
Cust: im re...
(continues)
jeffatt

Sep 25, 2009, 2:52 PM
I know you probably get scored somehow on your handle time, but that's a really crappy thing to do. Lying to customers & forcing unnecessary transfers is the unfortunate stereotype given to call center workers, You're doing nothing but living up to that stereotype.
wowwataday

Sep 25, 2009, 3:02 PM
ok first of all i didnt care about the average handle time which is important but still i didnt care and second of all you can only try giving me your pin/password 3 times they gave it to me 5 times, i was suppose to xfer them by the 3rd pin, so if i were to go into the acct by the 5th pin ill get in trouble. any thing else u like to add?
jeffatt

Sep 25, 2009, 3:07 PM
That should have been explained in your post. I was in no position to assume that there was some sort of limit to the guesses based on your discussion with them.

Why did you keep talking to them? Just tell them after 3 guesses they have to be transferred.
doomtroll

Sep 25, 2009, 3:15 PM
"Why did you keep talking to them? Just tell them after 3 guesses they have to be transferred."

Because sometimes they get it, and first call resolution is a big thing that we try to go for. Its a juggling act...
ecycled

Sep 25, 2009, 7:19 PM
Jeffatt is right, just say I'm sorry after 3 guesses you must speak with a care rep *transfer*

Its not about getting it. The rule is 3, then transfer and wowwataday said getting in at 5 tries gets him in trouble. Sounds like a done deal at 3.

First call resolution, is great... he transferred anyway at 5.
wowwataday

Sep 25, 2009, 4:26 PM
because im not suppose to say that until i had enough i told him that lie, if i were to tell them that they can only try 3 times theyre gonna say "aww but why i know i can do it this time and blah blah blah" which has happened before. once they cant get it on the 3rd try i have to xfer them to cust care.
LadyGaGa

Sep 27, 2009, 9:44 AM
u r a damn liar thats what you are ๐Ÿ‘€
TheVole

Sep 29, 2009, 7:08 PM
Liar!!! Phony! this guys just a big phony!!
LadyGaGa

Sep 27, 2009, 9:43 AM
hes lying... that is complete BS not to mention he could have vrfd the security question in place of the pin ๐Ÿคจ
taco50

Sep 26, 2009, 12:26 PM
You could have helped the customer. You were being lazy by transferring her. Sorry, but you're in the wrong here. Not good for sprint that you work for them
wowwataday

Sep 26, 2009, 1:24 PM
umm dumbass you can only try to verify the acct 3 times after that you have to xfer them to cust care because it can be considered fraud and ill get fired! its like saying you'll give me $100 if i guess the number you are thinking from 1-10 and you only give me 3 tries and i get all 3 tries wrong and i know i can get it on the 4th try but you wont let me does that mean your lazy to not give me another try????
gr-nm4ever

Sep 26, 2009, 1:58 PM
MAN THEYR PICKING ON U TODAY!!!!!

IM SORRY I WOULDVE DONE THE SAME THING>>> IM ON UR SIDE
LadyGaGa

Sep 27, 2009, 9:47 AM
LIAR ๐Ÿ˜ณ
LadyGaGa

Sep 27, 2009, 9:38 AM
bullsh*t you are just crappy at what you do i agree w/jeffatt
doomtroll

Sep 25, 2009, 3:02 PM
sorry to burst your bubble but he gave the customer more chances then we are aloud to...they get three chances max...then they get transfered to customer care
LadyGaGa

Sep 27, 2009, 9:48 AM
SECURITY QUESTION ๐Ÿคจ
Coil

Sep 27, 2009, 3:44 PM
diiiiiiiiiir *drool on self* sprint only hires the best *diiiiiir*
wowwataday

Sep 27, 2009, 3:48 PM
EWWW DUDE u drool on yourself? thats nasty
Coil

Sep 27, 2009, 3:40 PM
jeffatt said:
Lying to customers & forcing unnecessary transfers is the unfortunate stereotype given to call center workers, You're doing nothing but living up to that stereotype.

