Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 46 replies

Phone Pronunciations...

cilvzwagent

Aug 28, 2009, 12:54 PM
We've all had the customers who come in and ask for "Bluetoof" or "Blueberry's" but what about the ones that try their darndest to pronounce them correctly, but still mess them all up.... Here's a few I've had recently...

Nokia - "New-key"

EnV - "eee-in-v" Made me think of "WALL-E"

G'Zone - "gah-zee-one" and "ga-zone"

Once had someone come in and ask for the Large phone....LG - "Large"

Any one else had any good ones?
Researcher

Aug 28, 2009, 12:57 PM
Can't tell you how many for "Kyocera".
PhoneyName

Sep 1, 2009, 5:27 PM
Kyocera = "Cryosurge"!!
wizardofCroz

Aug 28, 2009, 12:59 PM
"sims chip" is pretty annoying. Don't know when or where it became plural, but I lost the memo.
rigoni

Aug 28, 2009, 1:34 PM
I get poeple who call the samsung Rant the Samsung Rat, odd name for phone i thought, you pull on the tail to make calls 😉
gadawg119

Aug 28, 2009, 1:43 PM
CROZ!!! Miss you, buddy. 🙂
wizardofCroz

Aug 28, 2009, 1:51 PM
😢 miss you too buddy.... and our sims chip battles
Harrassment

Aug 28, 2009, 2:34 PM
lol lol
mist668

Aug 28, 2009, 1:45 PM
Mot-ta-row-wa

Pee-paid 🤣
wizardofCroz

Aug 28, 2009, 1:53 PM
ahh yes, the old "TO-GO" phone. Another classic.

Sir, would you like your service here? Or TO-GO?
ElTriste

Sep 2, 2009, 8:10 PM
lmao!!! I hate that one
chuckie

Sep 4, 2009, 5:33 PM
🤣 it never fails
gadawg119

Aug 28, 2009, 1:47 PM
"ecks-ee-non" for the Xenon

"voo" for the Vu "View". (makes everybody sound Asian)
bazime44

Aug 28, 2009, 2:49 PM
have had multiple customers mispronounce/rearrange the xenon....i've had it called the exon and also a xerox 🙂
laporteatt

Aug 31, 2009, 7:38 PM
that one bothers me...i have friends that work at the radioshack across the street that i go and chat with... and they were like "did you get the "voo"... i was like the "view" they were like no dude your saying it wrong...our rep said it was the "voo"... i was like you can "view" tv on it...thus the view... they still to the day will not change.
Drunk

Aug 31, 2009, 7:44 PM
Flip em off, then punch them in the baby maker and tell em that's from the Voo

"Voo better watch out, voo better not cry, voo better not pout I'm tellin you why, laporteatt is coming to town"
laporteatt

Aug 31, 2009, 7:45 PM
wow ive always wanted my screen name to be in a christmas carol...or holiday carol... whatever.
ecycled

Aug 31, 2009, 7:48 PM
He's a mean one Mr. laporteatt.

hehe
laporteatt

Aug 31, 2009, 7:51 PM
wow... now im at the same level as jim carey... geeze today is just getting better and better.
ecycled

Aug 31, 2009, 7:56 PM
your dating jenny mccarthy too!! sweet
laporteatt

Aug 31, 2009, 7:57 PM
holy crap...thats what i wished for when i saw that shooting star just last night! yipity skipity!!!
Drunk

Aug 31, 2009, 7:48 PM
Who cares, it's freaking America and no-one, I mean no one can keep me from calling it whatever the hell I want to call it, taking my pants off and getting drunk. Those communist bastards are all the rage now a days.
laporteatt

Aug 31, 2009, 7:50 PM
right... those guys can get there "yule logs" out of there a** or you can beat them to death with their holiday tree
T-Monster

Aug 28, 2009, 2:29 PM
T-Mobile G1 turns into "G Phone", "G Spot phone", the "G I" and my personal favorite, the "Googly phone".
ikissgirls

Aug 29, 2009, 1:20 PM
YES!! the googly phone!! i'm gonna call it that!!! 🤣
ikissgirls

Aug 29, 2009, 1:40 PM
YES!! the googly phone!! i'm gonna call it that!!! 🤣

Do they also do a "googly" search? 😁
Harrassment

Aug 30, 2009, 5:34 AM
my g-spot phone. The vibration feature is extremely enticing.
ATnT Nokia

Aug 30, 2009, 5:39 AM
Harrassment said:
my g-spot phone. The vibration feature is extremely enticing.

