Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

New rule-

summerstar

Aug 25, 2009, 8:03 PM
If you come in 20 minutes before close, I will not help you. I will not speak with you. I will not answer your inane questions or entertain your stupid ideas about setting up family plans/terminating lines/switching carriers. I will hate you.
ElTriste

Aug 25, 2009, 8:28 PM
If you can't close a sale and ring it up in 20 min. you're in the wrong business.
dualitycomplex

Aug 25, 2009, 8:36 PM
absolutely I can get most activations/upgrades and other account related actvivites done in about 15-20mins if I dont waste my time or the customer's in the proccess. Just stick to the facts and if it takes you another 10mins to close your store than normal so be it, atleast you made some money.

how about a rule about people coming in 1 minute before closing to do a bill payment because their bill is already late and their phone will be shut off unless they pay right now. Those people grate on my nerves.
Crapbag

Aug 25, 2009, 9:31 PM
You must make enough in commission that you can afford to turn away money.

No sir, I would not like the $40 I'll make servicing your account today!
ATnT Nokia

Aug 25, 2009, 10:31 PM
Crapbag said:
You must make enough in commission that you can afford to turn away money.

No sir, I would not like the $40 I'll make servicing your account today!

Can I have her 40 dollars?!
Crapbag

Aug 25, 2009, 11:33 PM
Sure. As long as you're willing to help customers the last 10 minutes you're open!
robtheman

Aug 25, 2009, 11:56 PM
This is precisely why I don't miss working strictly commission or mostly commission. I'm not a slave to my job.

Suckers!
Crapbag

Aug 26, 2009, 9:37 AM
Powned. ☹️
Menno

Aug 26, 2009, 4:52 PM
If it is a minute before, or even worse after I close, I'll tell you when We open the next day (unless it was a great week for sales, and I'm ina good mood, then I'll stay open).

But 20 minutes before? That's more than a little extreme. Yes, if someone is there to complain about something you have no control over, whatever.. but if they are looking on creating a family plan.. that's money.
jeffatt

Aug 27, 2009, 3:53 PM
I think the idea is that even if a customer comes in 20 minutes before closing, if you have to go through the whole schpiel of what an upgrade/activation entails, selecting a phone, processing everything in the systems, and doing the required paperwork, it often times can take well over 20 minutes on a quality sale. And not only that, but you have to re-do cash registers, deposits, etc. That by itself can take 10-15 minutes. And if you're like me, you have to generate sales reports to send out at the end of the day and THOSE have to be recalculated, too.
Crapbag

Aug 27, 2009, 4:49 PM
I take customers as long as my door is open. If it's 20 minutes after the hour and I'm finally closing up a last minute sale and someone walks in wanting to activate, I stay. I've worked as much as an hour and a half after closing before because sales kept coming in.
jeffatt

Aug 28, 2009, 10:31 AM
That's always an option. I often have other things I want/need to do that no sale, regardless of quality, will keep me at the store though.

What I DEFINITELY will not do is stay after closing for something that ISN'T a sale...."Oh it's only 2 minutes past closing time, I need to make a payment to keep my service from being suspended"....Sorry, you're at least 2 weeks past the due date which means you've had that bill for over a MONTH.
Cellinovation

Aug 28, 2009, 12:30 PM
I am a store in a store location. the main store is open 24 hours. I close at 9pm.
I leave my store open until I finish closing, If you get me before I lock the door, you get to do business. If ive already cashed my drawers filed reports etc. Then it goes on tomorrows business. Pretty simple really.
I have been here till 11pm. Staying open for an upgrade has allowed me to be available to catch the 5 line port that was right behind it with a few blackberries and text on everything.
let me see. 2 hours or 6 phones. No sir! i don't turn down business no matter how good my month is!
Coil

Aug 28, 2009, 11:12 AM
First of all it's your duty to do your job until the 20 minutes end. Most closing procedures can not be done prior to the store closing or you will not be able to properly ring up sales/not affect numbers. But that's a moot point. You're lazy and deserve to be fired.
Cellinovation

Aug 28, 2009, 12:31 PM
I would fire you in a heart beat if this were done in my store. All employees will accept customers into the location until the minute the clock turns our closing time. Then you clear the store. Don't even think about cashing out early. That alone will get you fired.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.