YAY SPRINT
wowwataday

Sep 27, 2009, 3:43 PM
yay!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚
GraGG

Sep 25, 2009, 8:27 PM
sprint call centers suck
gr-nm4ever

Sep 26, 2009, 2:09 PM
WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO

sprint is one of the strongest accounts right now in the call center so i dont know where u get ur info..... ๐Ÿคจ
LadyGaGa

Sep 27, 2009, 9:49 AM
very true.... sprint is doing very well... but its stupid ppl like wowwhataday who make sprint still look bad ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
wowwataday

Sep 27, 2009, 10:26 AM
actually i dont make it look bad because i have one of the highest scores in Quality for sprint ๐Ÿ™‚ not for aht though, its not good, that is the only way i make it look bad but thats it
809Papynegro

Sep 28, 2009, 4:29 PM
sprint sucks assssssssssssssssssssssssss....
Mafdet

Sep 27, 2009, 7:57 AM
well for one thing if you werent going to help them you should have just tranfered them regardless instead of wasting time on the call and i also believe you could have verified the acc. in a different way
wowwataday

Sep 27, 2009, 8:18 AM
wow! you people and your ridiculous opinions! like i said before! i can only give them 3 tries! not 1 or 5 or 10 or 2 or 0! ITS 3! if they try once i can not automatically say i have to xfer you i will get in trouble and i can not give them 5 tries which i did because i couldnt say "STOP GUESSING!" i did not do anything wrong! im tired of you guys saying "you couldve helped her man, you being lazy". no i was doing my job and i guarantee you i wouldnt get in trouble for that call.
Mafdet

Sep 27, 2009, 9:44 AM
well if you lied at the 10th time why didn't you save your self some time and lied at the 3rd time? I mean since you are so worried about AHT.. why do you even post here if you are not going to like what other people say or think?
wowwataday

Sep 27, 2009, 10:18 AM
because i didnt think i needed to lie at the 3rd, if u read it again i said it twice that i needed to xfer them until they started calling everybody to get the information. im not worried about my a.h.t because ive had 45 min calls and 30 min calls and 20 min calls and ive posted here before and ive never received critism by hypocrits like you and dont look all innocent cause ive bet youve done something in that situation or similar and let me ask you something if im filing a claim and it clearly states that you can only try and process the credit card information using 3 diff credit cards max or can only process the same credit card but if its not approved u can only do it an additional 2 times which is 3 in total if u dont know how to coun...
(continues)
Mafdet

Sep 27, 2009, 1:25 PM
well have you ever heard of taking ownership of a call? or going above and beyond for a cust.? i mean i have done alot of stuff, that i'm not supposed to and i'm still here, i don't think you would get fired, for a one timer unless you really suck at your job, then i would understand why you are so worried about getting fired, but other than that my mind is cleared, if i do transfer a call, its because i actually have to, in other words i have done everything i could possibly have done for them... and just out of curiosity what system do you use?
LadyGaGa

Sep 27, 2009, 9:55 AM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
wowwataday

Sep 27, 2009, 8:27 AM
ARE ANNOYING! SHUT UP! YOU GUYS DONT KNOW HOW TO DO YOUR JOB! but no worries im gonna be the one laughing when my a.h.t. is lower than yours and i keep my job for actually doing it right ๐Ÿ™‚
LadyGaGa

Sep 27, 2009, 9:39 AM
๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ™„
llama

Sep 27, 2009, 10:48 AM
Obviously you wanted others opinions...you have 2 threads about the same thing...right next to each other...