Oh my gosh... I read this and spat my coffee all over my desk...! HILARIOUS!!!
Fredd

Sep 2, 2009, 12:09 PM
Hmmm, maybe Al Bundy should get one of those for his wife
chuckie

Sep 4, 2009, 5:39 PM
lolol! I have had people call the samsung magnet the "magnum" and more commonly, the sony ericsson, "sony excursion" would you like to throw some rims on that? lol
HenaT

Aug 28, 2009, 2:53 PM
Blackberry = Blueberry and Breakberry lol...
zzyo90

Aug 28, 2009, 4:16 PM
sanyo kan-tan-yah
zzyo90

Aug 28, 2009, 4:49 PM
oh yeah and the basic instinct....which always brings a certain crotchshot to mind everytime 🤣
gadawg119

Aug 28, 2009, 4:56 PM
YES! Nobody can seem to figure out what is what. Blueberry, Blacktooth, Blackberry, Bluetooth...

and when they ask for 2 bluetooth headsets. "Blueteeth?" "Bluetooths?"
chuckie

Sep 4, 2009, 5:44 PM
lmao!! blacktooth!!! i haven't come across that but that's hilarious! the hard part is, the customer is soooooo stuck on mispronouncing it because they feel they're right, i don't want to burst their bubble and pronounce it correctly!
Menno

Aug 28, 2009, 5:04 PM
Same-Sung

"That d*** chinese phone (referring to a samsung u340)

"What phone do you have m'am?" "A verizon!" "I mean, do you have the phone model?" "Flip phone!" /headdesk

Glid (Gu-lid) as in the Glyde

"The Verizon Iphone." (typically they mean a storm or a dare)

"Pre-paid blueberry"

Not really a pronunciation error, but "A good, basic, free touch screen..I don't need anything fancy" always made me laugh.
chuckie

Sep 4, 2009, 5:46 PM
yes!!!! i had someone tell me they wanted something basic, nothing fancy, something like the tilt w/internet blocked!! beyond me, really 😳
lilyofthenorth

Aug 29, 2009, 8:23 AM
molarolla is infamous.
motodude69

Aug 30, 2009, 4:35 PM
For those without teeth.
ecycled

Aug 29, 2009, 10:26 AM
nokia - nok-eye-ah (like a native american word)

LG - ulg

xenon - xnon, xeon (bizarre)

Blackberry - blueberry (someone said there is a knockoff out there called the blueberry)

iphone - when ppl can't remember it, I mean really how retarded are you that you can't get that right

storm - lightning, thunder (again ppl can't remember it they start making up stuff)

razr - before the krzr ppl called it a krazor, and now any thin flip phone is called the razor. I think the same thing will happen to the iphone it already has with the lg vu and samsung eternity. All touchscreens will forever be tied together.
ilovemyjob

Aug 29, 2009, 6:22 PM
Instead of customer's calling U.P.S, they actually say UPS...
ikissgirls

Aug 30, 2009, 8:11 AM
😳
ecycled

Aug 31, 2009, 6:54 PM
You: it will ship 2-3 days via U.P.S.
Cust: i will get it via ups
You: no U.P.S.
Cust: your a jerk, I know how to spell
charliegirl

Sep 2, 2009, 12:20 PM
For some reason no one can say Memoir. I have had Memmmer, Mesmor, Murmer, you name it
ikissgirls

Sep 2, 2009, 6:55 PM
"Tony Hawkings Sidekick" instead of "Tony Hawk Sidekick"

Custy must know about some super hi-tech, scientific Sidekick based on a descendent of the famous Stephen Hawkings. LOL 🤣
solodolo

Sep 5, 2009, 5:59 PM
I honestly have had Sony Erection. Had to walk to the back it was so bad. Almost as bad as working in the mall, with a customer and having another rep pull me aside and say "look over at the old man at the coffee shop. this dudes f#cking balls are hanging out". By far the funniest ever! customer left thinking we were laughing at her. Security came and asked him to stand up so they could explain. hahaha
jazzybaby

Sep 6, 2009, 12:54 PM
motorola: ROTAMOLA

kyocera: CRYOCEERA

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.