Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

This is what happens when you say "I'll think about it" then come in with an online purchase.

Guy Montag

Sep 15, 2009, 7:45 PM
So a guy came in and asked about the magnet. I went over the features of it, the price, how it effects his account on an upgrade, etc. He says, I'll think about it.

He comes back in today, about a week later, with a Magnet purchased online. He wants to transfer his picture and ringtones. I decide to be nice and try. Magnet doesn't do BT file transfer. Sorry buddy. I set up his head set and tell him he'll have to re-download or have someone insert their sim and MMS them.

He asks about set up and I tell him to call the 888 number in the instructions. He asks again about the pics and ringtones. I tell him how to go about it. He asks if that's something I can do. I lie and say I'm limited on the number of text messages I get...
(continues)
Mr. Brown

Sep 15, 2009, 8:00 PM
You snooze you lose, well they lose.
Guy Montag

Sep 15, 2009, 8:13 PM
All I could think was, dude, you've got some audacity.
Verde321

Sep 16, 2009, 1:20 AM
Hope you got the features on the account at least.
mrpmpfan

Sep 16, 2009, 5:41 AM
I love this paticular type of customer one who has you jump through all the hoops knowing darn well that you work on comission and then stabs you in the back and orders it online. You helped him farther than I would have. Also I love the ones who have unlocked exclusive phones (BB Storm) and try to bring it to AT&T.

The joke is on him for buying a magnet.
jeffatt

Sep 16, 2009, 9:51 AM
That's just it, I think a lot of people believe we're hourly and simply here to service their every little request.
ecycled

Sep 16, 2009, 10:03 AM
Yup, you did way more than I would have. But hey thats good service, kudos. You learned the Magnet didnt BT OBEX either so it was good for you.

If I recognize someone talked to me and bought the phone online, I immediately turn into an idiot and will even contradict what I said before (I know its wrong but I don't work on good feelings, I work for money via commission), sometimes I tell them the phone is junk, usually its because it is. They went with the FREE POS and now its their problem. I would have tried the cheap phone giving them massive warnings and reminding them by writing it down that if it sucks then let me exchange it for what they NEED within 30 days.

Buy it online then figure all that out yourself! You got what you paid...
(continues)
mrpmpfan

Sep 17, 2009, 5:40 AM
I paticularly love when they screw you out of a sale and then buy the phone online. They then don't come in for help at 10am when its slow they wait until 5pm when its busy as all hell.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.