Sitting behind a phone all day seems like a real tough job. C'mon out into the real world where you have to say ish to people face-to-face then I'll listen to how tough your job is...
wowwataday

Sep 27, 2009, 10:50 AM
ive done jobs face to face sweetie and i agree its more of a pain in the ass because u cant show ur frustration in front of the cust but just because its through the phone doesnt mean its heaven on earth some ppl hate it over the phone
LadyGaGa

Sep 27, 2009, 9:36 AM
wtf???? seriously... i get it stupid cust, blah blah blah... but it sounds to me like that could have gone a lil different.. oh and btw, customer care cannot provide the pin to the cust, but u deff coulda vrfd the SQ! whatev dept. you are in i am sure you are one of those stupid ppl i hate that always xfer to care when its not needed ๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿ™„
wowwataday

Sep 27, 2009, 9:52 AM
how different could it have gotten? and WOW! u must be new did you know that there isnt always a SQ? that sometimes its just the pin and there is no SQ? did u kno that? no u didnt did you cause ur retarded and if im one of those "stupid" ppl that xfers to cust care when not needed then i wouldve been getting fired, STUPID! anything else you want to add? any questions u need me to answer?
LadyGaGa

Sep 27, 2009, 9:58 AM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
wowwataday

Sep 27, 2009, 9:59 AM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
LadyGaGa

Sep 27, 2009, 10:02 AM
eh whatever i have dun FAR worse before... sometimes ppl just get under ur skin and u wanna eff with em a lil ๐Ÿ˜‰
BIG-RICH

Sep 27, 2009, 9:48 AM
LOL...that happens alot..heres a other example..

Well it's a normal (Monday)... ๐Ÿ˜ก
It's my first call, like i normally do is present myself and ask for the CX's name to who im talking to..this is when the funny part comes in (yeah i know first call)it's takes the cx 45 sec for the cx to give me his name...

But the funny thing is that when i was asking him for the password and had to wright down his complete name, so i get frustrated, so with a smile on my face nicely i ask him for his first name again, so he tells me that (HE DOSENT KNOW)!!!...so i hear him tell the person next to him that I'm asking for his name and what SHOULD HE DO...yeah i know its sucks..but it's my job!!.. ๐Ÿ˜•
meeshxsmith

Sep 27, 2009, 7:38 PM
People get like that. Like girl A calls, gives you acct holder's name B. and girl A is not on the acct, so you tell her that the acct holder has to call and authorize her. and you make your notes and close the call. Then girl A calls back says she is acct holder B. You make the claim, because that is what you are supposed to do. Then when they want to pay their deductible they give you the name on the card as girl A. So you ask if girl A is available. And girl A says I am the card holder. And so you then have to cancel the claim because unauthorized user has made a claim.
fire4fred

Sep 27, 2009, 7:43 PM
ja! busted... the way we do it it's different as long as the credit card is goes thru, it's all about the bling bling...
meeshxsmith

Sep 27, 2009, 7:49 PM
Yeah, I asked about that but my supervisor said we needed the card holder's permission to run the card and if we don't put the correct name, the system will deny the card.
wowwataday

Sep 28, 2009, 10:45 AM
it doesnt matter about the name, we have to ask about the name but there was a lot of times where i asked for the name and they gave me the weirdest names and i would ask for them to spell and sometimes they would say idk ITS ON THE CARD! soo i tell them and sometimes they say that cant read or they cant see small letters so i try and spell it and i would know im wrong and it would still process, maybe its different with ur system
meeshxsmith

Sep 29, 2009, 4:18 PM
Probably is different in our system, or maybe I don't know the tricks of the system. I've just tried to proccess it with the customer name before, and it didn't go through. changed the name and it went through fine. That could also be a glitch as well.
famoussasjohn

Sep 29, 2009, 5:34 PM
meeshxsmith said:
Probably is different in our system, or maybe I don't know the tricks of the system. I've just tried to proccess it with the customer name before, and it didn't go through. changed the name and it went through fine. That could also be a glitch as well.

if you have access to CSM then its the same thing. this guy should read up on his M&P's that Sprint has. ๐Ÿคฃ or get some coaching.
wowwataday

Sep 28, 2009, 10:37 AM
naw its not like that, we cant process it if it fails 3 times from the same card OR fails with 3 different cards and it even says it on the screen while ur putting the information
brandtz

Sep 27, 2009, 12:51 PM
what department for sprint do you work for that you get to bail calls to customer care??

More to the point, the "get in trouble" that you are referring to is no more then the same "get in trouble" for having a high handle time, especially since you already blew it by giving them 5 shots at it, if they got it right and you still xfer'd them, you are wrong and would get in trouble.

It shouldn't have to be explained nearly as much as it has. The entire point of transferring the call via the 3 time rule was to get the pin number..you had the pin number, thus there was now no need to xfer the call, you are CALL AVOIDING, and that is actually a terminable offense, much worse then "trying 3 times and not xfer'ing the call" or high handle time...
(continues)
Mafdet

Sep 27, 2009, 1:27 PM
i give you props and i think you are right on that one! ๐Ÿ˜‰
wowwataday

Sep 27, 2009, 2:13 PM
ok first of all i wont get "in trouble" for aht like quality i will get fired for just telling you that right now. second of all your not QA so you have no idea what your talking about. 3rd the part that was my fault was when u read the post i said "they got it right the 5th time" which was a mistake cause they didnt get it right because they gave me the same number from the 4th time so that was my fault and i apologize and call avoidance basically means this.
Me: can i have the pin?
cust: 123456
Me: nope srry gotta xfer you to cust care buh bye.
thats call avoidance if QA hears that call they wont say anything cause i was right and im willing to bet money on it
brandtz

Sep 27, 2009, 3:35 PM
I'll take that bet, what's your AD number? I'll submit an IRT to have the call pulled and reveiewed to verify your side of the story.

I put in IRT's all the time for agents that shirk their job and then brag about it.
wowwataday

Sep 27, 2009, 3:46 PM
(-___-)ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz
MrGoofball

Sep 28, 2009, 11:28 AM
He's not a sprint rep. He's an asurion rep. If his p&p is after 3 tries get them to care that's what he needs to do even if they keep guessing and eventually get it right.
Mafdet

Sep 28, 2009, 8:19 AM
you are so pathetic, changeing your side of the story just when you know you are wrong ๐Ÿ™„ ... because i'm very sure you had to read that post at least 2 times after you made it...
wowwataday

Sep 28, 2009, 10:35 AM
im pathetic? im not the one being a hypocrit when i bet uve done what ive done at least once so stfu so im pathetic? yea u won that battle, anyways no i didnt change the story and no i didnt read it 2 times cause if i did i would have least checked the spelling ๐Ÿ™‚
longsleeves

Sep 27, 2009, 2:08 PM
You did not do your job.
wowwataday

Sep 27, 2009, 2:37 PM
(-___-)ZZZZZZzzzzz....zzz..ZZZZZ
Coil

Sep 27, 2009, 3:40 PM
when you are only payed hourly
Coil

Sep 27, 2009, 3:49 PM
For several years now whenever the computer is down and I have to deal with Sprint on the phone *clenches fists* ... *grits teeth* *spits on floor in angst*

If it wasn't for the new any mobile anytime plan your company would be sold off in a heartbeat.
SprintCC

Sep 27, 2009, 11:28 PM
Honestly, I've never run into a real problem with anyone I've had to call in a Sprint call center. Whether I was calling as a customer or as an employee, everything always went fine. I thought it was just a knock against Sprint because we all have to talk bad about the company we don't have or work for. But, you proved me wrong and everyone else right.

First, Care cannot give anyone their PIN number. Care cannot see a PIN. There are two ways to get them the information. First you can send it to them by the method they've set up. Second, they can take two forms of ID to a store and have it reset.

Second, lying to a customer is never the right thing to do. You performed an invalid transfer of a customer that now DID know their PIN and ...
(continues)
wowwataday

Sep 28, 2009, 10:28 AM
in the post i put it wrong it wasnt right, that why it shows in the notes that i didnt go in because the pin they gave me the 4th time wass the same as the 5th AND! ur wrong cust care CAN see the pin as well as the store rep because ive actually got a call from a store rep, they even gave me there store number, for a cust that wanted to do a claim. i asked the man for the password and he didnt kno it, he asked the sprint rep, gave the phone to the sprint rep and sprint rep gave it to me, now i know he wasnt psychic so how did he get the information? hmmm thats mystery "Next week on unsolved mysteries, the sprint store rep, psychic? or a hoax?"
Coil

Sep 28, 2009, 2:11 PM
What the hell do you mean care can not see the pin?
wowwataday

Sep 28, 2009, 2:56 PM
noooo cust care CAN! see the pin, everytime i have to talk to them about a cust and they say how did the cust verify the acct and i say with the pin and they get in. i do not give them the pin because i dont remember it, there is no need in remembering it, so can u explain to me how they get in if i nor the cust give it to cust care?
famoussasjohn

Sep 28, 2009, 3:25 PM
wowwataday said:
noooo cust care CAN! see the pin, everytime i have to talk to them about a cust and they say how did the cust verify the acct and i say with the pin and they get in. i do not give them the pin because i dont remember it, there is no need in remembering it, so can u explain to me how they get in if i nor the cust give it to cust care?

Level 3 Bypass that lets them in the account and can locate their pin in CSM without getting a PIN or security question answered. I am an Order Support agent for Sprint and there is a bypass option in CSM that lets you by-pass the PIN and security question.
so no they dont see the PIN instantly, and the account does not automatically open when you double clic...
(continues)
Coil

Sep 29, 2009, 6:04 PM
what?
Coil

Sep 28, 2009, 2:13 PM
There are two major drawbacks I believe when you lie to a customer.

a) They found out you lied and return within 30 days.

b) Complain to the right people... when this happens enough you're gone.
wowwataday

Sep 28, 2009, 3:06 PM
that doesnt make any sense, first of all how would the cust know and 30 days? u obviously dk sprint custs, they return in 30 mins for any reason. and how are they complaining if they dk anything? besides ppl have complained about me many times and you know what my sup says? he says who cares as long as im doing my job like im suppose to IT DOESNT MATTER! and i am doing my job ๐Ÿ™‚
Mafdet

Sep 28, 2009, 3:48 PM
or so you say... ๐Ÿ™„
wowwataday

Sep 28, 2009, 4:22 PM
(-___-)ZZZZZzzzzz
famoussasjohn

Sep 28, 2009, 3:52 PM
ya im sure your supervisor is just saying "whatever if hes doing it right" if the customer provided you with the correct PIN, and you denied to help them, then you are not doing your job right. You could have easily provided them information once you accessed the account since you had the correct PIN. your there to help the customer, you didn't help them by transferring them, they were already with you and you transferred them because you were to lazy to after they gave you a few incorrect pins, thats why there is a security question. incase they forget their pin.
wowwataday

Sep 28, 2009, 4:22 PM
there isnt always a security question stupid.
famoussasjohn

Sep 28, 2009, 4:29 PM
reduced authentication then. there are more than just the 2 ways of authenticating.
ask for the BAN, last bill amount and the billing name on the account. simple.
Coil

Sep 29, 2009, 6:01 PM
wowwataday said:
that doesnt make any sense, first of all how would the cust know and 30 days?

New account on sprint has a mandatory greeting call meaning the first call theymake from the cell phone goes directly to sprint. Sprint then goes over their plan to make sure exactly what they signed up for. Sprint also goes over exactly what they get billed for. This is when the customer asks them questions they may have. If they find out from them, or another sprint dealer somewhere else, or just any human being, or are capable of reading, that you lied to them...what I mentioned will happen. Everyone here will attest to that.
jeffatt

Sep 29, 2009, 6:36 PM
lol @ length of thread...glad I could help

Summary:
Here's what should've happened
Me: Can i have the PIN to your acct
Cust: its 123456
Me: mmm nope srry thats not it, do u have another.
Cust: is it, 654321
Me: nope srry, do u have another?
Cust: is it 321654
Me: nope srry, well im gonna xfer you to cust care and they would be more than happy to assist you.
Cust: NO NO NO NO WAIT WAIT! let me call my husband he should know, DONT HANG UP!
Me: I'm sorry Ms Customer, I'm unable to assist you any further. I must have you speak with Customer Care to verify your PIN before we can proceed any further.

Instead of lying to her, giving her yes/no on the other PIN guesses, etc, just leave it all out on the table, that way t...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.